Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I swear Mathil is just trolling all the people trying to cash in on his builds. Brightbeak Glacial hammer ? Come on.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Lacerate ?

How the hell you don't have 8 ascendancy points with double 6 link o_O And why no gloves, that shitty amulet and terrible rings ? You DO know that rares is where your defense comes from. If somebody showed me that character out of the blue, I'd yell RMT.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lacerate ?

How the hell you don't have 8 ascendancy points with double 6 link o_O And why no gloves, that shitty amulet and terrible rings ? You DO know that rares is where your defense comes from. If somebody showed me that character out of the blue, I'd yell RMT.

I was in the process of swapping items around. My bad. Leveling the lacerate now. See how I like. (EXACTLY what I was looking for thx)

I honestly forgot about the last ascendancy. Fuuuuuck.

I have NO idea what a good amulet is. Recommendations?

This is my problem. What I think would be great is clearly shitty. What stats are priority on a crit build? Is global crit better than a high %physical etc? And I see stats on items that people link in trade chat, that I'm like if he's asking that crazy price I will look for similar on POE trade. Nothing even close. Or when I try and re-roll items I get absolutely useless stats, and then I am stuck with that item. Is there a way to keep the wanted stats and reroll the shit ones?

This is my 1st build without following a guide to the letter. Hence the shittiness.

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I was in the process of swapping items around. My bad. Leveling the lacerate now. See how I like. (EXACTLY what I was looking for thx)

I honestly forgot about the last ascendancy. Fuuuuuck.

I have NO idea what a good amulet is. Recommendations?

This is my problem. What I think would be great is clearly shitty. What stats are priority on a crit build? Is global crit better than a high %physical etc? And I see stats on items that people link in trade chat, that I'm like if he's asking that crazy price I will look for similar on POE trade. Nothing even close. Or when I try and re-roll items I get absolutely useless stats, and then I am stuck with that item. Is there a way to keep the wanted stats and reroll the shit ones?

This is my 1st build without following a guide to the letter. Hence the shittiness.

You are not at a point where you should go with just a rough idea, not without learning how to use Path of Building. You can import your character and tinker with it easily to see the results.

As far as gearing goes, first are obviously your build enabling uniques, then you want all resists capped, don't waste anything on crafting your rare items, just buy them for 1C in all the slots without uniques and get as much life as possible while not breaking your bank, THEN start replacing your slots with rares to up your damage based on price/performance. See, all of this is quite difficult when you have no idea how the game works or what is important. While I respect the courage, it's going to waste you a lot of time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rerolling or crafting isn't something you should be doing early on. It takes a lot of money and knowledge of game/crafting mechanics to do right, and even then RNG can screw you. Outside of life and resists, there are a few other layers of defense you can/should look into. Block, dodge, endurance charges, life leech, fortify are some of the more reliable ones. Armor and evasion usually suck since they don't save you from one shots. Find a way to generate end charges if you can and link fortify to your movement skill at the very least.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You are not at a point where you should go with just a rough idea, not without learning how to use Path of Building. You can import your character and tinker with it easily to see the results.

As far as gearing goes, first are obviously your build enabling uniques, then you want all resists capped, don't waste anything on crafting your rare items, just buy them for 1C in all the slots without uniques and get as much life as possible while not breaking your bank, THEN start replacing your slots with rares to up your damage based on price/performance. See, all of this is quite difficult when you have no idea how the game works or what is important. While I respect the courage, it's going to waste you a lot of time.

Perfect. I snagged Path of Building. Holy shit this thing is a beast.

Snag the must have uniques. Cap resists but don't waste on rerolls. Purchase. As much life as possible. (I have wasted a bit on rerolls.)

From here on what you recommended gets lost on me. I guess trial and error for what is best? Unless POB has item swaps built in?

Thanks for all the info.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Rerolling or crafting isn't something you should be doing early on. It takes a lot of money and knowledge of game/crafting mechanics to do right, and even then RNG can screw you. Outside of life and resists, there are a few other layers of defense you can/should look into. Block, dodge, endurance charges, life leech, fortify are some of the more reliable ones. Armor and evasion usually suck since they don't save you from one shots. Find a way to generate end charges if you can and link fortify to your movement skill at the very least.

Now see...in my head I though armor and evasions WOULD save me from 1shots. Thx.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Armor has a weird formula where with large hits it no longer reduces based on a percent. So that percent physical reduction you see in your character screen isn't very accurate. Armor will never mitigate more than its value divided by 10. The 4% physical reduction from endurance charges however is a true percentage reduction.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I swear Mathil is just trolling all the people trying to cash in on his builds. Brightbeak Glacial hammer ? Come on.

I'm sure that's part of it, he doesn't really hide the fact that he hates price fixers who just follow his builds and screw the market for the items. Another part is, i'm sure you can only do so many "super serious builds" per league before it gets boring as hell and you want to do stuff just for funsies.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure that's part of it, he doesn't really hide the fact that he hates price fixers who just follow his builds and screw the market for the items. Another part is, i'm sure you can only do so many "super serious builds" per league before it gets boring as hell and you want to do stuff just for funsies.

Plus with the abyss gems you could make an elemental build that can do all content with just about an skill / items.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Perfect. I snagged Path of Building. Holy shit this thing is a beast.

Snag the must have uniques. Cap resists but don't waste on rerolls. Purchase. As much life as possible. (I have wasted a bit on rerolls.)

From here on what you recommended gets lost on me. I guess trial and error for what is best? Unless POB has item swaps built in?

Thanks for all the info.
You can create items in PoB, but it's honestly a bit of a pain and I don't do it since I generally have an idea what to expect, but it might help you. Basically have the build where you are and then replace items one at a time.

For example I have no idea if 6l Terminus Est is any good for lacerate, or if you'd be better off with something like Oni-Gorochi or any other crazy stick in the game. As far as upgrading your dps, rings and amulets are the big ones, rings that cap your resists+HP are great, but with every offensive stat on top the price goes up until you end up with opal rings which cost a fortune even white (for crafting) and amulets for your crit%/multiplier. Once you are mostly happy with these slots, you can look into shaper/elder items, top tier uniques, lvl 21 gems or lab enchants, but the prices skyrocket, which is why it's mostly recommended to run a build that doesn't need to break the bank to clear all the content.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I went through and upgraded out of most of my levelling gear, just gotta replace my goldrim now. 40% ed helms are kinda pricey, like 1.5ex base when I was looking earlier today. Might just go for 20% gems before that price point.

Divine orbs pissing me off. Used 4 on my breath of the council. Went from 81 -> 83 -> 80 -> 81 -> 82. Such a joke.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I paid 90c to get a 40% blade flurry helm, I ran uber for a while. I got increased chance to dodge at max blade flurry which really was no help at all. So rather just pay the chaos to get 40% blade flurry damage than keep running uber lab. At the time I think that was right at 1ex.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah i'm gonna buy it eventually I just don't have that much atm after upgrading my other stuff, went with a dirt cheap 12% contagion aoe in the meantime. 5th divine orb on my Breath ended up hitting 100% chaos damage so not upset any more about that.

I can't decide if people are hoping i'm stupid when they offer 10c for my opal ring or if they just don't know any better (base i84 opal is about 50c to buy).

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Pyros Pyros

Was trying to get fortify off my 6 link w/ flicker by having it proc off ice nova etc on a cast on dmg taken.

I guess the immunity buff is so short I never notice it, but I have it linked with a req 38 CoDT / req 31 increased duration. so should be roughly 0.60s of physical immune.

Now i'm thinking about dropping the melee totem in my build for bosses, but gotta shuffle some gems / links around to get the space for it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For Immortal Call, it does a fairly noticeable sound and has a visual effect(like some gold shit icon on top of your char) so you should notice. Can just stand somewhere with a single mob hitting you while drinking health pots to see it proc.

For Fortify, it only procs off melee attacks. No ranged attacks, no spells. Linking it to a ice nova, self cast or otherwise, will never give you fortify. Fortify effect lasts like 4secs and has a visible golden star at your feet aura type graphic. Generally if you want fortify as I pointed out, you'll want to link it to a movement skill like shield charge, leap slam or whirling blades(but not the other movement skills like mirror arrow or fire dash since those aren't melee attacks) or you use it on a separate melee skill if you're melee since putting it on your main skill tend to be a waste of a support(although I believe it was a core support for cyclone for a while, not sure about nowadays). And obviously there's various uniques that provide fortify as well as an ascendency that gives perma fortify(duellist one, forgot which).