Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It'll scale fine, I just dislike the create corpse, blow up corpse requirement. You're already at a handicap compared to any 1-click skill in terms of clear speed. And if you're not going to use bodyswap, that's another knock to clear speed.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It is a one click skill because of poet pen. One has unearth one has volitile, each casts 4 times a second, which can be taken to 5 times a secon with new elder CD time gear. Thats what makes this build what it is. You use another skill to trigger the poets pens, I use frenzy.

Cool thing is both these skills are 3 linked in poets pen which leaves you to have a kaoms or some other chest without a 6 link requirement.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You should probably still get a 6 link. Barrage(or frenzy) - Faster Attacks - GMP - LoH - Accuracy - Blood Magic.

You can put volatile in one pen and unearth in another, but coming up to a new pack with no corpses, that first cast of volatile will do nothing because unearth is a projectile and won't create corpses in time.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Poet's Pen x2 is the most fun ive had this league and Im doing on an assassin since I have 50% fire pen already I don't need to go inquis. I found for clearing PCoC + Unearth + Gmp best in 1, and then Conc + VD + Increased Crit Strikes for the DPS.

The CD gear makes it absolutely ridiculous with the helm enchant.​

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You should probably still get a 6 link. Barrage(or frenzy) - Faster Attacks - GMP - LoH - Accuracy - Blood Magic.

You can put volatile in one pen and unearth in another, but coming up to a new pack with no corpses, that first cast of volatile will do nothing because unearth is a projectile and won't create corpses in time.

Ohh yes it does, also you can pre cast it, which you learn to do. Once you get rolling, its non stop since the balls jsut target the next mob they see. Also you can make your character pretty beefy with this build. 6-7K life since you dont need 6 link. I even saw juggs using this with some other skills. Dont get me wrong it can be dangerous, bu you just learn to use positioning and pre casting.

But im not that far, I think I hit act 7 last night so definitely not end game yet. But I have like 1.5K life right now with hardly any armor (just using the shit I equipped at lv 12 jsut to make sure resists are capped) and mobs are not even touching me. The bosses are hilarious too since you pre cast a ton of balls and they just decimate the boss in a second.

And I might do the 6 link if I need it, current plan is for a Koams Heart though since from what I heard you can get like 1-2 million DPS on this build with no 6 links.

Korrupt Korrupt would a xophs help this build? I already have one from the nghama cycloner.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ohh yes it does, also you can pre cast it, which you learn to do. Once you get rolling, its non stop since the balls jsut target the next mob they see. Also you can make your character pretty beefy with this build. 6-7K life since you dont need 6 link. I even saw juggs using this with some other skills. Dont get me wrong it can be dangerous, bu you just learn to use positioning and pre casting.

But im not that far, I think I hit act 7 last night so definitely not end game yet. But I have like 1.5K life right now with hardly any armor (just using the shit I equipped at lv 12 jsut to make sure resists are capped) and mobs are not even touching me. The bosses are hilarious too since you pre cast a ton of balls and they just decimate the boss in a second.

And I might do the 6 link if I need it, current plan is for a Koams Heart though since from what I heard you can get like 1-2 million DPS on this build with no 6 links.

Korrupt Korrupt would a xophs help this build? I already have one from the nghama cycloner.
I'm not following you. I played around with poet's pen. It is definitely fun but I ended up ditching it because I didn't like the single target, even with a bodyswap, unearth, glacial cascade setup. But anyway, I found with unearth and bodyswap in the same pen, the body swap wouldn't cast because the unearth was still travelling. It was only when I put faster proj in the pen did it go reliably. How can a volatile cast at the same time as unearth succeed?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm not following you. I played around with poet's pen. It is definitely fun but I ended up ditching it because I didn't like the single target, even with a bodyswap, unearth, glacial cascade setup. But anyway, I found with unearth and bodyswap in the same pen, the body swap wouldn't cast because the unearth was still travelling. It was only when I put faster proj in the pen did it go reliably. How can a volatile cast at the same time as unearth succeed?

Pen 1 has Unearth, culling,GMP
Pen2 has Volitile dead,Increased crit, conc

View Profile - Path of Exile - mkopec1

And they both trigger at the same time Im not sure what you mean? also from what I have read if you place 2 triggering skills in the pen it wil cycle them, this is why you only put in one and supports. Seems like you had 2 trigger skills in one pen.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

If you're not an inquis I would 100% use Xoph's, I am using one as an assassin for the 10% pen and life. Poets decimates bosses Deathwing Deathwing you sure you weren't doing something different? The precasting Mko is talking about is amazing, you can inch into a room and load up enough balls to almost 1 shot phoenix or guardians no problem.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I looked at the EE build he did on the scion poet's pen he did. I don't think I could run that build with the graphics on more than 2 minutes from the looks of it, unless I found a way to turn all that off.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If you're not an inquis I would 100% use Xoph's, I am using one as an assassin for the 10% pen and life. Poets decimates bosses Deathwing Deathwing you sure you weren't doing something different? The precasting Mko is talking about is amazing, you can inch into a room and load up enough balls to almost 1 shot phoenix or guardians no problem.

Cool and thanks, oh and the offer for the keys still stands bro. Look me up tonite. My profile is up top, will be playing the scion.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like something's lost in communication here. I'm saying if you put Unearth in one pen and Volatile Dead in another, on a fresh battlefield, that very first cast of Volatile Dead will do nothing because it's triggered at the same exact time as Unearth and the projectile will still be in the air when Volatile Dead casts. I was playing the build towards zoom zoom clear, so that delay caused by Unearth travel time was very noticeable. I did try Volatile Dead instead of Bladefall for clearing, didn't like it as much because it took away my Unearth from zoom zoom.

I do see precasting lending itself to great boss damage, probably *feeling* better than Glacial Cascade. Similar effective dps if you account for precasting but much safer since much less time in combat. I'd love for a build that uses volatile dead(it is a cool skill) for zoom zoom clear. I just couldn't figure out how to use Unearth for Bodyswap and Volatile.

Maybe...4 pens!?!? Bladefall - Spell Cascade - Phys to Light and Body Swap - Unearth - Faster Proj for mapping, then weapon swap for bosses.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cool and thanks, oh and the offer for the keys still stands bro. Look me up tonite. My profile is up top, will be playing the scion.

Thank you, I have plenty of flasks + scepters for any FoH that want them. Same goes for maps if anyone needs a nice free package to boost them up.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Korrupt Korrupt I will give you 4 sets for normal Atziri if I see you online when I get off work tonight.

Deathwing Deathwing I saw your link to that EE build with PP's and the golden shower aspect got me going! I already started gathering pieces for it but might look into other builds as well for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This game really blossoms when you realize that making alts and trying different builds out is part of the fun. I usually do 2-3 builds a league but made it to 4 this time. If you vary you really learn an insane amount each time you reroll.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game really comes into its own in t13+ maps in Hardcore, imo. The sweet spot of danger and excitement.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Deathwing Deathwing I saw your link to that EE build with PP's and the golden shower aspect got me going!
Jesus people, phrasing.

The only problem with t13+ ATM is that even the most brutal maps give almost the same rewards, there's no value in rerolling maps, you get more out of sextants/zana/elder/shaper anyway.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I heard Brahma ask on discord about shapers orb. If you look at your atlas, the maps with the large blue ring/outline around them are the ones that can drop the next level of shapers orb for you, if you hover over that map on the atlas it will say boss can drop orb, it changes depending on which orb you are on level wise.

Also it's impossible to search for laboratory map in large tabs of maps, every map has the word laboratory in the description lol. Onlyl map I have in the yellows and I don't feel like looking thru multiple 80 item stash tabs of maps one by one.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last edited: