Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Consider that Inc AoE + 4 stack Reave is only 3 units of radius less than 8 stack Reave without Inc AoE. But yeah, still theorycrafting at this point. I like that you can sub in a few gems and then you have a boss killer with blade flurry.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd never use inc AoE gem in a Reave setup, but you can probably get away with it on softcore if your passive tree focuses more on damage. But you're probably going to die a lot more.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're still trading a damage support gem for a utility support gem, depending on your links and setup that can hurt your damage significantly, especially if you're already using a support gem like Fortify.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Nobody puts fortify on their damage skill in softcore. I'll just whirling blades through the boss everyone once in a while.

Can still clear half a million dps on Reave in shit dps gear using Inc AOE.

Not trying to be combative, I understand where you're coming from as a hardcore player. I'm going to try inc AoE, see how well it works for mitigating the annoyingness of Reave stacks. I suspect the damage will be ok up to the point where Reave as a whole will fail regardless of what is linked to it. Hence why I'm trying out Reave because that means Blade Flurry can be subbed in for shaper, guardian, elder, whatever.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
To each their own I guess. I could not imagine my 32" screen being ok if I spent 80+ hours and 300-800c on a build and then rip to some shit like lag, disconnect or looking away from screen for a few seconds.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I understand, but you see the trick is that you build your character so that it can survive lag, disconnects, and looking away from the screen for a few seconds.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Nobody puts fortify on their damage skill in softcore. I'll just whirling blades through the boss everyone once in a while.

Can still clear half a million dps on Reave in shit dps gear using Inc AOE.

Not trying to be combative, I understand where you're coming from as a hardcore player. I'm going to try inc AoE, see how well it works for mitigating the annoyingness of Reave stacks. I suspect the damage will be ok up to the point where Reave as a whole will fail regardless of what is linked to it. Hence why I'm trying out Reave because that means Blade Flurry can be subbed in for shaper, guardian, elder, whatever.
I run fortify on cyclone.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I understand, but you see the trick is that you build your character so that it can survive lag, disconnects, and looking away from the screen for a few seconds.

Last night the server had issues and the instances bugged out and I died. Lots of people got stuck, couldn't portal or use a wayoint even in hideouts and enter/leave a map. Lots of complaining. That kind of stuff is why I wouldn't play hardcore.

I don't know if it was one server location or multiple. Took about 15 minutes for it to get worked out. Was about 2-3am Central time.

Last edited:

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm, sounds pretty serious. By any chance, did you build your character so that it could survive lag/disconnection?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems expensive for what it is. It was leaked a long time ago like back when map stash tab was leaked too though, so not really surprising though. Might become more useful as they add more stuff to it.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, but that's a damage AND movement skill! Cyclone generally clears with ~4 links, so it can afford to run utility links. Shame they neutered its AE.

How's it work with flicker? I run it at the moment. Asking because I am still at the bottom of the learning curve. Lol

PoB says it's almost a wash as far as dmg (with added fire), figured the added durability was worth the marginal dmg loss?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
People complaing of sticking and lag/disconnects in game and I was like "glad not me tonight", disconnect.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How's it work with flicker? I run it at the moment. Asking because I am still at the bottom of the learning curve. Lol

PoB says it's almost a wash as far as dmg (with added fire), figured the added durability was worth the marginal dmg loss?
Flicker is an exception too. In that, people usually link fortify because it's your movement and damage skill. Though, some of the more recent builds I've glanced haven't run it. Been a while since I've done flicker seriously, the backtracking for loot soured me on it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL its funny how powerful the necro is just with minimal moneys spent I think I jumped streight into t5-8 maps right at lv 73 lol.

SRS was pretty powerful too before that, especially with a tabula.

SRS would probably work even better with a poets pen, lol.

I see Rize in twitch using tukohama dudes for spectres, the ones with the fire totems, to farm shaper with this build. ITs crazy how safe and powerful is with spectres.

Last edited: