Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Ever since the patch the other night my scorching ray necro is unplayable. If you start scorching ray and there are more than 3 or so monsters on screen it just shuts down all movement. A scorching ray that can't rotate around is usless. After a half dozen deaths trying to figure it out. I'll worry about it next patch/league. My other character has no issue at all. But the necro you start a new map (even tier 3 map I tried to see what was going on) and you move forward and there's a pack on screen and you start scorching ray and rotate around to get the entire pack and it just stops. Not like lag. You literally just come to a stop, can't rotate, can't open inventory, can't move. In a few minutes you get the death notice and that's it. Respawn and you can move again. Can start scorching ray in hideout and turn, soon as you enter a map and there is a pack it freezes for a few minues till you get the notice you died.

All this while having a ping of between 19 and 25ms and 120 fps. Just freezes. Oh well.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Today I chanced my first ever unique. Ive been playing this shit since chance orbs were first introduced, have probably gone through tens of thousands of them and finally got one.

Untitled.png

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agreed. That tab feels like it should be part of the map tab, since all the things it holds you put in the map device(except offerings, but close enough!).

In other news, I decided to respec my raider poet into Mathil's BF/reave poet because I had all the gear for it, mostly out of convenience since my Thunder Sucker Inquisitor pretty much had all the gear minus the weapons(which I crafted/found before his build came out). These stat stick offhands are ridiculous. I had close to 3 million shaper DPS, without even using an abyssus, helmet enchant, or intimidate. Power creep is ridiculous this league.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of stat sticks, are they ever going to fix that tooltip bug where it calculates the dps of the skill even if won't use that weapon?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been wanting to buy an upgrade to my Scaeva for a while, but the market is full of overpriced crap, so maybe it's time I try some high end crafting. Someone tell me if this is the wrong way to go about it:

Take a high ilvl base(Eternal Sword, Jeweled Rapier, Vaal Rapier, whatever) and spam alterations until I get T2+ phys% and T2+ IAS. I picked those two because those are the most important in terms of dps and their master crafting counterparts are lacking.
Regal it.
T8 Elreon it.
Master craft crit chance(hopefully the regal does't add a suffix) and added phys.

Unless that takes an absolute ton of alterations, that's a lot cheaper than what the market is providing at that dps level. Resulting sword would be ~370 dps.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd just essence spam, tbh. I've done a lot of alt/regal crafting, it's not really worth it.

Borzak

Speaking of stat sticks, are they ever going to fix that tooltip bug where it calculates the dps of the skill even if won't use that weapon?

I don't know if it's the same thing but blade flurry and scorching ray both show a dps of 2k on the character sheet. Pretty hard to get anything from that on those characters.

Importing the character into path of building only takes a few seconds and gives a much larger number, like 350k.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been wanting to buy an upgrade to my Scaeva for a while, but the market is full of overpriced crap, so maybe it's time I try some high end crafting. Someone tell me if this is the wrong way to go about it:

Take a high ilvl base(Eternal Sword, Jeweled Rapier, Vaal Rapier, whatever) and spam alterations until I get T2+ phys% and T2+ IAS. I picked those two because those are the most important in terms of dps and their master crafting counterparts are lacking.
Regal it.
T8 Elreon it.
Master craft crit chance(hopefully the regal does't add a suffix) and added phys.

Unless that takes an absolute ton of alterations, that's a lot cheaper than what the market is providing at that dps level. Resulting sword would be ~370 dps.

I lucked out and managed to pick up a 380 pdps sword for 1 ex. Every other sword with 350+ pdps last I checked started at 4ex. Thanks Mathil.

Borzak

Any suggestions for my problem. Normally I would assume something changed on the computer. But I was playing normally. The announcement came out patch being deployed soon so I logged. Logged back in an hour later and had the problem. Logged in tonight to see if it had changed. Nope. Frame time the same as it has always been. FPS of around 120fps. Ping tonight was 26ms ish. It just hangs, like a few minutes at a time. It's not a disconnect I don't think because the ping moves around enough to see it's not stuck. But I walk forward from spawn point in a map and as soon as a pack appears the game hangs. I can start scorching ray, but it won't let me turn, so unless the pack decides to suicide across my ray I die. You can't use a flask or or shield charge away. Even on really low tier stuff like tier 3 I hang several minutes at a time. I thought maybe once you die it would clear up. Nope. Respawn and go back, it does the same thing again across multiple maps.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have you tried checking out their official bug forums? That is a pretty whack bug; perhaps someone else has figured out a way to fix it.

Borzak

Yeah looked there. Changed server too just in case. Doesn't do it on my blade flurry build at all.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Any suggestions for my problem. Normally I would assume something changed on the computer. But I was playing normally. The announcement came out patch being deployed soon so I logged. Logged back in an hour later and had the problem. Logged in tonight to see if it had changed. Nope. Frame time the same as it has always been. FPS of around 120fps. Ping tonight was 26ms ish. It just hangs, like a few minutes at a time. It's not a disconnect I don't think because the ping moves around enough to see it's not stuck. But I walk forward from spawn point in a map and as soon as a pack appears the game hangs. I can start scorching ray, but it won't let me turn, so unless the pack decides to suicide across my ray I die. You can't use a flask or or shield charge away. Even on really low tier stuff like tier 3 I hang several minutes at a time. I thought maybe once you die it would clear up. Nope. Respawn and go back, it does the same thing again across multiple maps.
Any other games causing problems ?

Either way GGG support tends to be really good, so try to contact them with as much info as possible. Also try checking the game files.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

I do a fresh install every new league/major update. If I feel a weirdness there is a defrag specifically for poe that I run.

It's commonly used and will try to find it for ya. It might help or just make it worse, who knows.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Abyss league ending Feb 26th.

Forum - Announcements - Our Upcoming Development Schedule - Path of Exile

Hmmm, probably rerolled way too many times this league, don't think ~4 weeks is enough time to go from 23 to 36 achievements. Kinda thankful they aren't doing any races this time.

Does anyone know of a way to convert Amazon coins into PoE points? Got a bunch from of coins from my hearthstone days, just sitting there doing nothing.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
My google-fu is failing me, so I'll ask you smart gents: is there much of a difference in DPS for Oni Garoshis? I'm SSF and just got 3 guys up to lvl 7 while catching up on a few shows, and I'm just thinking about continuing on the second or third after I get my first, assuming a relatively low or mediocre roll.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For SSF, Oni-Gorishi, assuming your build can handle the degen, is probably best in slot. It's a shame that such a powerful weapon(or not, it's also quite stupid in design) was essentially overshadowed by shaper stat sticks. With dual wield bonuses, passives, and the elemental gain you can get from an offhand stat stick, the "Her Embrace" isn't that great. Though, it does allow you to use a Kaom's Heart, so there's that too.

But, you're likely not going to find a good shaper stat stick, so go with the Oni-Goroshi.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hadn't thought much about it, I've been content with my summoner, even just got Hydra guardian down (map drops are preventing attempts at the other guardians), but I caught EE's video on it and I noticed I actually have literally every item he recommends, with the only caveat that I don't yet have a Kaom's but I do have a Belly.

My question was actually referring to the specific crit stat of 8.5 - 9.5% in the Oni's stats, and if my first drop is more towards 8.5%, should I waste another 20/40/60 minutes with the other two characters hoping for a 9% or 9.5%, or is that little bit of crit relatively inconsequential in the grand scheme of DPS things.