Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Is there a way to filter sounds so that only the loot drop sounds play? Or are they tied to gameplay sounds?

I love to music and chill when playing ARPGs, but with gameplay noises and music all going on, it sometimes makes the drop noises difficult to hear. I really wish they'd let you set up mini-map filters as well. It's kind of insane to me that they have such a robust way of allowing you to filter loot, but don't allow for visual indicators on the mini-map ala D3.

Yeah on audio you can turn down the volume for everything but loot drop sounds. I play with all sounds off but loot drop.

Also is there something wrong with PoE Goods I can't get anything to show up now. But I turn it off too at times. I get loot drop sounds and sometimes I'll go looking for it since the bow with chain will have crap drop way off screen. I would have initially found it by moving to that area but when the sound goes off I'll start looking for it.

I guess from listening to a stream it's having to reindex people from downtime. I guess we got a patch or something.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
imma do totems for a quick lvl up to 85 and dip out most likely

Someone in my group for Bestiary release did a Guardian with GC totems and carried our entire group :D

Thats actually not a bad idea either, he didnt need shit for gear but i would have to play an old man in panties

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I might run a character to 85 during the flashback, but I'll see, finally sat down and crawled to 24. This league had terrible mechanic and was solely carried by the endgame and ascendancy changes.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got another jewel from uber elder today after not getting one for about 3 weeks.

My third jewel with life recovery via vitality.

I like jewels.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has anyone done Frostbolt self cast? Thinking I might do Trickster and FB for flashback. I think Ziz did it once I remember but cannot find any info.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, you are better off scaling with mines/traps/totems, since selfcast can't shotgun and you don't need to stay still to do dps

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I want to self cast FB, ive already no life'd a totem to 95 on HC and trapper was all I played from beta into release. Never done Frostbolt so its looking like something that would be new and fun for me.

Came up with this so far -

Caliane

FB is so frustratingly slow.
Totem is def much more ideal for it, since you can drop the totem at a location, thus dps much faster. While self cast FB you need to dive and and point blank it.
lots of skills I would be ok with self cast. not really FB though.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I tried self-cast FB back in breach and it felt bad. Outside of like ED/Contagion don't see a reason to not run totems as a spellcaster character.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That said, PP frost bolt/vortex/ice nova/glacial cascade was very fun back when berserker leech worked on spells. No idea if it still works now.

MTXgasm too.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wonder if any hope for ice trap with pyre ring and going cold to fire conversion. Burns seem dank and I think crit ice trapper did fairly well. Don't care if it's a t1 build anymore just that it's at least viable and I feel like playin.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I tried self-cast FB back in breach and it felt bad. Outside of like ED/Contagion don't see a reason to not run totems as a spellcaster character.

Found Ziz's video he did it to 100, seemed fine and fast he was shield charging through packs behind it. An officer from my guild who usually plays builds I like said he did it in Bestiary and it was a horrible and slow start. Might just go wander and say fuck it, def going to keep an eye out for someone to copy in Discord until Friday.

My autism is full strength now trying to think about a build, this shit gets into my mind and I change my plans what feels like twenty times before the league.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think I might do raider wild strike or cyclone if I can get ngamahus. Or perhaps spectral throw cause that MTX is damn smexxy.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I still haven't decided if I'll do the throwback deal. If I do I guess I'll use the gladiator blade flurry build I used in abyss. It's the only recent build that I've done that I feel like I had real sucess with. Limited amount of currency in it and got all the guardians pretty easily, red elder, and one shaper before I stopped working on it. I have the finished product on standard to use as an aim for, but I may have to go back and find a build guide for what I used along the way gem wise and such.

I know gladiator took a hit with the ascendancy changes. I need something tanky tho. The block worked out well. Just dunno.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This throwback is in some weird middle ground. Long enough to build at least a couple characters and the awesomeness of Legacy(without the stone bullshit!) but no new content, challenges, or reworks.

I think I would have prefered full blown 3-month throwback league. Toss in whatever skill reworks that are good enough to go, and then explicitly say you're calling that the league so you can catch up on QA. The ascendancy rework will still pay dividends, I bet most people still have a few they want to try out.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I think Chris mentioned they get most of their money from supporter packs; would be hard to just make a legacy type league w/o a new pack.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think Chris mentioned they get most of their money from supporter packs; would be hard to just make a legacy type league w/o a new pack.
I mean nothing stopping them from making packs for a legacy/throwback league, it's the same thing as doing a pack for any other league really. Some packs have thematical armor, but a lot of the sets are random shit anyway so they could do it fine. If they were really lazy they could rerelease an old pack too, although that might annoy people who like the time exclusivity of packs and how the older packs get rarer over time as people leave and not come back.

You'd still save a bunch of time from all the other stuff. I assume the cosmetics team is separate from the ingame assets/UI team anyway who usually work on the new content.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I mean nothing stopping them from making packs for a legacy/throwback league, it's the same thing as doing a pack for any other league really. Some packs have thematical armor, but a lot of the sets are random shit anyway so they could do it fine. If they were really lazy they could rerelease an old pack too, although that might annoy people who like the time exclusivity of packs and how the older packs get rarer over time as people leave and not come back.

You'd still save a bunch of time from all the other stuff. I assume the cosmetics team is separate from the ingame assets/UI team anyway who usually work on the new content.
Well the problem they might face there is people not wanting to buy a half-assed supporter pack if they just throw random shit in it or reuse old packs. Reddit is a bit of a bitch in this regard.