Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well the problem they might face there is people not wanting to buy a half-assed supporter pack if they just throw random shit in it or reuse old packs. Reddit is a bit of a bitch in this regard.
Well my point was, them having a pack shouldn't impact the patching process, it's probably different teams working on cosmetics. So you could have a nothing new league and still have the guys working on cosmetics produce a normal pack like usual leagues and it'd let the content teams take a break for an entire league to catch up/clean up stuff. Even if the cosmetics team is the same as the one that makes actual content assets and stuff, that'd still be ok, they can work normally on the pack but they'd have less work(no actual league content assets since it's just old stuff). So regardless there's no reason they couldn't make a good pack for a legacy league or any other type of league, their work doesn't change at all there. Meanwhile all the other devs can take 3months to work on code issues, balance, UI QoL changes and whatever else.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I bought the 30$ bird one cause the bird pet is pretty dope. I then caved and bought the 60$ one too. I was hesitating at first because the helm looks absolutely retarded but the set + Deicide helmet looks awesome for me.

I think their best packs were the Shaper/guardian packs and the worst packs are the current War for the Atlas. Over designed vomit after Seeker tier.

I know this was a tangent but I don't care.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played a low-life Freezing Pulse char a few leagues ago (before the ES nerfs) and I liked it, never messed with frostbolt tho.

I looked at poeninja and it looks like Assassin is by far the least played I would consider playing. Thinking SSF wander now, easy to gear
I bought the 30$ bird one cause the bird pet is pretty dope. I then caved and bought the 60$ one too. I was hesitating at first because the helm looks absolutely retarded but the set + Deicide helmet looks awesome for me.

I think their best packs were the Shaper/guardian packs and the worst packs are the current War for the Atlas. Over designed vomit after Seeker tier.

I know this was a tangent but I don't care.

I’ve always loved or hated the packs but in the end I know I’m supporting one of if not the best dev teams I’ve ever seen and a fun free game that’s has constantly been updated the 5 years I’ve played.

Bex alone is hilarious and their CS team responds with real people almost right away most times. Wish more games had teams and business models like PoE.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've spent well over a grand on this game. I don't regret it whatsoever.

PS: Who's interested in getting a levelling/map group together?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Vaal skill rework preview has been posted.

Forum - Announcements - Skill Revamps - Part 4 - Path of Exile

As someone who's really only used Vaal Haste, Grace, and Reave, these seem like good changes. I never played PoE during the Vaal Fireball/Spark meta, but I'm betting some people wanting competitive clear vaal skills are going to be disappointed by the minimum soul collection cooldown. This might be a nice way to supplement clear skills with single target skills.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Arc is already viable! With poet's pen...

I wonder how that will work now. If you put Vaal Arc in a Poet's Pen, is it now firing off Vaal Arc any time you have souls and regular Arc otherwise? That'd be pretty fucking good. Even with the freed up gem slots, Vaal skills will still require a precious hotkey. I rarely ever remembered to use Vaal Haste/Grace even when I have them socketed and hotkeyed.

Vaal skill buff? More like Poet's Pen buff.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Good point. Man, fuck this flashback, I want 3.3.

Still going to play, but probably just pump a deadeye tornado shot build to 85 and that's it.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Sorry I should have specified self-cast, though I think self-cast in general is going to need an overhaul or something. I don't want to play totems/mines/gimic stuff like Poets Pen.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm with you on totems and mines, boring shit. I'm not sure what you mean by PP and gimmick though. I know you know that there are some quite powerful builds centered around that item.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Oh yeah I mean I know PP builds are strong. I dunno something about trigger type builds seems strange to me, I can't get into them. Like I never cared for Cast on Crit type stuff.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Arc is already viable! With poet's pen...

I wonder how that will work now. If you put Vaal Arc in a Poet's Pen, is it now firing off Vaal Arc any time you have souls and regular Arc otherwise? That'd be pretty fucking good. Even with the freed up gem slots, Vaal skills will still require a precious hotkey. I rarely ever remembered to use Vaal Haste/Grace even when I have them socketed and hotkeyed.

Vaal skill buff? More like Poet's Pen buff.

Vaal skills cant be triggered. Same way a Vaal skill wont work in a cast on damage taken, it wont work in a Poets Pen.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Biggest change to make vaal skills less shit is letting you use both the normal version and vaal version with 6L, that's gonna be pretty big, plus it saves some gem sockets. Might not be great for say Vaal Haste since you generally don't want vanilla Haste anyway but great for the attack skill variants. On the flipside, I don't think you can get 20+ Vaal gems? Since vaal gems can't be vaaled. So for high end it'll be a tradeoff between having a higher base damage or having an optional vaal skill. Should be kinda interesting. Should make a bunch of vaal gems more valuable though.

Liking all these changes they're announcing a lot. Ignite buffs they posted about last time weren't like, super great, but they should make ignite relatively viable again with the huge aoe from prolif and higher base damage, especially until they finally nerf ele equilibrium.

Wonder if they'll finally nerf Vaal Reave effect working on normal Reave with these changes. Maybe giving it something else.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Vaal skills cant be triggered. Same way a Vaal skill wont work in a cast on damage taken, it wont work in a Poets Pen.
Booo! Back to forgetting to use my vaal skills.

Beastcrafting can give level 21 vaal skills.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Biggest change to make vaal skills less shit is letting you use both the normal version and vaal version with 6L, that's gonna be pretty big, plus it saves some gem sockets. Might not be great for say Vaal Haste since you generally don't want vanilla Haste anyway but great for the attack skill variants. On the flipside, I don't think you can get 20+ Vaal gems? Since vaal gems can't be vaaled. So for high end it'll be a tradeoff between having a higher base damage or having an optional vaal skill. Should be kinda interesting. Should make a bunch of vaal gems more valuable though.

Liking all these changes they're announcing a lot. Ignite buffs they posted about last time weren't like, super great, but they should make ignite relatively viable again with the huge aoe from prolif and higher base damage, especially until they finally nerf ele equilibrium.

Wonder if they'll finally nerf Vaal Reave effect working on normal Reave with these changes. Maybe giving it something else.

The Cataclysm

Only way to get one.

/edit or i guess beastcrafting too. I didnt play this league.

Quick look on poe.trade, they arnt rare.
search results

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ah yeah didn't think of cards, makes sense. Most of them for sale are probably the byproduct of these cards failing and getting vaal gems. Then there's no advantage to using a non vaal gem if there's a vaal skill for the skill you want to use. There's not that many vaal skills though, they kinda stopped making them a while ago(other than vaal breach which is pretty specific obv). I wonder with these changes if they'll go and make more and just leave it like that.