Path of Exile

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Cool addition.

One problem I'm having is I have a bunch of items worth 1alch but I don't know of a good way to liquidate them. I think D3's auction house has spoiled me and I wonder whether I would personally enjoy it in PoE.

fucker_sl

shitlord
Cool addition.

One problem I'm having is I have a bunch of items worth 1alch but I don't know of a good way to liquidate them. I think D3's auction house has spoiled me and I wonder whether I would personally enjoy it in PoE.
it's the East Commonland tunnel /auc all over again, Tuco. Enjoy the good old days!!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I never really participated in that shit. I just liquidated by goods for cheap and got ripped off everytime I bought something.

fucker_sl

shitlord
same here. i always sell all my shit to vendors cause i can't stand even wasting 2 minutes to setup auctions or a bazaar mule. Even less if i have to sit on my ass doing ctrl+v to repeat auction messages. you know, when i log in a game i want to actually play it

i wonder how ppl can do it

now, on the build discussion:

in an act of absolute madness i have decided to scrap my Infernal Blow marauder and work on a Lightning Strike one

my goal is to use LS with Lesser Multiple Projectile, Greater Multiple Pojectile, Chain, Lightning Penetration, reduced mana. Maximum manacost of this combo should be between 85 and 107 mana, depending if the penalties stack with each other (they do?)

this will be mypassive build

i could really use some suggestions :p

Man having a rough time with currency , lvl 47 now and making my way to do act 2 boss but man are those chaos shooting shit working me over quick like. My armor is real low and having a hard time finding currency to actually make new armor , so my question is does item rarity help with currency/skill gems drops?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man having a rough time with currency , lvl 47 now and making my way to do act 2 boss but man are those chaos shooting shit working me over quick like. My armor is real low and having a hard time finding currency to actually make new armor , so my question is does item rarity help with currency/skill gems drops?
No item rarity doesn't help, item quantity increases the chance of dropping more currency though. You're better off buying items than making them in most cases.

Yeah , made the mistake of using my chaos and regal orbs early on. Used like 10 or so chaos and 4 regals like an idiot on low level crap. Havent seen one since i hit cruel , made it to act 3 though with 2 nice rings i found one with a orb of chance and one a drop which helped me big time with resists and mana regen. Another question and thanks for the answer Pyros , but is there certain skill gems that only drop in certain difficulties and or level and is there a site where i can see this information. Trying to find me some Bloodmagic gems.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was grouping with krassus for a while but think he is out of town. If anyone wants to do maps add kazoraa in game 76 witch on softcore.
Pug groups love when I join. I generally have to stay at range for my build and I usually lose all my shit to melee who are next to the loot. After the last unique I couldn't get to in time I am done pugging

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Btw - if you run across one of those large chests on a map, can you portal out, put on a buncha iir/iiq gear and come back, and have the chest be affected?
I've been trying that a while and haven't noticed a diff but my iir may not be good enough

Caliane

Btw - if you run across one of those large chests on a map, can you portal out, put on a buncha iir/iiq gear and come back, and have the chest be affected?
I've been trying that a while and haven't noticed a diff but my iir may not be good enough
Chests are generated on map creation. They are not effected by magic find, or anything.
The chest and the map will stay open for 5-15min when empty. I think its gotten better. I have not had any despawn on me in a while. You have a while to clear up space. but don't leave it empty for too long.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah , made the mistake of using my chaos and regal orbs early on. Used like 10 or so chaos and 4 regals like an idiot on low level crap. Havent seen one since i hit cruel , made it to act 3 though with 2 nice rings i found one with a orb of chance and one a drop which helped me big time with resists and mana regen. Another question and thanks for the answer Pyros , but is there certain skill gems that only drop in certain difficulties and or level and is there a site where i can see this information. Trying to find me some Bloodmagic gems.
Gems don't have any requirement other than their level like any item. So you can only find a 31gem in a 29 or higher area(rare mobs drop +2level, champion +1, so in a 29map onyl rare could drop it etc). Since there are tons of gems though, getting the right one as a drop is extremely unlikely. I would trade for them, but you'll need alchs/chaos to buy them. 1chaos or 2alchs would probably be the price to aim for them. You can get them from quest rewards with certain classes too, but since they're higher level gems you'd need to lvl chars to cruel to get them so not worth it.

Damn nice
biggrin.png
what are the stats it roll'd for you.

biggrin.png

Ryanz

<Banned>
You got a fucking astramentis??? Like it dropped for you, you rolled it, or bought it? If it dropped for you, you're my new grouping partner.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
He just started playing so im guessing either orbed it or drop. Congrats you're instantly 1000x richer than you were a minute before that.

Regarding the currency situation, what do you guys think will happen in the long run? I feel that gcps are going to lose their value. Because gems are one of the few nonconsumeables, and quality drop gems are not *that* rare , more common than a rare unique or an ultimate quality rare item. So unless they are able to steadily keep adding skills I see their value going down over time as people get the quality they want either thru drops or gcp they already used.

As the game matures I foresee regret orbs going up in value. People are going to have so much invested into a character at some point that it will be too much work to start over again, which may favor massive regret usage if they decide to change up their specs etc.

And definitely exalted will continue to be at the top.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well on softcore I could see currency fluctuating, on hardcore gear and gems still disapear from the economy regularily from people dying, so you always need stuff. Regrets I guess could see a rise in price but I don't know, it's so fast to level new chars at least to 70-80, and iyou get free points, so you don't need that many regrets. I guess if you want to absolutely reroll your char but demand isn't that high for such an extreme respec. There's also the fact you can get regrets from vendors, for 2scourings, and scourings for 4chances, so it can't fluctuate that much because there's a lot of more common currency that can be converted in regrets which means it'd need to pull all the related currency up for regrets to sustain a high price.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I made a cheat sheet for "perfect" stats. These values aren't 100% accurate but should be good for some guidelines.

Attack Speed:
25% if on Weapon
13% otherwise

Cast Speed: 19%

----------------------------------------------------------------

Flat Damage Increases

+ Physical Damage:
25 to 38 if on weapon
15 to 26 otherwise

+ Cold Damage:
38 to 67 if on weapon
22 to 40 otherwise