Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Dumb question time again. I'm having lots of crash issues but...I get doing the incursion to shape the temple and such. If you open the temp from the lady what happens or what is supposed to happen? I get put into a new map and crash in the first 15 seconds. Is that something I should just avoid or is that something I'm supposed to do?

Caliane

Incursion/temples might be better end game then maps AND labyrinth. God damn this shit is cool.
Fun factor specifically, but rewards awesome too.

Its effectively a custom built map/apex of sacrific atziri map..

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Only thing that can be annoying, at least early on, is not having the stone of passage drop on the side you need. Did find out demolition room is quite good, lets you break one wall in your temple so can either fix bad pathing or open up something you might have missed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dumb question time again. I'm having lots of crash issues but...I get doing the incursion to shape the temple and such. If you open the temp from the lady what happens or what is supposed to happen? I get put into a new map and crash in the first 15 seconds. Is that something I should just avoid or is that something I'm supposed to do?
I mean you crashing shouldn't happen, that sounds like a problem with something, try updating video drivers, turning off some shits in the graphic options(there's some weird filters applied in the temple), also I think Lacerate is bugged atm and causes crashes, they might have fixed it though.

Otherwise the concept is rather simple, talk to the lady, she'll open a portal, click portal to "phase" into the past, kill shit before timer runs out, use the items that drop to open door, kill one of the 2 architect to progress your temple(either upgrade one tier or change the room to another room). Make sure to check the map at the start when talking to the lady to figure out which door you want to open and which architect you want to kill. Once you've done 11 incursions(counter is at the bottom of the temple map when you press V/talk to the lady), she'll open 6portals like a map instead, for the actual temple. Clear shit as usual like a map, it mirrors what you did in the 11 incursions before. That's about it.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Arc traps feel really good so far, for leveling at least. The new lightning spire trap is pretty good for the single target which is what guess they wanted. Enjoying my trapper so far, pretty decent start. Got a Brightbeak to drop early at least heh.

Borzak

I mean you crashing shouldn't happen, that sounds like a problem with something, try updating video drivers, turning off some shits in the graphic options(there's some weird filters applied in the temple), also I think Lacerate is bugged atm and causes crashes, they might have fixed it though.

Otherwise the concept is rather simple, talk to the lady, she'll open a portal, click portal to "phase" into the past, kill shit before timer runs out, use the items that drop to open door, kill one of the 2 architect to progress your temple(either upgrade one tier or change the room to another room). Make sure to check the map at the start when talking to the lady to figure out which door you want to open and which architect you want to kill. Once you've done 11 incursions(counter is at the bottom of the temple map when you press V/talk to the lady), she'll open 6portals like a map instead, for the actual temple. Clear shit as usual like a map, it mirrors what you did in the 11 incursions before. That's about it.

Yeah I got the incursion part, was talking about when she opens the actual temple map that's like a regular map.

4 total patches since launch. Hopefully the patch fixed the crashing. From reading on reddit several others getting it in the same spot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't decide between Reave, Spectral Throw, and Windripper? Which is going to be a better starter? I'm leaning Reave because it has strong end-game potential, clear, and single-target, but I kinda wanted to try a bow build this season...

Help me FOH, you're my only hope!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Arc traps feel really good so far, for leveling at least. The new lightning spire trap is pretty good for the single target which is what guess they wanted. Enjoying my trapper so far, pretty decent start. Got a Brightbeak to drop early at least heh.

ya, watching streams while playijng arc traps and arc totems are just nuts. will be interested in seeing how they do later game

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That can't possibly be accurate, there haven't been 400 posts calling it a shit league etc. Beastiary only league that ever has not been perfect from start to finish!
Strawman much?

They always get a bunch of patches out the first day to fix crashes/big issues(like vaal storm call on mobs casting every 10times per .1sec which I assume is one of the things they patched), cause they pretty much always fuck something up every league, even the "best" leagues like breach.

An actual comparison would be if people were asking for more loot, for bombs to drop more often because they can't open the doors, for the boss to be nerfed, fpr stronger rooms to be more common, for the option to be able which room you play in instead of RNG and so on. Basically, to change actual league mechanics. So far I haven't seen much complaining about it, unlike beast capturing which had hundreds of posts whining about literally hours after the start of the league, how it was slow as fuck, unreliable, clunky, not useable on some builds and so on(all shit that was guessed before the league even started too). And they had to cave in hard and start patching league mechanics quickly to get it in an "ok" state.

Caliane

I can't decide between Reave, Spectral Throw, and Windripper? Which is going to be a better starter? I'm leaning Reave because it has strong end-game potential, clear, and single-target, but I kinda wanted to try a bow build this season...

Help me FOH, you're my only hope!
none of those sound particularly fun or great starters. haha.

got a friend doing spectral throw.. but thats pretty dependent on finding great gear. Windripper is a specific item needed, and only mid teir dps last I checked.. pretty sure reave is not remote top teir melee aoe these days.

blast rain, rain of arrows got buffed. TS always good. but, just any bow, not specifically windripper.

Borzak

I got my issue narrowed down. Don't know what to do with it tho. My ping hovers around 19ms to 25ms on average. I've noticed when in an incursion or the temple suddenly I get spikes to 350ms or more for up to 30 seconds. In incursion this leads to going back to the login. In temple it leads to just long lag for a minute of 400ms+ and then the client will actually crash. I happens nowhere else in the game.

Caliane

anyone know how the sacrifice rooms work?
What is the vial of transcendance or whatever is needed?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
none of those sound particularly fun or great starters. haha.

got a friend doing spectral throw.. but thats pretty dependent on finding great gear. Windripper is a specific item needed, and only mid teir dps last I checked.. pretty sure reave is not remote top teir melee aoe these days.

blast rain, rain of arrows got buffed. TS always good. but, just any bow, not specifically windripper.
Maybe not while leveling, but reave is definitely one of the best melee aoe skills in the endgame.

Caliane

Ess of hysteria on gloves adds the fire damage to spells correct?

Essence of Hysteria

Made a few changes to my flamesurge plan. Dropped pcoc from orb of storms, added combustion, and ideally, ess of hysteria gloves.
If that works as expected. orb of storms+combustion+curse on hit+warlords. +hysteria added fire, and tri-herald. That should tear through maps alone with ease. additional +fire damage to spells, would be nice, but not required.
(commandment of flames also would be nice.)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone else finding the league super stingy for currency? I've never hit 40 and still been unable to buy more than one of my L38 gems. Only 1c drop too, and that's with me doing a treasury and a vault.