Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No I get that it's easy to target it if you do the scour method and know which maps you wanna run. But it's impossible to target with a fully fleshed out map. Just feels a bit counter intuitive to me from a progression perspective.
It is a bit sad that the goal is to fill up the lower tier then scour everything mid tier to only run shaped maps with good layouts and non retarded bosses(like almost everything in red maps is). And yeah once you unlock everything it's a bitch to get specific maps. Maybe Zana could have a trading system? Say 5maps a day, 1:1 trade for something of the same tier. Not great for people playing a lot but for a more casual approach, it'll let you convert your bad high tier maps into good ones.

They probably want to do a pass on red maps overall too. Shit that have super long hard bosses should give way better rewards. Like for example my first path in red maps went through Core and Malachai is just a retarded boss to have in maps, especially since it has all the phases and waiting and shit. And then the next map is Plaza, which has a dangerous but low health no phase shit boss, the Goddess, and she died in like 3seconds. And they drop the same thing, even though Malachai takes like way longer and has way more risks involved. Could say the maps are better and I guess core has a pretty good layout but it's not nearly enough I think. It's both bad compared to other red maps, and especially bad compared to shaped maps. The Kitava map also sounds retarded. These maps should have guaranteed map drops on the bosses or some shit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Orb of Horizons was the only thing that made Bestiary bearable, I want those back with every league mechanic.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They drop in temple. Can't remember if I got mine from a storage room or a currency room but yea.

What are those good for again? Is it just like alch crafting but guaranteed links? Doesn't seem like a huge benefit considering how easy it is to 4L something and how rare they are now. Seems to me like they would be pretty good for leveling a new toon but that's about it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Horizons changes a map to another of the same tier. You're thinking of Orb of Binding.

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
Its really not that much work to make your atlas drop what you want, I ran anything up to t13 and got all my orbs and then spent 5 minutes fixing the atlas to drop shaped only. Easy tradeoff for huge returns, you just need to be around 100+ on the Atlas. I went through 96-97 in hours yesterday running shaped waste pools (note: first 40% I had support) its 2x the XPH of normal dumpster maps of the same tier.

How do you go about setting your atlas up to only drop shaped maps?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good to see t16 maps aren't spawning Abyss when I pay the 5 chaos for it.

I tried to Beyond my Vaal temple (Still don't have T7 Zana) and yea...feelsbadman

Couple of questions about ilvl

1) How does ilvl affect the T3 Sac Chamber?
2) What is the point of those ilvl 100 items? If the best mods come from ilvl 86 I feel there is no point in these items. I also feel I've asked this question before a few leagues back.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Code:
https://pastebin.com/QTVx8tHw
Looks fine for the most part.

• HoI is not worth the mana reservation, it does negligible damage in this build. You want arcane surge with orb of storms anyway. I've seen some setups use flame dash to get their arcane surge, seems ok to do that too.
  • I'm personally not a fan of the frenzy on gloves setup. It's close to impossible to get frenzy and barrage, in this setup, to line up to the same APS. I also don't like maintaining frenzy charges during single target fights, but I'm also lazy and forgetful. So, I forgo 12% multiplier and just chuck frenzy(and frenzy charges) from the build completely. Makes it easier to maintain your barrage APS, and you don't have to get some expensive shaper gloves.
  • Why is lightning warp on your body armor?
  • I think Choir of the Storm is overrated for its price. A good spell and lightning damage amulet will get you within 5% damage and will get you much more life and a bit more mana.
  • Use a quicksilver flask, movement speed is a factor for lightning warp.
  • Getting the 3-passive jewel slot near Acrobatics is weird since you haven't filled out many 2-passive jewel slots.
  • I think Amplify is a waste of passives. It only affects ball lightning and the build can definitely spend those points elsewhere.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Looks fine for the most part.

• HoI is not worth the mana reservation, it does negligible damage in this build. You want arcane surge with orb of storms anyway. I've seen some setups use flame dash to get their arcane surge, seems ok to do that too.
  • I'm personally not a fan of the frenzy on gloves setup. It's close to impossible to get frenzy and barrage, in this setup, to line up to the same APS. I also don't like maintaining frenzy charges during single target fights, but I'm also lazy and forgetful. So, I forgo 12% multiplier and just chuck frenzy(and frenzy charges) from the build completely. Makes it easier to maintain your barrage APS, and you don't have to get some expensive shaper gloves.
  • Why is lightning warp on your body armor?
  • I think Choir of the Storm is overrated for its price. A good spell and lightning damage amulet will get you within 5% damage and will get you much more life and a bit more mana.
  • Use a quicksilver flask, movement speed is a factor for lightning warp.
  • Getting the 3-passive jewel slot near Acrobatics is weird since you haven't filled out many 2-passive jewel slots.
  • I think Amplify is a waste of passives. It only affects ball lightning and the build can definitely spend those points elsewhere.

I am not using flame dash or frenzy right now, just don't know what else I am going to put in those.

Yeah I put HoI up just because and without using flame dash maybe surge there would be best.

LW is there so I could self cast it earlier, I am going to redo the sockets to make it green for accuracy.

I am using a quicksilver flask.

I am thinking on dropping the choir as well. Right now I have just over 6k EHP and I zoom through most everything.

I will take a look at the jewel slots and see if I can tighten that up, I was following the build you had linked and haven't critiqued it yet. I think that I needed the dex though to max out GMP?

I will look at amplify and see where that could be better spet.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
FWIW, I was toying around with Blade Vortex tonight. Very similar build with the bonus of freeze but the downside of having to maintain Blade Vortex. I couldn't stomach maintaining Blade Vortex, so now trying to find a way to do a Poet's Pen/Inpulsa's/Lightning Warp build but also freezes. This build is a bit weak defensively when stuff doesn't die instantly.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also, the pathing on shield charge fucking blows. So good in some maps, so shitty in others. It should get the same treatment cyclone did. I can generally get good rhythm going with other movement skills, even one with (I suspect) just as shitty pathing like whirling blades. It's just that most builds that use whirling blades have tons of attack speed, so the recovery time for whirling into an obstacle is nil, while most builds that use shield charge are usually attack speed starved.