Path of Exile

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
FWIW, I was toying around with Blade Vortex tonight. Very similar build with the bonus of freeze but the downside of having to maintain Blade Vortex. I couldn't stomach maintaining Blade Vortex, so now trying to find a way to do a Poet's Pen/Inpulsa's/Lightning Warp build but also freezes. This build is a bit weak defensively when stuff doesn't die instantly.
Interesting.

I am thinking on picking up Coordination instead of Amplify because it's low hanging fruit right there.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I knew I was making a mistake not cashing out the sales I made last night. I guess I should thank the price fixers, since I managed to snag 3 underpriced ex before they did this morning.

Pretty sure I'm still never going to be able to afford a Watcher's Eye though. The exa price on them is staying static or increasing even as exa becomes worth more.

Caliane

I am not using flame dash or frenzy right now, just don't know what else I am going to put in those.

Yeah I put HoI up just because and without using flame dash maybe surge there would be best.

LW is there so I could self cast it earlier, I am going to redo the sockets to make it green for accuracy.

I am using a quicksilver flask.

I am thinking on dropping the choir as well. Right now I have just over 6k EHP and I zoom through most everything.

I will take a look at the jewel slots and see if I can tighten that up, I was following the build you had linked and haven't critiqued it yet. I think that I needed the dex though to max out GMP?

I will look at amplify and see where that could be better spet.
Cast when damage taken+cold snap. Cold snap gives frenzy charges on kill now. vaal cold snap always freezes in an aoe around you, give frenzy charges on kill, AND give frenzy charges 1/s if an enemy is in its aoe.

Vaal Cold Snap

I run a flamedash+inc duration+ arcane surge atm. its solid. but, also have increased skill effect duration in my overall build. so, lit warp is out of the question. (inc duration on flame dash is for the higher mana multi, thus higher level arcane surge, then faster cast.)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Note that he's not saying he doesn't know why...

I know why, I live on - poe.ninja

I'm always looking at the market while doing nothing. I also like to study people with the same skills constantly to see if there is some tiny nuance I might be missing on. Plus I am grinding to 100 soon. Yesterday level 97 which I just went from 97 to 97.8 on cost me around 46ex and 1200 chaos worth of materials alone and that's with 1 death (Ill make 40+ ex of currency back). If I don't constantly make money I cannot XP like I want and would have to go pleb status without 4 proper sextants every 3 maps.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, I took this build

Forum - Witch - [3.3] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder - Path of Exile

And improved it. But I haven't tested it yet, feedback welcome. The idea was to take a typical Blade Vortex build and a Lightning PP build and mesh them together. Essentially, I wanted the defense of chill and freeze. I don't like having to depend on a amulet(temple mod or corruption) for life leech, but it was the only way I could fit in Wrath comfortably.

Pros:
  • Higher dps
  • Higher stun threshold
  • Chills everything, freezes and shatters everything but bosses
  • HoI mtx
  • A bit cheaper since it doesn't need Mind of The Council nor Berek's Grip(to be fair, the original build doesn't need Berek's Grip either...)
  • HoI chains itself and Inpulsa's via Ice Bite and Innervate support links. The original build already cleared pretty well, but I suspect supplemental HoI chaining will make it even screen clearier.
Cons:
  • A bit less EHP(6.5k HP at 91) since no MoM
  • Wise Oak resist matching on 2 resists

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The really crazy part, EX price on Incursion higher than on standard right now by about 8-10c.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just had someone ask, "So is it priced at today's ex or the old 70c per ex?". Really bro?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Make sure you add in increased AoE for HoI, it makes a huge difference if you can afford the mana. I am running CoC arc to 100 and as long as I shield charge one mob even around corners my inpulsas and HoI procs sometimes clear 3 screens away. For rings I am much more a fan of Mark of Shaper coupled with a life + resist heavy Shaper ring for the spell damage over CoTB.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Make sure you add in increased AoE for HoI, it makes a huge difference if you can afford the mana. I am running CoC arc to 100 and as long as I shield charge one mob even around corners my inpulsas and HoI procs sometimes clear 3 screens away. For rings I am much more a fan of Mark of Shaper coupled with a life + resist heavy Shaper ring for the spell damage over CoTB.
Yeah, I told @a_skeleton_03 to drop AoE nodes but now I see they might be more important. I'd love to know what the base radius on Inpulsa's and HoI is. Did you mean AoE passives, or AoE support?

CoTB is required unfortunately, I need some cold damage on arc to start the chill and freeze chain. I'm not certain if an added cold or ice bit support will be enough to get freezes out of those PP arc.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Man when ever I read what you guys are doing in this game all I think is. Wtf am I doing wrong lol. I'm 88 and I've made maybe 450c so far which includes my 1ex drop.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's stage 1. Stage 2 is realizing what you're doing wrong and saying "fuck that shit" because you just want to play a damn game and not deal with the bullshit that goes along with succeeding in PoE's 'economy'. This league is extra retarded for whatever reason (big part being that it's actually a good league for a change), not only is the currency market a complete shitshow like it always is, you can't even buy maps without a stupid amount of extra effort.

Or else you get a mirror drop.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I told @a_skeleton_03 to drop AoE nodes but now I see they might be more important. I'd love to know what the base radius on Inpulsa's and HoI is. Did you mean AoE passives, or AoE support?

CoTB is required unfortunately, I need some cold damage on arc to start the chill and freeze chain. I'm not certain if an added cold or ice bit support will be enough to get freezes out of those PP arc.

I have 0 cold damage, its only HoI procing the explosions and adding the cold damage to Arc. I meant the AoE support gem with HoI correct, not the nodes on the tree sir.

Man when ever I read what you guys are doing in this game all I think is. Wtf am I doing wrong lol. I'm 88 and I've made maybe 450c so far which includes my 1ex drop.

You're young at level 88, exp starts scaling way way up as you level. People (not saying you) expect to grind one toon to 90 and be rich from doing something that takes experienced people 6 hours to do. Level 90 is a beginner unfortunately in this game, if you're level 95 or something and youre dead broke then you just have horrible RNG or are doing something wrong.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have 0 cold damage, its only HoI procing the explosions and adding the cold damage to Arc. I meant the AoE support gem with HoI correct, not the nodes on the tree sir.

Hmmm, I'll give that a try. Usually when I try HoI by itself, it's not enough to get freezes, but that's usually on attack builds. For what it's worth, in my setup, Essence Worm - Wrath and CoTB is more damage than Elder Opal and Mark of The Shaper. Definitely would want a Warlord's Mark on Hit from that elder ring though...

I was going to run HoI - Innervate - Ice Bite - Hypothermia. Passives on the tree might actually be more flexible. I kinda want all three of those supports. Maybe Hypothermia or Ice Bite is overkill with the Elementalist's prolif. Which would you drop for inc aoe?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmmm, I'll give that a try. Usually when I try HoI by itself, it's not enough to get freezes, but that's usually on attack builds. For what it's worth, in my setup, Essence Worm - Wrath and CoTB is more damage than Elder Opal and Mark of The Shaper. Definitely would want a Warlord's Mark on Hit from that elder ring though...

I was going to run HoI - Innervate - Ice Bite - Hypothermia. Passives on the tree might actually be more flexible. I kinda want all three of those supports. Maybe Hypothermia or Ice Bite is overkill with the Elementalist's prolif. Which would you drop for inc aoe?

I cant guess you were counting an aura socketed in a gem for DPS. I run a 22 wrath but that has nothing to do with Shapers ring and a 2nd shaper ring for the spell dmg bonus.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I cant guess you were counting an aura socketed in a gem for DPS. I run a 22 wrath but that has nothing to do with Shapers ring and a 2nd shaper ring for the spell dmg bonus.
I'm certainly not as experience with building casters. Here's my conundrum. HoT(unsupported) and HoI(3 suppports) is ~57% reservation on an Elementalist. I'm not really using that remaining mana and I don't even need mana leech because the build is flexible enough to put blood magic on its main attack skill. So, what to do with that remaining mana? A blasphemy fits in there but all the curses I simulated came out to less than 10% more damage. Plus most monsters die well outside of blasphemy range with this type of build.

So, I was trying to finagle Wrath in there somehow. Pathing to reduced mana reservation passives was 5+ points no matter what. Essence Worm was the best thing I could come up with. If there are other ways that I didn't think of, I'd love to hear them.