Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Ran Atziri's vault today for no reason other than it dropped. Dumbest thing in the world. I had a sextant I forgot about "items will/can drop as corrupted".

Three 6 links - all corrupted lol. Only 6 links I got all league that weren't a tabula. All in the span of 2 minutes.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you're thinking you screwed up there, know that items that drop corrupted have vastly higher chances of dropping with max sockets/links than normal items. They skew towards higher tier on their other affixes too.

So worst case you got 3 divines out of it and without the sextant it would have just been junk.

Borzak

Thanks, didn't think of the divines. As I said the first non tabula 6l I got this league. Divine is right at what trade macro said it's worth, what I imagine is the floor for 6l to sell at.

League been 1,000 times better for me than bestiary. Of course I didn't do much in the league, the entire dead didn't interest me. This league I give a thumbs up.

Last edited:

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of the outcomes of corruption is that it will re-roll your item into a rare with 6 mods and new sockets/links. All of these new rolls have an equal chance at success, so rolling 1 socket 1 link is as likely as getting 6 socket 6 link, and getting +1-3% increased physical damage is as likely as getting +161-179% increased physical damage.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm done this league, probably in general for awhile. I am too old I think, and the game is just too hard for me lol. Invested in two t16 maps for almost 100 chisels and the final boss one shot me on both despite having no hard mods at all (no reflect, no extra damage, no resistance dropping, etc), there was frankly nothing at all i could do, port in and dead, before I could even hit my double strike guys. Shit like that I just can't hang with, so I guess I suck at the game.

Thanks Kim for all the help this league, though, see ya next one.

Edit: I might pop on when my friend comes for a lan party, and probably for dailies just to get level 8 on them finally but really, that's about it for me.
First time trying these bosses? I would suggest a non melee character and/or one that is not completely dependent on dps to sustain. Those two issues will severely hamper your ability to get better at the fight.

A trap build made a world of difference for me. Which guardians did you have trouble with?

Borzak

Mental math today. I shouldn't have. At one point I needed to sell 5 exalts for C. If I had sold all 5 for the 183C which I sold one for I would have gotten 915c. If I sold them today for 75C I would 375C. Kind of puts it into perspective when you aren't using exalts to craft with.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
James James You still playing WoW?

Is this game worth playing? Installed and played a couple levels and almost fell asleep. I assume it gets fun at some point, but I guess there is some rule leveling must always start out boring. Any advice on a build that a noob would find fun? What can I do to get into this without spending my waking time reading instead of playing?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah, quit WoW back in 2014, it was such an awful game and I've got like 0 hope the devs ever pulled their heads out of their ass. Did they ever get rid of badges, @Furor_Planedefiler?

PoE is incredible, there's a lot to research and understand and the best way to get into it is to play until you beat it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meanwhile in standard

eacnyKDZVcQkA_6BbjobDHw8Ow-ybI7E4oy-oEjukDU.jpg

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
First time trying these bosses? I would suggest a non melee character and/or one that is not completely dependent on dps to sustain. Those two issues will severely hamper your ability to get better at the fight.

A trap build made a world of difference for me. Which guardians did you have trouble with?

Yeah, I mean, I could run a trap build I guess, this league has made me rich as fuck, its just agitating as hell to have to deal with this shit, every time I hit level 91, its endless death, and every time I try to push onto the newer stuff, its constantly one shot. The issue I having was the lair of phoenix, and uhh lava something. The shit dropping from the sky touches me its instant death, and the AE range on the phoenix guy is insane even with leap slam I notice the guy start to do his animation and GTFO he still blasts me from across the room also leaving to instant death.

I'm exceptionally bitter for sure that I ate 100 chisels on those two maps, and ended up getting cheesed to fuck at the end. I'm okay with failing maps, but the whole one shotting you so fast I cant even get my double strike guys to spawn is fucking ridiculous. I hate that shit in games, and I'm not bitching - I just think its truly just me getting old and my tolerance level for such things is less and less.

On a side note, lair of the hydra was insanely easy in comparison.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate that shit in games, and I'm not bitching - I just think its truly just me getting old and my tolerance level for such things is less and less.

Seriously, play Hardcore then. Give it a shot, I played Softcore for years before giving it a chance, it's a much nicer experience. The game is designed around it.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I mean, I could run a trap build I guess, this league has made me rich as fuck, its just agitating as hell to have to deal with this shit, every time I hit level 91, its endless death, and every time I try to push onto the newer stuff, its constantly one shot. The issue I having was the lair of phoenix, and uhh lava something. The shit dropping from the sky touches me its instant death, and the AE range on the phoenix guy is insane even with leap slam I notice the guy start to do his animation and GTFO he still blasts me from across the room also leaving to instant death.

I'm exceptionally bitter for sure that I ate 100 chisels on those two maps, and ended up getting cheesed to fuck at the end. I'm okay with failing maps, but the whole one shotting you so fast I cant even get my double strike guys to spawn is fucking ridiculous. I hate that shit in games, and I'm not bitching - I just think its truly just me getting old and my tolerance level for such things is less and less.

On a side note, lair of the hydra was insanely easy in comparison.

Pattern recognition is pretty important. But so is timing. With the phoenix you kind of need both. There's only two things you have to dodge, and adds you kinda have to manage. You're probably trying to tank his forward walking spinning combo thing. I am having a hard time believe that you are dying before you get the chance to pop your clones though. Feel free to come on and I'll help you get through it.

Borzak

I think PoE wants me to run the Hydra map. Three temples in a row got Hydra map, one of them twice.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Pattern recognition is pretty important. But so is timing. With the phoenix you kind of need both. There's only two things you have to dodge, and adds you kinda have to manage. You're probably trying to tank his forward walking spinning combo thing. I am having a hard time believe that you are dying before you get the chance to pop your clones though. Feel free to come on and I'll help you get through it.

The thing where he explodes is what got me every time, even when I was far away from him. You can def tell well beforehand that he's going to do that, so I feel like I have plenty of time to get away from it, but even though I see it and bail out, he still killed me. As I said, I probably just suck at noticing the exact start, and don't have a billion chisels to keep trying over and over, nor do I have t14/t15 maps to run 300 times to get 2 t16 maps.

It was the other boss that would kill me before I could do shit. I don't know what it was, but it was something that fell from the sky.