Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
The thing where he explodes is what got me every time, even when I was far away from him. You can def tell well beforehand that he's going to do that, so I feel like I have plenty of time to get away from it, but even though I see it and bail out, he still killed me. As I said, I probably just suck at noticing the exact start, and don't have a billion chisels to keep trying over and over, nor do I have t14/t15 maps to run 300 times to get 2 t16 maps.

It was the other boss that would kill me before I could do shit. I don't know what it was, but it was something that fell from the sky.

For phoenix you may have had increased area as a mod, and that significantly increases how big his explosions are. And the people you got one shot by sounds like minotaur. There's an overhead slam that's not too bad especially as a juggernaut. I'm guessing you are getting hit by his burrow attack, which he will do to anyone that's out of range of him periodically, so the goal is to be in his face asap. His burrow attack always goes to where his target *was* as he went into the ground. Another one of those "don't be where you were when he starts this attack" move. \

It's not, got all 4 guardians done and credited, and vaal temple map. Just an odd coincidence I guess.

I seem to have similar luck to you. Currently have 4 t16s, and they are all hydras :p

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Done with league finally, i can throw you guys some T16s but they are UGS. I have a ton of red and yellow maps if anyone is hurting just let me know.

1531531704603.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
That didn't last long. I just hate this great fucking game too much.

But, I'll be honest, I get much more enjoyment just clearing T10-T13 maps rather than pushing these hard fights, so I'm just gonna do what I can do and not worry about T16 until I have a few copies and learn the fights. I still think it's pretty ridiculous how easily I was getting buttraped in there, but it very well might have been the larger AE on the phoenix, and something else on the minotaur -- but I did not know either fight. I had done hydra first, and it was really really easy so I just assumed the rest would be.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That didn't last long. I just hate this great fucking game too much.

But, I'll be honest, I get much more enjoyment just clearing T10-T13 maps rather than pushing these hard fights, so I'm just gonna do what I can do and not worry about T16 until I have a few copies and learn the fights. I still think it's pretty ridiculous how easily I was getting buttraped in there, but it very well might have been the larger AE on the phoenix, and something else on the minotaur -- but I did not know either fight. I had done hydra first, and it was really really easy so I just assumed the rest would be.
What are your stats like?

Both mino and phoenix one shot me on my necro, but I kinda have no defenses so expected that really. A melee char should have some sort of mitigation so they don't get one shot. End charges for example kinda trivialize minotaur since all his dmg is phys, so you get massive reduction and if you immortal call you literally take no damage. Just have to dodge that first "slam" where he goes underground, he generally opens the fight with that since you run in and you're out of melee range, but as long as you keep running he'll pop behind you and miss you, then you can engage in melee and shouldn't have to move(his actual slam is surprisingly weak and can be tanked).

Phoenix is too much of a mess on the screen for me to tell what's going on, so I kinda just ran in circles hoping to avoid stuff.

Hydra and Chimera are the easiest imo. Hydra has very easy tells on stuff but still requires a fair amount of dodging, while Chimera is honestly garbage, as long as you run in the smoke(which I didn't do the first time and that got me killed).

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My friend runs 75% dodge/spell dodge ele hit build that can do Elder Uber pretty easily and he was getting destroyed by 100% aoe phoenix fights. I guarantee that's what was killing you. It took me years to push content as a casual. This is the first league I've really pushed myself to do it. If you don't get it this league and you aren't having fun that's fine. Quit and take a break. But I highly suggest coming back in a future league and trying it again.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah was first league I did the endgame too. I've been playing since Beta(well mostly since release, I only played beta for a short period of time since you had to buy keys and I didn't want to spend money, I played beta on a friend's account for a bit before open beta or release whichever). Did every big boss fight besides Uber Atziri, couldn't be bothered after I did uber elder but doubt it'd be that hard, main difficulty is the trio.

Haven't really seen that phoenix explosion thing though, but I wasn't paying too much attention to stuff. There were adds and spinning flames shit everywhere, and mostly what killed me were his whirlwinds since they seemed pretty instant and did really high damage(only 76% fire though, don't use loreweave or whatever), I think I died twice in the 2 kills I did(one for shaper spawn, one for uber elder spawn). I guess chain chugging a ruby flask would help though, maybe even 2 of them so you don't waste portals.

Hope they rework some more summoner stuff next league, since they said they were gonna rework more stuff. SRS rework so it doesn't suck dicks would be neat, AW/Dom blow would be great although I don't see them wasting time on these. I was really happy this league with all the skeletons work they've been doing over time.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doesn't matter how much I play this game, I think I've reached the peak of my skills with it. I still suck hard.

And I keep coming back, it's so addictive. I started league with an Infernal Blow build, then went to Demigodking's Lacerate build which got me to 70 in record time. Then tried a Hierophant Poet's Pen which is super fast but not to my prefered style of play.

This was a way better league for me than Bestiary.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
What are your stats like?

Both mino and phoenix one shot me on my necro, but I kinda have no defenses so expected that really. A melee char should have some sort of mitigation so they don't get one shot. End charges for example kinda trivialize minotaur since all his dmg is phys, so you get massive reduction and if you immortal call you literally take no damage. Just have to dodge that first "slam" where he goes underground, he generally opens the fight with that since you run in and you're out of melee range, but as long as you keep running he'll pop behind you and miss you, then you can engage in melee and shouldn't have to move(his actual slam is surprisingly weak and can be tanked).

Phoenix is too much of a mess on the screen for me to tell what's going on, so I kinda just ran in circles hoping to avoid stuff.

Hydra and Chimera are the easiest imo. Hydra has very easy tells on stuff but still requires a fair amount of dodging, while Chimera is honestly garbage, as long as you run in the smoke(which I didn't do the first time and that got me killed).

I've not tried Chimera yet. Hydra is definitely easy, just stay to the side, and dodge the globes. Killed twice without issues. Not sure why Mino was giving me such issues though, the shit falling from above (the stone circle) would one shot me, and when watching videos of people doing the fight, it seems to hit them for about 20% or so of their life per second, which is considerably less than me.

While idle I have 14048 armour, 53% phys damage reduction, and about 400 life/second. My resists are capped and I've got like 6k life. I'll have to try the run in circles and hope to avoid stuff routine. :)

I also watched a few videos on these fights and have a few things to avoid next time. I'll give it another go, was just exceptionally bitter about it being pulling teeeth to get these damn maps to drop in the first place.

Aamry said:
Doesn't matter how much I play this game, I think I've reached the peak of my skills with it. I still suck hard.

Pretty much me. lol, mad props to the people that decimate this game, I don't know how they do it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I made an elehit build last night. It’s not quite clicking for me but I am going to power through and see what I can do with it. Only level 72 so it still needs a few more points before it fully fleshes out.

How is whispering ice this season? I seem to remember it being fun in old leagues.
Best char I ever had was whispering ice hierophant

Quad totem, CI

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alright, all of my rips this league were to corpse explosion. What's the best corpse explosion defense?

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Doing end of league things and knocked the big one off my list. First time Uber elder on IHC. It was very sloppy.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Do you have an auto logout macro based on Immortal Call and remaining life?

Nope just reflex when I see my HP getting chunked.

Also, I don't think league is close to being done. It's what? a bit more than 1 month in? I just said end of league because I'm pretty much finished with the game until next season.

Last edited: