Path of Exile

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
How are minion builds in delves? I’ve been wanting to try a Specter build but I feel like minion builds might be terrible for delving.

Looking at poe.ninja there appear to be several people with spectres at 400+ depth.

I personally went 250 with my Soulwrest necro, could probably do 300. Only real rippy content for minions in delves is the abyss cities.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are minion builds in delves? I’ve been wanting to try a Specter build but I feel like minion builds might be terrible for delving.

I'm loving it, I can fumblefuck around all day with my explosives while my thugg life beatdown crew mops up baddies like the Hell's Angels at a hippie concert. Only downside to Dominating Blow/HoP minions is the inability to control them, but the upside is they're all grade A beefcakes that don't really need to be controlled.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Core is a bastard of a map, the fights pretty simple and I know it from the earlier act but I just get the shit kicked out of me. I've died quite alot on that map and it's still uncompleted.

Also sometimes I just get one shot out the blue (not in core just randomly in different places). Is there like a combat log to work out what is killing me?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nope. Chances are you don't have enough life, enough layers of defense, or both. If you're wearing an Abyssus, you're going to die a lot unless you build around it very carefully.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been playing HC for about 3 years now, I've lost one character to desync. Shit was pretty rough before lockstep, but since lockstep it hasn't been an issue at all. Playing HC is great advice if you want to figure out how to make characters that don't die, though. The trick is to focus on making the character not die, easy peasy after that.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I've been playing HC for about 3 years now, I've lost one character to desync. Shit was pretty rough before lockstep, but since lockstep it hasn't been an issue at all. Playing HC is great advice if you want to figure out how to make characters that don't die, though. The trick is to focus on making the character not die, easy peasy after that.

Yeah I might give that a go, I kinda fancy making my own build next time. I think I'm going to be playing this for a while as it's quite enjoyable.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Path of Exile is designed to be played on Hardcore. It's a wonderful experience.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know how to calculate your total life pool when you have MoM and things that improve MoM like Cloak of Defiance?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You don't, you have to consider each layer of defense on its own. For instance, MoM tends to be weaker against strong dots because they drain your mana and leave you extremely vulnerable. You shouldn't think about defense as increasing your effective health pool, but rather as a way to mitigate or avoid specific types of damage.

EDIT: Receiving damage great article.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
You don't, you have to consider each layer of defense on its own. For instance, MoM tends to be weaker against strong dots because they drain your mana and leave you extremely vulnerable. You shouldn't think about defense as increasing your effective health pool, but rather as a way to mitigate or avoid specific types of damage.

EDIT: Receiving damage great article.

Thanks, i was looking for an article on how damage was applied and couldn't find anything useful.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Just play hardcore, you can blame your deaths on desyncs.

I'm still mad about the one character I lost a long ass time ago on hardcore when there were 0 mobs on the screen or anything. Killed a rare, went to pick up loot, instant dead from like 5800 life. Wasn't bleeding cause I didn't degen to death it was just an insta-rip. Was like 5 seconds after the mobs were all dead, too.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I had a 6 link tinkerskin and a level 4 empower gem, drop two nodes from each other feels good.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
So just read about the fossil respawn thing. If you do a delve route and leave walls unbroken, it'll respawn side areas everytime you reset the zone. So find a good long magma fissure or frozen biome and GG. Seems stupid they have it so only breaking fractured walls saves the delve, but whatever. Just means higher availability of crafted items now. The real money will be in people farming high ilvl shaper/elder bases.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So I ended up watching some mathil charged dash videos from last league and now I kinda want to come back to play one. Any ideas what a Covenant with 50% reduced crit strike damage might be worth (4b1g1r, mine colors)? I could use it for the build but it would end up quite a bit worse than if I use a different chest with better colors (and would cost way too much to vorici 8 it to 3r2b1g unless I got insanely lucky and got it first try with vorici 3r craft (and that's still 120 vaals...). I could also sell my biscos with it in hopes of getting the 5+ ex for a carcass jack or loreweave.

Last edited:

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I guess the Uber Lab was so good, before today's reset, that the LW duration idigons crashed from 20ex to 5ex; I'm pretty happy, that's the cheapest I've picked one up for in a league.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ripped on a T15 map with no damage mods on it. I think it was something from the Elder. At any rate, I took the same gear and ran Pit of the Chimera on Standard and it was extremely easy, I highly recommend the build. RIP JamesVZGuardian View Profile - Path of Exile - JamesVZ

Bonus screenshot

20180930201010_1.jpg

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
g8s978rby7501.png

This is the layout I was trying to get, every time i'd get close to this (but include waste pool or orchard and minus one of the red maps) it would either collapse or running the shaper influence map would jsut remove shaper influence and do nothing. Then I tried going up and left from hydra into underground river/geode/etc tonight and hope rng would put him on reds and it also collapsed any time I got close to enough amps for him to pop.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
That's a perfect setup and taking Waste pool, because it's contesting your major junction point, should have popped him as your 20th map. Either the RNG hates you or something is messed up for you. Granted shaping pool/bog will make sure no yellows are in the available pool to screw the trigger.

--

I have a couple questions for maximizing my currency gains from maps:
Anyone well versed what sextants are the best to roll? I've just been rolling for addition monsters is that it?
Are prophecies really worth it, Rats/tempest, even with having to seal/add until the hidden map trigger included UGS?
I'm currently rolling maps just 85+ iiq, adding 3 frags, and using 3 sextants--I'm selling off my red sextants instead of using the 4th on UGS-- using beyond on every map, and doing the elder/shaper ping pong. Is there anything I'm missing or should be doing differently?

Last edited: