Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
You guys were right I just needed better gear and more HP, although that core maps a royal pain and was by far the hardest i've encountered so far . I'm also interested in the above question as I'm now into 14/15 and want to maximise my maps from this point on. I have never used a sextant in my life and have been using alchs on my maps, 140/159 but need most of the unique maps still. Some are just way out of my price range. Bear in mind i'm fairly new so don't have bundles of currency/maps to play around with and my masters and stuff are not levelled completely up yet etc - don't know if they stay levelled for new leagues or if i'm just really slow at levelling them.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My setup is usually T13's get two chisels, T14's get three, T15+ gets 4. I might change that based on how well I can sustain chisels vs how much I feel like buying chisels. Alch, check for reflect, and then vaal all red maps. I might change the vaal part after I finish the 30 8-mod challenge, but depends on how well vaal orbs are sustained too. Given how shitty boss encounter rate has been in delve, I might just go for the 300 map challenge...ugh.

Probably going to finish out the league on a Nebuloch Molten Strike Jugg. I had been using Consecrated Path but the single target was starting to feel lacking. And there's definitely some targeting/accuracy issues with the ability. I was planning on Indigon, but a leech-only character is not well suited for delves. Hopefully next league.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I only chisel t14+ and I always max chisel--I did forget to mention that. If my sextants roll one or two of the additional rare monsters I run the nemesis mod maps that have rolled up--I'm not sure if this is effective. I do keep breaches and abyss sextants when they come up. I reroll slipstreams, curse mod, additional heal + instant flask (messes with my ZLB and Distillate), IIQ to Unidentified (i'm not vaaling atm).

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
My setup is usually T13's get two chisels, T14's get three, T15+ gets 4. I might change that based on how well I can sustain chisels vs how much I feel like buying chisels. Alch, check for reflect, and then vaal all red maps. I might change the vaal part after I finish the 30 8-mod challenge, but depends on how well vaal orbs are sustained too. Given how shitty boss encounter rate has been in delve, I might just go for the 300 map challenge...ugh.

Probably going to finish out the league on a Nebuloch Molten Strike Jugg. I had been using Consecrated Path but the single target was starting to feel lacking. And there's definitely some targeting/accuracy issues with the ability. I was planning on Indigon, but a leech-only character is not well suited for delves. Hopefully next league.

Here's my resists at 100 in Delve, I thought youd like them

1538409110609.png

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Korrupt Korrupt

Since you seem to be the resident knowledgeable try hard, how do you roll your maps for max currency returns? Solo play, I'm doing min of 85% map iiq, 3 frags, 3 sextants, full chisels, ping-ponging influence, Zana beyond, and mess with rats and tempest prophecies running UGS.

Are there specific map mod + sextant interactions you do in particular (e.g. nemesis map mod + additional rare sextant modifiers).

Would rolling a second account to sit at the zone in when mapping for the 50% iiq bonus work? Or do they have to be within some minimum distance?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aren't you usually grouped?

Never, unless its early and we dont have map pools yet.

Korrupt Korrupt

Since you seem to be the resident knowledgeable try hard, how do you roll your maps for max currency returns? Solo play, I'm doing min of 85% map iiq, 3 frags, 3 sextants, full chisels, ping-ponging influence, Zana beyond, and mess with rats and tempest prophecies running UGS.

Are there specific map mod + sextant interactions you do in particular (e.g. nemesis map mod + additional rare sextant modifiers).

Would rolling a second account to sit at the zone in when mapping for the 50% iiq bonus work? Or do they have to be within some minimum distance?

For sextants at 99 I specifically roll all to be the ones that add X type of mob or youd want to KYS at how long the level takes without those mobs. I also skip all league shit at 99 like Mines, they are a huge XP loss unless you need the maps. I did the same in incursion, skipped temples the last level.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Never, unless its early and we dont have map pools yet.

For sextants at 99 I specifically roll all to be the ones that add X type of mob or youd want to KYS at how long the level takes without those mobs. I also skip all league shit at 99 like Mines, they are a huge XP loss unless you need the maps. I did the same in incursion, skipped temples the last level.
Link your profile so I can see what was so important to ignore most your loreweave.

Xevy

Log Wizard
He probably just does full retard DPS and hopes he never gets hit. That's pretty much what people do with higher gear levels. If you're running around with 3m DPS immortal call should save you most of the time you manage to get hit.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pushing to 100 I find it far better to wear a Kaoms and slow down some over QoTF where lag or any mistake kills me. One death at 98 or 99 is like wasting an entire day of XPing and thousands of chaos in maps / chisels / frags / zana mods so taking it slower works for me.

We play completely different games which might not work for what you're doing for your playstyle or goals though. My goal was to boss kill for my crew, get a Champion to 100, and hit 40/40 for the totem same as every league.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Did you always delve downwards, or use a lot of sulphite for horizontal exploration? If you are way past lvl90 and always went down you should be deeper than you are.

Straight down as much as I could.

Took a break for Battlerite Royale (recommend!) but I'll be back.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's this, an MTX for the build I'm playing right now?

Took them fucking long enough. But, uh...looks kinda drab. More like Muddy Strike. The blue part of the stygian effect does not pop nearly enough.

Also, I couldn't come up with an outfit that would match. Try as hard as I could, blue black and gold(sin and innocence) just didn't mix well.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
New MTX? Nerfs inc!
I sure hope not :( Sunder and KB nerfs came out of nowhere though.

Molten Strike has been a good fallback after trying out the new shit for the league. Why play with skill when you can brute force with dps? It's got great single target and respectable clear speed, a nice convenient package. I'm not a fan of separate skills for clear and single target unless you can do it with weapon swaps.

Not sure what I'm going to use as fallback if they nerf molten strike. Might have to be indigon arc/lw + volatile dead/unearth if I can ever figure out the 4 APS limit on PP.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
First time ever I'm leveling a PP build (VD/Unearth). Little confused on the playstyle though, like it seems to port me all over the place. What's the jist on the control? Sorry for dumb question. hah

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
VD/unearth is scrub tier leveling, go with arc/lw and some prolif.

There isn't complete control, gotta spam to maximize dps, so if you have a movement skill socketed, you'll be casting that along with your dps skill.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Bodyswap will at times pick a random corpse if your unearth hit an obstacle. LW/Arc+vd is the way to go for all but bossing. LW Indigons were cheap this weekend, pick one up and the mapping is almost as fast as a QOTF build w/o HH.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Finally managed to get a red elder and guardians to spawn (had a weird influence zone between top left/top middle, half yellow half red or so). Guardians weren't too bad, died a couple times to eradicator but failed both attempts at elder. Charged dash guy is only lvl 84 tho and gems are only like level 18 and no quality. Most of my deaths were to the retarded tentacle chases as i'd be running and just randomly get smacked by them (no QS flask). Not really sure why maybe it was lag or something since sometimes I could run from them all and other times i'd get hit twice in a row and die.

Got to the end on first attempt but shaper died on 4th portal phase and then I couldn't finish elder before I ran out of portals, 2nd attempt I kept inc aoe instead of conc to try helping with the portal phases but the dps wasn't enough to even get to shaper phase before I ran out of portals.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can someone explain Fragmented Walls? I haven't found a single goddamn one. Am I not moving horizontally enough? On my map, I have a currency node that I've explored all around and can't find a wall to blow up.