Path of Exile

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's an especially important skill to master if you have setup abilities like Frost Bomb, Orb of Storms, Ancestral Warchief, etc, but trap/mine style play is huge on should I throw this now or later. Resource constraints tend to be built around, there's just a ton of options so unless you built horribly incorrectly actually managing your resources is easy, which is fine.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I hope their expansion is so big and awesome that it will light a fire under Blizzard's ass so they will finally decide to make Diablo great again.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Probably easier for you to accept that D4 isn't being made and move on to better ARPGs that already exist. They've pretty much told you that they aren't going to commit to making D4 via BlizzCon and the continued PR bumbling afterwards.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizzard is systemically incapable of producing great games, PoE 4.0 will be miles better than D4.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I don't know about either of those. What I would say is, given D3, and... Immortal. no one in management understands what makes a good ARPG. D3 had massive, MASSIVE design flaws, right from the get go.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Inb4 they manage to convince themselves to make Diablo 4 De-Emphasize Loot.

"Judging by how high Paragon Level many of our players reached, we believe grinding Paragon levels to be the more engaging gameplay element."

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know about either of those. What I would say is, given D3, and... Immortal. no one in management understands what makes a good ARPG. D3 had massive, MASSIVE design flaws, right from the get go.
Not sure if you're responding to me. If so...why haven't they said they are working on D4? That's it, they can still have their flashy "surprise" reveal later and people will be just as excited as long as it's good(which is a requirement regardless if they tell us now or not). There is nothing for them to lose right now by telling us they are working on D4 *except* that it commits them to working on D4. That would be my guess, they're still not sure they want to make D4 even after all this blowback. Which pretty much means they aren't going to short of some of their other plans completely failing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I dunno. I thought Legion was fantastic with Mythic +. Diablo 3 was fine as a my first ARPG. Had some great fun with them as pick up and play when I had less time.

D4 ain’t happening though. Blizzard is all about dem mobile bucks now. (And cash grab remakes...)

Goonsquad Officer
are minions any good these days? I haven't played in a while. i tend to like builds that let me move around fairly quick, and that use imprecise attacks. my last full league build (that i remember) was a witch with the ice staff raining ice on the whole area. heh. I dunno if i wanna try chain lightning build. maybe a marauder with lightning totems?

is the blink-strike attack thing any good? that seems convenient.

sorry for all the questions. wanna sort out teh build i'm aiming for.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dominating Blow Guardian is fairly cheap and will take you a long ways if you're looking at minions, but it's far from the best or only minion build. The tree I used for it: View Profile - Path of Exile - JamesVZ

Flicker Strike is one of those skills you either love or hate, you'd have to try it out to be sure. There's lots of good Flicker Strike setups though, just depends on how you want to feel it. Arc is an incredible newbie skill and will take you about as far as Dominating Blow given similar investment. I wouldn't go Chieftan totems unless you're doing physical/fire totems, for Arc totems I'd go with Heirophant.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I ended up doing dom blow with hop. It’s fun. Seems to do well. I don’t have resistance quite capped but if you keep your minion army going and dodge, it carries you far.

Game is fucking fun. Kinda want to try that consecrate jugg or a Ranger of some sort.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Consecrated Path is better unless you specifically want the JesusTakeTheWheel playstyle.

There is some "bad feels" with Consecrated Path such that game deducts the mana cost as you teleport but a non-insignificant amount of time before it lands. If you hold right click and your attack speed is slow enough, it's possible for you queue up the next attack before the previous one kills the pack. Thus, you can frequently spend time attacking empty air, which doesn't feel good. This diminishes as you ramp up attack speed.

Last edited:

Goonsquad Officer
thanks for the tip on consecrated path. it sounds better than flicker. I just liked the idea of a melee build that let me zip to enemies with minimal aiming on my part.

I was king of looking over the build forums for ideas. I cherry picked a few that seemed interesting.
Consecrated strike: Forum - Marauder - [3.4] Crit Dual-Wield CONSECRATED PATH - Chieftain - 2Mil DPS - League Starter - Path of Exile
Molten strike tank (i normally don't play toughboys and i seem to remember liking molten strike): Forum - Marauder - [3.4] Hybrid's take on Jugg Molten Strike - Hold right click to TANK anything | MELT the Atlas | - Path of Exile
Minions + yackety Sax build: Forum - Witch - (3.4) Physical skeletons + zombies. Great defence + clears. 1.4 mil shaper dps (5 link). All content - Path of Exile

Do any of those example builds seem retarded? or use gear that's crazy expensive to obtain in a new league?

Caliane

I was theorycrafting up a conc path build for next league. it is fun to use.

I find getting solid dps from it however, might be fairly expensive. It requires a GG mainhand weapon, and solid stat stick offhand. it is BUILT for that. Conc path attacks with MAIN HAND only.
I mean your first link. "league starter" gg mainhand sword, gg shaper stat stick offhand. Loreweave. 6 ridiculous crit multi/attackspeed jewels. Right... "league starter."

My version is fairly tanky as a Scion with Elementalist/champion. Free fortify and immune to ele reflect.(with 100% ele conversion)
Small army of sentinels, holy relic, and 2 golems as well..

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loreweave will be crazy expensive in a new league for sure. A good 1h for Consecrated Path will also be expensive, but that's for things like Shaper/Elder/T16s. Delve helmets with the -9 fire resist might also not be available next league, but I don't think they've shared when/how Delve will be going core. That Molten Strike build seems cheap outside of the Xoph's Blood, and if that's your only chase item on the build it's something worth aiming for.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
are minions any good these days? I haven't played in a while. i tend to like builds that let me move around fairly quick, and that use imprecise attacks. my last full league build (that i remember) was a witch with the ice staff raining ice on the whole area. heh. I dunno if i wanna try chain lightning build. maybe a marauder with lightning totems?

is the blink-strike attack thing any good? that seems convenient.

sorry for all the questions. wanna sort out teh build i'm aiming for.

Toxic Rain is one of the best starters, it's cheap and easily scales up to clear all content. That's assuming the interaction with Quill Rain isn't nerfed in 3.5.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
These bastards are masters at hyping up expansion releases. Hope the league announcement today is just as wild, few more hours to go.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My criteria for league starter has nothing to do with the end game gear in the guide, but how easy it is to get to that point. If the build functions on a budget, I don't need the guide to show me an example of that budget gear, I'll figure that out.