Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How do I join this forum guild? DogSolitude in game?

Just dicking around for right now playing with zombies and shit trying to get comfortable with things for league reset, not even following a build. Up to act 3 so far but it's taken ages. What's the best way to quicker level progression, just slam story as much as you can? I feel like the current story stuff I'm doing is super easy, but it just takes forever to run everywhere and click all the things it feels like.

Playthrough will take time until you learn the zone lay outs and shortcuts. Even though they're procedurely generated, there's usually a general location of all zone exits, way points, etc. Also, keep at least one quick silver flask on you at all times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
True, but it will only apply the damage from one weapon each swing, unless using a stat stick. Cleave will always use both weapons at 60% each for 120% per attack.

Right, and stat sticks themselves are OP right now. The fact that Cleave needs both weapon slots to deal its damage, while Reave only needs one, is a huge point in favor of Reave.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

Just dicking around for right now playing with zombies and shit trying to get comfortable with things for league reset, not even following a build. Up to act 3 so far but it's taken ages. What's the best way to quicker level progression, just slam story as much as you can? I feel like the current story stuff I'm doing is super easy, but it just takes forever to run everywhere and click all the things it feels like.

Invited to the FoH guild. Should pop up or somewhere when you press S

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
My character psixty could use ginvite

Trying out the frost blades Assassin build and really like it so far, even with shit tier claws

Invited to FoH. The guild bank is for everyone but its kinda weak this league. Take whatever you want

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Right, and stat sticks themselves are OP right now. The fact that Cleave needs both weapon slots to deal its damage, while Reave only needs one, is a huge point in favor of Reave.

I'm not arguing that cleave is better, just not as weak as some are saying. I also don't want to jump on the stat stick train because they're going to nerf it eventually I assume.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cleave is just harder to build around and typically slower is all. Alkazier takes a Cleave Gladiator to 100 like every league, it's certainly viable.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Story is kind of the training wheels, you want to finish it and progress in maps. Understanding the maps, Atlas, and learning bosses will be the next part for you around level 66-70ish.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
My first uber elder was done with dual wield ahn's might cleave jugg with a conc effect gem on. It ain't that bad. I used cleave over reave because I am too lazy to keep my reave stacks up. The feeling of losing your reave stacks cause you misclicked an item on the ground so it took you 0.5 seconds longer to pick it up and losing the vaal reave stacks you just gained annoys me to no end.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They're never going to nerf stat sticks, there's no MTX for it.

Finished trialing a Jugg that uses Gluttony and Consecrated path for 100% IC uptime. Goes crit swords instead of Nebulochs, so the dps and attack speed is quite good, which is where Nebujuggs were always lacking. Nebuloch builds will have some more ele damage reduction, but combine a jugg, loreweave, and wise oak, and you still have a great base for elemental mitigation. Maces in general kinda suck. Will post the PoB if anyone is interested. Wouldn't mind some feedback as I'm sure the self-triggering CWDT portion of the build can be utilized further, just not sure how.

Goonsquad Officer
Man I played molten strike boy for a bit in delve league...after playing aoe witches and scions for a few leagues. holding right click to melee dudes over and over got kind of old hehe. does it improve?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Deathwing Deathwing

How close is it to EE's jugg template? Jugg of all trades.

Or

(Is this the instead of? build?)

And viable as a starter?

EE is really good starting point for new players. He does a real good job of explaining builds and making them friendly and they dont suck which is good =)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Very similar to EE's Nebujugg, he helped popularize the build. That he had to switch to molten strike on uber elder I think speaks to the build's low dps ceiling. I actually played the build for a bit and was dissatisfied with the responsiveness, which is mostly due to no local attack speed and the mace wheels blow.

If you tried Nebujugg and liked it for the most part, I would suggest trying crit swords a try. The trick with Gluttony isn't required but is a good compromise to get some of the physical tankiness back since you no longer have 50k armor from the Nebulochs.

You can definitely league start this, that's my plans for Betrayal.

... ... Repetition is the name of the game. You could mix in some instant casts like Molten Shell or Phase Run?

Goonsquad Officer
yea. I'll have to tinker with it more to see if i just want to be a witch. I imagine that's the trade off for invincibility :)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
yea. I'll have to tinker with it more to see if i just want to be a witch. I imagine that's the trade off for invincibility :)

Any class can do anything in PoE which is awesome they just might not do it as well as another one. Once you get experience though youll be making your own builds just off of single items or interactions you become aware of. Last league I was a Champion (mainly melee / tank) but I leveled to max as bow user. It was fine and annihilated the entire game but would have been much smoother and easier as a Deadeye (Ranger spec) etc.