Path of Exile

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Maps are what rifts are in D3 just with much more customization and choice of what level, tileset, and monsters you want.

PoE has breakpoints just like D3 where you stop and farm before the end game in steps. In D3 you'll work to max level and then grind different things like the cube or items and sets you need and then ancients and then paragon etc.

Here's a short version of the PoE end game road map in a new league -

Level in acts 1-8 until you kill the end bosses of act 8 which are twins named Lunaris & Solaris. Once you kill them you zone into Blood Aqueducts. This is generally the first farming pause for most people. You farm this zone until 65-70 depending on what league, build, and your comfort level is.

Act 9-10 into Maps - You will keep going until Zana at the end of the story in act 10 and then get a quest to enter the laboratory and some maps to start with. You can from that point on just open a map device in your hideout permanently and then map straight from home. You can setup vendors, quest NPCs, bank, guild bank, crafting benches and etc in your housing area. Trading is done in hideouts as well, the seller generally hosts the buyer so youll see them teleport into your area to trade.

PoE end game once your mapping can be anything. There is what you can call group or solo raid type encounters which are gated behind keying or killing guardians for key pieces to access the bosses. There are way tougher than anything in Diablo so its ok to wipe and have to learn the encounters and it can be frustrating. There is also leveling to 100 which is probably the hardest thing to do in PoE because the levels scale. Leveling to 90 is about 1/5th of way to 100, level 98.5 is roughly now the 1/2 way point to 100. What that means is you have to run a lot of dangerous modded maps for maximum XP and your risk of dying shoots way up due to spending the majorty of your time in T16 maps with dangerous affixes.

Keep questions coming, dont let anyone be snobby because we all had to start from the bottom and ask a million questions to learn.

I've been scouring the web for end-game road map like this in plain speak (not fucking poe gobbledygook) and this is the best guide I've seen so far. In 3 paragraphs.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Let's go with Golemancer. Summoning cool golems right? That or melee tank.
Melee tank is going to be a lot easier to do as a new player/on a new league(not sure if you mean right now or when new league starts). Look into Juggernaut builds, especially molten strike shit, simple to build, tanky as fuck, high damage, just not very good map clearing. Not complete garbage but not one click man.

Golemancer builds rely too much on the fucking jewels, which you'll have to trade for because there's virtually no way to get them yourself unless you play another char to 90+ first, and the jewels being rare and the build being fairly strong, they're also expensive as fuck early on in the league. They drop pretty quick but that makes golemancer a pretty poor build to start a new league with. On current league it'd probably be good though cause cheap as fuck at this point. You just kinda google golemancer and you'll see the builds, there's mostly 2 main variations, Elementalist witch or Necromancer witch. Elementalist is generally better for pure golemancer, while necro is better to mix other summons in, like spectres.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ancestral Call and butt ton of attack speed(jugg molten strike usually doesn't go crit) make map clearing quite nice actually. You have to get use to moving while your balls are still dropping, trusting that your salvo will finish off the pack. The changes they made in 3.3(projectile speed is proportional to the amount of balls on the screen) has made this much better.

Honestly, it's one of the few builds in this game that doesn't have a noticeable weakness. High sustain, high defense, high dps, and high on-demand mobility.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never any love for Crit cleave jugg - I enjoy it much more than molten strike. Cleave with the threshold jewel that gives fortify and extra aoe is very nice.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Cleave is in a bad place. Why would you use it over reave? The guaranteed fortify doesn't seem like enough compared to how much more area you can get with reave.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I died in Act 5 HC Delve with my Spectral Throw character the other day, so I started up this Molten Strike build that was linked earlier in the thread.

Act 6 now. Holy shit, does this thing ever melt. I can just facetank bosses even through all their beamattacks and skills that normally 1 shot weaker chars.

I'm in Standard Delve now, do you guys have a guild in that one?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cleave is in a bad place. Why would you use it over reave? The guaranteed fortify doesn't seem like enough compared to how much more area you can get with reave.

Not having to maintain stacks is one perk, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't reave mainhand only? Cleave lets you utilize dps of both weapons. Dual Ahns might is pretty sweet if you take advantage of both frenzy charge bonuses.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maps are what rifts are in D3 just with much more customization and choice of what level, tileset, and monsters you want.

PoE has breakpoints just like D3 where you stop and farm before the end game in steps. In D3 you'll work to max level and then grind different things like the cube or items and sets you need and then ancients and then paragon etc.

Here's a short version of the PoE end game road map in a new league -

Level in acts 1-8 until you kill the end bosses of act 8 which are twins named Lunaris & Solaris. Once you kill them you zone into Blood Aqueducts. This is generally the first farming pause for most people. You farm this zone until 65-70 depending on what league, build, and your comfort level is.

Act 9-10 into Maps - You will keep going until Zana at the end of the story in act 10 and then get a quest to enter the laboratory and some maps to start with. You can from that point on just open a map device in your hideout permanently and then map straight from home. You can setup vendors, quest NPCs, bank, guild bank, crafting benches and etc in your housing area. Trading is done in hideouts as well, the seller generally hosts the buyer so youll see them teleport into your area to trade.

PoE end game once your mapping can be anything. There is what you can call group or solo raid type encounters which are gated behind keying or killing guardians for key pieces to access the bosses. There are way tougher than anything in Diablo so its ok to wipe and have to learn the encounters and it can be frustrating. There is also leveling to 100 which is probably the hardest thing to do in PoE because the levels scale. Leveling to 90 is about 1/5th of way to 100, level 98.5 is roughly now the 1/2 way point to 100. What that means is you have to run a lot of dangerous modded maps for maximum XP and your risk of dying shoots way up due to spending the majorty of your time in T16 maps with dangerous affixes.

Keep questions coming, dont let anyone be snobby because we all had to start from the bottom and ask a million questions to learn.

Goddamn that’s a hell of a post. I’m almost willing to blow you like Lithose now. No homo.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not having to maintain stacks is one perk, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't reave mainhand only? Cleave lets you utilize dps of both weapons. Dual Ahns might is pretty sweet if you take advantage of both frenzy charge bonuses.
Reave is swords, claws, daggers, no handedness restrictions. I would say mainhand only is a straight benefit in the current game. Utilizing both weapons is only a benefit if there's a local mod you really want included on the attack. Nothing in Ahn's Might fits that situation. The -1 max frenzy charges is global.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Reave is swords, claws, daggers, no handedness restrictions. I would say mainhand only is a straight benefit in the current game. Utilizing both weapons is only a benefit if there's a local mod you really want included on the attack. Nothing in Ahn's Might fits that situation. The -1 max frenzy charges is global.

I experimented with a couple reave builds and everyone recommends having a stat stick instead of a second weapon for exactly this reason.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I hope their expansion is so big and awesome that it will light a fire under Blizzard's ass so they will finally decide to make Diablo great again.

PoE has pretty much struck Diablo dead already.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Blizzard killed Diablo, PoE has just been the well-placed beneficiary. Even a moderately well executed D3 would have kept PoE in the same popularity as Grim Dawn.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goonsquad Officer
I do think folks were inclined to lap up any diablo put infront of them on the PC. I had a friend explain to me the plotline and of D3 with Kerrigan Super Devil Girl and it sounded retarded as fuck but he and some of his friends were super jazzed about it.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didn’t mind the story per se. I think POE’s story is delivered a bit haphazardly too.

I will say that D3 just plays well if you accept it for what it is. BFA, aside even WoW post-TBC has always played well. Blizzard’s game feel has by and large been top shelf always. I have one buddy that is still extremely skeptical of PoE just because he thinks it won’t “feel” like Diablo 3.

Best analogy was us going from WoW to GW2. GW2 feels great (when I played) but it’s just missing that extra dash of smoothness I’ve only seen blizzard find. D3 and PoE are about the same.

That detracts nothing from the fact that rest of PoE’s game systems stand shoulders above d3. Inherently, it makes PoE a better game.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Cleave: When Dual Wielding, Deals 60% Damage from each Weapon combined - So 120% damage.

Reave: Using Reave while dual wielding will alternate the weapon used for attacking

Also, cleave has a 168% multiplier vs reaves 138%.

As far as Ahn's Might - If you dual wield and use pacifism jewle, you're both at 0 and max frenzy charges getting both bonuses, so you get 1000 accuracy and 100 crit multiplier.

Caliane

I didn’t mind the story per se. I think POE’s story is delivered a bit haphazardly too.

I will say that D3 just plays well if you accept it for what it is. BFA, aside even WoW post-TBC has always played well. Blizzard’s game feel has by and large been top shelf always. I have one buddy that is still extremely skeptical of PoE just because he thinks it won’t “feel” like Diablo 3.

Best analogy was us going from WoW to GW2. GW2 feels great (when I played) but it’s just missing that extra dash of smoothness I’ve only seen blizzard find. D3 and PoE are about the same.

That detracts nothing from the fact that rest of PoE’s game systems stand shoulders above d3. Inherently, it makes PoE a better game.
d3's story is fucking retarded, and actively gets in the way of the gameplay.
Poe's story is mostly atmospheric, and doesn't get in the way of the gameplay at all. much of it, can actively be ignored.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reave: Using Reave while dual wielding will alternate the weapon used for attacking

This is misleading, it will alternate the weapon if the weapon can be used by Reave. But if the other weapon is a mace or an axe, Reave will only use one weapon.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How do I join this forum guild? DogSolitude in game?

Just dicking around for right now playing with zombies and shit trying to get comfortable with things for league reset, not even following a build. Up to act 3 so far but it's taken ages. What's the best way to quicker level progression, just slam story as much as you can? I feel like the current story stuff I'm doing is super easy, but it just takes forever to run everywhere and click all the things it feels like.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is misleading, it will alternate the weapon if the weapon can be used by Reave. But if the other weapon is a mace or an axe, Reave will only use one weapon.

True, but it will only apply the damage from one weapon each swing, unless using a stat stick. Cleave will always use both weapons at 60% each for 120% per attack.