Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only art I’m super disappointed in (besides no pants on my Templar) are shields. Every single one looks like it was just dug out of a Halloween City or someone glued the handle on the back of a wooden table top or wall hanging from Kirkland’s.

PoE has amazing shield graphics and you can skin xfer anything - List of unique shields

Are there any good starters for one-click wonders or "auto" killers like RF? I enjoy using PoE as a game to put on music and "chill" with. I haven't really played since the first two weeks of Incursion, so I'm a bit behind on the meta.

Poets Pen anything is one button and hold

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
No my argument is that the builds that use stat sticks for melee skills are barely serviceable with stat sticks as it is, nerfing them isn't going to do anything other than make them suck just as much or more than those same skills/builds do with 2handers currently, depending on how hard they nerf stat sticks.

If you're already playing a build that is gimped compared to the strong builds, why does it matter if you lose a tad more damage to use the weapon you want (2h)? You're already giving up the damage/end-game viability/whatever of the strong builds to play those other skills.

Which skills even use 1h + stat stick that could also be done with a 2h? The main melee skill I know of that uses a stat stick is blade flurry and you can't do that with a 2hand and I don't even know which other skills either use main-hand only or also limit weapon type so that stat sticks can work.

Edit: To try and explain it in a different way

Skill X does 1m shaper dps with 1h+stat stick, but only 800k dps with 2h. But Skill Y is meta and does 25m dps and can facetank everything in the game. If you're already choosing to play skill X why does the fact that it has slightly more dps with a stat stick matter so much? Not to mention all the different passive paths you can take to change up builds and min-max...

You are forgetting skill Y costs 50 ex, and is probably not a melee build; skill X with a 2h and 1h+stat stick is probably around the same price nowadays, except you don't really have many options to upgrade your 2H to do more. A stat stick has many levels of price in which if you somehow found an extra 10 ex, you could get that much better of a stat stick. That option does not exist for 2h. They need to be nerfed because numerically the ceiling for 1h+stat stick is a thousand times greater than a 2h. Buying a mirror tier 2 hander vs a mirror tier 1h + stat stick is incomparable. Earthquake, Sunder, Groundslam, Double Strike, among the others would always choose the stat stick over 2h. BF/Reave are 1h only so this doesn't really apply to them. I agree that 2h and 1h+stick is comparable on a low budget, but as you get more currency and want to scale, stat sticks take off. This is universally known and agreed upon by almost everyone, devs and popular streamers included.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As long as Poet's Pen is gutted into oblivion first, they can look at stat sticks.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
CoC arc? Have a link? I've heard of/seen arc builds, but I'm not sure what CoC arc refers to.

CoC = Cast on Crit, keyword "cast" so it will cast a spell when the linked skill critical hits. IE: I cyclone across a screen and link CoC + Arc and my cyclone when it hits will auto cast Arc.

New Impale mechanic -

Impale
Shattering Steel has a chance to Impale, a new debuff that rewards repeat hits. Impaled enemies are covered in sharp metal spikes, making any hits taken more painful for the enemy. When you Impale an enemy, 10% of the unmitigated physical damage of the attack is stored, and the next 5 hits that enemy takes from any source will cause them to also take this stored damage.

You can have multiple Impale effects on an enemy, limited only by hits consuming the Impale. This gives Shattering Steel and Lancing Steel an even greater edge when they're able to hit a target multiple times.

ImpaleEffect.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I saw that new bow that does a hefty amount of extra physical damage if the target is bleeding. Hmmmm, sound familiar? So I thought it was cool that they found a way to improve bleed from its current status of shitty poison.

Then I read Impale's mechanics. Wasted opportunity.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lancing Steel's animation seems pretty baller, like a pre-nerf Blade Fury without having to channel it.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Physical has a purpose outside of being converted to elemental now!

Impale looks similar to poison to anyone else or am I just crazy?

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So this is my first character with no real forethought put in to the skill tree. I'm doing pretty fine at level 48 or so clearing acts, but I'm starting to explode a lot to rare mobs and stuff and I'm not sure where I should head to try and pick up some more defense? I basically let zombies/skeletons/spectres do all the heavy lifting and just throw ball lightning from the back, but bosses are getting rough with my ~900 life and ~300 shield.

www.poeurl.com/b8w7

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I stand corrected on shields. I thought uniques were just special Rares. The rates are eyesores.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m at 30 hours played. Act 7. Level 57. Been reading and listening to the lore a lot. Still enjoying it but man trying to get the right color sockets on a chest is driving me mad.

Was trying to play SSF on this guy. I’m about ready to see if there’s a chest for sale now!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Caeden Caeden The stat requirements on items affect the chance to get corresponding socket colors. Str = red, Dex = green, Int = blue.

ronne ronne Are you resist capped? General stat priority while leveling is resist to cap then life. Exceptions being movement speed on boots, damage on weapon, and a compromise in chest, gloves, or helm for your first 4L.

What bosses are killing you? Keep in mind that most boss mechanics can be dodged with standard circle strafing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So this is my first character with no real forethought put in to the skill tree. I'm doing pretty fine at level 48 or so clearing acts, but I'm starting to explode a lot to rare mobs and stuff and I'm not sure where I should head to try and pick up some more defense? I basically let zombies/skeletons/spectres do all the heavy lifting and just throw ball lightning from the back, but bosses are getting rough with my ~900 life and ~300 shield.

www.poeurl.com/b8w7

900 life at level 48 is way to low, at least for a newer player. Poe site seems to be down so cant check your char, but get more %life passives and make sure every piece of gear has +life and %resists.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So that new winter orb looks kinda cool. I was thinking of doing maybe winter orb with cast on channel and glacial cascade. Or something. Didn't put in much thought past of that's nifty

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

So many builds.

Conc path scion?
Cwc charged dash+arc. cwc charged dash+winter orb. scion? elementalist? inquis?
shattering steel+deadeye?
Static strike CoC arc?

Caliane

Position seemed decent.
Elem/champion
Elementalist:
damage pen 10% of enemy elem resist- strong
cannot take elemental reflected damage.-very strong/easy mode
40% inc effect of heralds-eh.
shocks from hits always inc damage by at least 10%-very strong.
can summon 1 add golem-fun. small army of golems/holy relic/sentinals will be funny.(planning spiritual aide/command for this.)
Champion:
10% chance of fortify on hit-free fortity very nice.
enemies you taunt take 10% increased damage. very nice.,
25% chance to taunt on hit
your hits permanently intimidate enemies that are on full life. very nice.
8% move speed. eh.

Path of the duelist will only save like 2 points.