a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Get your nominations in.

nominations.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I just finished up the act 10 boss finally at level 75. Where does one go from here? I know I have one more of the trial labyrinth things to do, but it's been wrecking me pretty bad so far.

I've got access to the map device now it looks like, do I just start slamming the basic white tier 1 maps I have?

My skill build is probably trash at this point so I've no idea how far I can actually go with it, but might as well get as far as I can before league reset.

There any specific gear items I can grab to replace some of this shit? I don't even know all what items exist really.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Buff_Drinklots

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, just start chain running maps. Your spec/skills are all over the place, I'm assuming you're going for a generic summoner build? There's plenty you can check out on reddit/poe that will help you out.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I just kind of did my own thing so I didn't follow any guides. I figured since league is ending I'll just get as far as I can before the wipe and not worry about it too much. I've spent a few respec points here and there fixing a couple things, but mostly just winging it. Currently my damage seems fine, just trying to scrape as much extra HP as I can right now.

I've got about 35 chaos orbs saved up trying to find gear upgrades, should I just buy that tabula rasa thing for a 6 link? Or can you get yellow 6 links for reasonable prices?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm in the forum guild yea, I already raided a couple items out of the guild stash so hope no one misses them. That unique flask that has +40% damage has been a life saver.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
6links are dirt cheap now, even early in leagues. The only reason I could ever see to buy a tabula (or use one you find) is either if you hit +1 gems implicit or you want the flexibility to level new chars with it from lvl 1 and/or to swap gem colors without requiring multiple chests. Otherwise, even a week into a league, you can get corrupted 6link rares with decent life rolls and resists for like 10-30c and just search the trade sites for the colors you need.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yea I just kind of did my own thing so I didn't follow any guides. I figured since league is ending I'll just get as far as I can before the wipe and not worry about it too much. I've spent a few respec points here and there fixing a couple things, but mostly just winging it. Currently my damage seems fine, just trying to scrape as much extra HP as I can right now.

I've got about 35 chaos orbs saved up trying to find gear upgrades, should I just buy that tabula rasa thing for a 6 link? Or can you get yellow 6 links for reasonable prices?
One issue you have in general with the build is way too many points/items/skills that are caster oriented, when apparently you're making a minion build. Spell damage and such don't do anything for minions, and totems aren't minions(they're totems, their own category, and use your own stats for casting spells).

Build wise it's fairly ok in terms of where you went for a minion build, but the whole start is super fucked, not sure what you went with there. You can connect from Lord of the Dead to the life node Life Preparation to the top for only 10int, but you went all the way around for 40int instead. You also have all the spell damage nodes on the left side, when really you should take the right side for ES or more minion stats, I used to level via the left side but nowadays you can level minions from basically lvl 1 so I go straight to the right and spare myself the respecs. Finally while you took all the minion wheels, generally you can prune a bunch of those and only take the essential stuff. So instead of the whole wheel, you'd usually aim for only one side of the wheel and leave the rest to get life nodes and shit.

For gear, your weapon is garbage for a summoner build, throw 1c for an Aurumvorax if you need some resists, maybe an Advancing Fortress if you want to switch to Whirling Blades instead of Fire Dash but that's kinda meh nowadays or a Brightbeak with Leap Slam(that's still a thing I think?). Otherwise a rare with some resists, maybe minion damage if you're on Delve. I'd say you generally have too many uniques too, I'd cut the belt or gloves or helm(boots are too good to pass up) and get a rare with very high life. The helm you can probably find a +2minion 90+life with 1 resist helm for a low price, more resist would become pricier though.

Skill wise, if you're using zombies as a main source of damage, you want them with +level or in a 6L(tabula being the cheap one). You also want Minion damage linked to any minion your use for damage, it's the single best damage support for a minion. Spectres on the other hand don't care too much about +skill.

As I mentionned, the totem doesn't really do anything, you don't have nearly enough spell damage for it to matter, and you could just use a generic totem to save gem slots anyway, like flame totem or whatever. It'd still suck though. If you want a useful minion totem, summon skeleton+totem+faster casting is much better, constantly summon bunch of skeletons that distract shit. That or a decoy totem.

Same for Ball Lightning, the main reason to use Ball Lightning in a summoner build is procing curses and EE. You don't have EE(elemental equilibrium on the tree, just under the left side of witch) though and you have curses on hit gloves. You should really just raw cast ball lightning, or use a faster casting only. Don't need a spell echo and the damage you do with it is probably not worth it. Alternatively drop Ball Lightning entirely, change the gloves and just use the curse directly.

You have Cold to Fire linked to nothing also, supports only work on the specific skill they're linked to, and you have no cold skill linked to it. You have an Herald which is also doing very little since your personal damage should be negligible at this point and you don't crit enough to reliably get it proced. Not that you'd want to, other than clearing crates and jars.

With all the free sockets you'd now have, use some auras. Purity of Elements is great to fix any elemental resist issues and will also make your summons much tankier against most forms of damage that kill them. Generosity+Hatred is a solid combo to increase the damage of physical minions like zombies by a lot. Other stuff would be Flesh Offering too, with Desecrate to generate corpses so you can resummon when you want. Also lets you "select" your spectres, very good so you can use specific supports that work on a specific strong spectre type(generally speaking, Solar Guards).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
One issue you have in general with the build is way too many points/items/skills that are caster oriented, when apparently you're making a minion build. Spell damage and such don't do anything for minions, and totems aren't minions(they're totems, their own category, and use your own stats for casting spells).

Build wise it's fairly ok in terms of where you went for a minion build, but the whole start is super fucked, not sure what you went with there. You can connect from Lord of the Dead to the life node Life Preparation to the top for only 10int, but you went all the way around for 40int instead. You also have all the spell damage nodes on the left side, when really you should take the right side for ES or more minion stats, I used to level via the left side but nowadays you can level minions from basically lvl 1 so I go straight to the right and spare myself the respecs. Finally while you took all the minion wheels, generally you can prune a bunch of those and only take the essential stuff. So instead of the whole wheel, you'd usually aim for only one side of the wheel and leave the rest to get life nodes and shit.

For gear, your weapon is garbage for a summoner build, throw 1c for an Aurumvorax if you need some resists, maybe an Advancing Fortress if you want to switch to Whirling Blades instead of Fire Dash but that's kinda meh nowadays or a Brightbeak with Leap Slam(that's still a thing I think?). Otherwise a rare with some resists, maybe minion damage if you're on Delve. I'd say you generally have too many uniques too, I'd cut the belt or gloves or helm(boots are too good to pass up) and get a rare with very high life. The helm you can probably find a +2minion 90+life with 1 resist helm for a low price, more resist would become pricier though.

Skill wise, if you're using zombies as a main source of damage, you want them with +level or in a 6L(tabula being the cheap one). You also want Minion damage linked to any minion your use for damage, it's the single best damage support for a minion. Spectres on the other hand don't care too much about +skill.

As I mentionned, the totem doesn't really do anything, you don't have nearly enough spell damage for it to matter, and you could just use a generic totem to save gem slots anyway, like flame totem or whatever. It'd still suck though. If you want a useful minion totem, summon skeleton+totem+faster casting is much better, constantly summon bunch of skeletons that distract shit. That or a decoy totem.

Same for Ball Lightning, the main reason to use Ball Lightning in a summoner build is procing curses and EE. You don't have EE(elemental equilibrium on the tree, just under the left side of witch) though and you have curses on hit gloves. You should really just raw cast ball lightning, or use a faster casting only. Don't need a spell echo and the damage you do with it is probably not worth it. Alternatively drop Ball Lightning entirely, change the gloves and just use the curse directly.

You have Cold to Fire linked to nothing also, supports only work on the specific skill they're linked to, and you have no cold skill linked to it. You have an Herald which is also doing very little since your personal damage should be negligible at this point and you don't crit enough to reliably get it proced. Not that you'd want to, other than clearing crates and jars.

With all the free sockets you'd now have, use some auras. Purity of Elements is great to fix any elemental resist issues and will also make your summons much tankier against most forms of damage that kill them. Generosity+Hatred is a solid combo to increase the damage of physical minions like zombies by a lot. Other stuff would be Flesh Offering too, with Desecrate to generate corpses so you can resummon when you want. Also lets you "select" your spectres, very good so you can use specific supports that work on a specific strong spectre type(generally speaking, Solar Guards).

Yea the build is a real mess - part of it is left over from being completely new and using fireball and shit for the first 20 levels before I really went heavy in to minions. I'm saving up some regret orbs currently so I can get like ~30 refunds to fix a bunch of the early trash and ditch all the elemental/spell damage nodes.

Arc totem/ball lightning were "fine" damage doing the main story stuff, but they really leave a lot to be desired even in trying these tier 1 maps.

Been relying almost exclusively on the gloves to mass apply the chains curse, but they do need to go. Once I clean up the skill tree a bunch I'll probably give up on the actual damage skills entirely and just spam cast skeletons/curses. Is there any way to make skeletons permanent, or am I just always gonna have to be spam casting that thing?

Right now priority number one is getting more life/energy shield/resists - I can't beat the boss of the level 3 ascendancy trial right now cause almost everything he does is oneshotting me. I think I'm gonna probably have to ditch almost all the lower level uniques for more generic hp/resists on rares etc.

Not all the skill gems I have right now are even in use honestly, some are just crap I have slotted to farm xp on cause I couldn't find anything better to use at the time. Can I use multiple minion damage support gems to support different skills, like on in helm for zombies, one in chest for skeletons?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Skeletons aren't really worth it unless you do something wacky like the skelemage army. I would focus on either spectres or zombies. And dump all energy shield and go full life, hybrid life/es doesn't work often either.

Caliane

Yea the build is a real mess - part of it is left over from being completely new and using fireball and shit for the first 20 levels before I really went heavy in to minions. I'm saving up some regret orbs currently so I can get like ~30 refunds to fix a bunch of the early trash and ditch all the elemental/spell damage nodes.

Arc totem/ball lightning were "fine" damage doing the main story stuff, but they really leave a lot to be desired even in trying these tier 1 maps.

Been relying almost exclusively on the gloves to mass apply the chains curse, but they do need to go. Once I clean up the skill tree a bunch I'll probably give up on the actual damage skills entirely and just spam cast skeletons/curses. Is there any way to make skeletons permanent, or am I just always gonna have to be spam casting that thing?

Right now priority number one is getting more life/energy shield/resists - I can't beat the boss of the level 3 ascendancy trial right now cause almost everything he does is oneshotting me. I think I'm gonna probably have to ditch almost all the lower level uniques for more generic hp/resists on rares etc.

Not all the skill gems I have right now are even in use honestly, some are just crap I have slotted to farm xp on cause I couldn't find anything better to use at the time. Can I use multiple minion damage support gems to support different skills, like on in helm for zombies, one in chest for skeletons?

zombies are great for all summon builds as meat shields. Pick specters or skels as primary dps.
Boots are bis in a spectre build. if you go skel, they are not. helm is solid, great for your zombies to 4l.

you can spell totem the skels. won't persist, but will spam them for you.

When it comes to spectres. there are some that are massively better then the rest. some npcs will melee and ranged attack, or melee and cast spells, or do random dumb shit. theres a few that are aggressive, and very specific about their attack patterns, which allow you to support them easier. solar guards very notably.

Desecrate spell will spawn bodies base on the zone its cast in. if an npc can spawn in a zone, spamming desecrate will cycle through till that body shows up. also, if YOU bring that npc type into a zone, via raise spectre, that type will be added to the zones list. So, when one dies, you do not have to go back to the zone you found it. Also, they are based on the monster level of the zone they are attained. Meaning. get solar gaurds from solaris temple level 61. your raise spectres are level 61. Take them into a level 69-84 map. spam desecrate to get solar guard bodies to appear. Raise THOSE spectres. now you have appropriate level spectres.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Skeletons can be made to last a long time, but they're designed as spam cast summons, they move slow as shit and they don't actually teleport to you when you run too far. Skeleton gameplay is like SRS, Animated Weapon(the self cast version), Mirror Images and so on, it's meant to be recast constantly to keep up. If you want the passive summoner stuff, you want to focus on spectres, golems and zombies. Those are entirely passive, but golems need the right jewels to use properly and arguably elementalist is better for a golem build, and spectres are leaps beyong zombies in terms of power, so that'd probably what you want.

You can use minion damage multiple times for different skills, just not multiple times on the same skill. For example when I did my skele build I had one on 6L skele and one on 4L spectres.

For farming xp on shit, use your second weapon slots. Press X I think by default or the I/II on top of your weapons in your inventory, you have a swap, equip some random shit in there and drop gems you want to level in there, they gain xp even when you're not using the weapons. That gives you 6slots to level shit.

Skeletons aren't really worth it unless you do something wacky like the skelemage army. I would focus on either spectres or zombies. And dump all energy shield and go full life, hybrid life/es doesn't work often either.
Skeletons are top tier in terms of summon. And not skelemage either, melee skeletons is where it's at. They're crazy boss killers and ok map clearing(not fast but they'll kill everything where you click after a small delay). They're much better than zombies at least, spectre and golem still way better for clearspeed though.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yeah or places like this forum but I doubt we have the numbers that would care for some of those more masochistic mods.

If they made it where you could make things easier but it’s locked dead in that league it might be a different story. Not easier as in power but loot acquisition maybe.

Utnayan Utnayan
Ps4 version comes out next month...