Path of Exile

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like up to act 4 i was pretty much 1 shotting everything but im quite undergeared now. do you use the normal lab to farm/grind?

Normal/Cruel/Merciless labs are horrible for generating currency. No matter what you have, you shouldn't be too undergeared in A4, and if you are I'm sure there are several 1alch/1chaos items you can afford on PoE Goods to push you over the hump.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
cool i'll go back and do the two im missing in A3 to unlock it after work. I feel like up to act 4 i was pretty much 1 shotting everything but im quite undergeared now. do you use the normal lab to farm/grind?

Nope. Just keep leveling imo.

Might need to change skills or add another support to whatever active you are using.

Or a new weapon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you re-run the labs to get more gloves/helm enchants, or can I save them the first time I run through so I'm not enchanting some stupid level 30 yellow gloves I'm wearing while leveling?

You can use the divine font at least once per lab run. Glove/Boot enchants in Normal/Cruel lab are throwaways, don't worry too much about "properly" enchanting something, but be aware that if you enchant an item with no level requirement (e.g. Lochtonial's Caress), it will add one. Merciless lab should be used on your mapping helm if you have it, but don't worry too much about that one either, and don't be afraid to throw it on a pair of boots or gloves if you don't want to use it on a helm.

Uber lab glove/helm/boot enchants are where it's at, with helm being potentially the most lucrative and rare, you'll want to have a Twice Enchanted prophecy and hope for a Darkshrine that allows for an additional use of the divine font when going for Uber lab enchants.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Too many other ways to generate currency to waste time on strongboxes now, if I identify a Jeweler's Box with extra items + mirrored in a high ilvl map, I'll throw a vaal orb on it, but otherwise I don't bother. Carto boxes in T12 are worth spending some money on if you don't have any T15s, but with incursion coming back I don't think I'll be rolling those anymore either.

EDIT: Diviner's should be rolled to extra items of pretty much any kind (multiple extra item mods preferable), and the unique diviner's should be rolled to cards with 1, 8, or 11 in the series.

Rolling the unique diviner is a huge waste IMO since you have to use divines and that's just nowhere near cost effective for a longshot at a pricey card. Regular diviners i'll roll til I get at least 2 quant mods.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This game sometimes paralyzes me from making decisions. Too used to being wrapped up in one character.

Still. I had no fucking idea you could upgrade strngboxes.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game sometimes paralyzes me from making decisions. Too used to being wrapped up in one character.

Still. I had no fucking idea you could upgrade strngboxes.

You ideally want to be wrapped up in a character, the more you grind and do harder things the more the game rewards you. Builds don't even really shine until your gems level twice which is around level 92-93 atm.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol i think i need to use a guide and start a new character, i feel like i went too glass cannon for a duelist, i think im currently something like this around lvl 37ish

i was planning on going gladiator though so maybe its salvageable?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am pretty excited to start this league and take the deep dive into the min max pit!

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For most of you leveling up I guarantee you aren't doing enough damage. Leveling is a mixture of one shotting everything and trying not to get one shot. Try to craft your own weapon. Get the highest tier weapon you can use, probably best to use a two hander for the sick alpha damage, and craft it with a magic rustic belt and 1 weapon stone by putting said weapon into trade window with aforementioned items. This will give you a good roll on increased phys damage on a two hander and if you are lucky you might get some flat phys as well. Also, make sure to run Auras. Pick one of Hatred/Anger/Hatred and and one or two of the Heralds. Another easy way to support your skills are through totems. Once you hit 38 or whatever make sure you start running Immortal Call with Cast when damage taken support. Also make sure to run at least one of the golems. Make sure you are ideally linking the skill you are using. Don't put spell echo on something over added "fire/cold/lightning" if you only have two links. If you are relying on status effects you might want to prioritize increased crit strikes. These are constants in almost every leveling build. Unless you are using Poets Pens then just put a good cloth on your forehead and start smashing that keyboard sufficiently.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol i think i need to use a guide and start a new character, i feel like i went too glass cannon for a duelist, i think im currently something like this around lvl 37ish

i was planning on going gladiator though so maybe its salvageable?

At 37 you arnt far enough to be locked into anything. You have access to all the lower acts optional quests which grant respec points. After a quick look at your tree, for whatever reason you went around all the life nodes. Thats probably why you are feeling squishy.

For 10 points or so you can fix it to something like this. Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

Just a few notes. Stats dont play a big part in a character (with a few exceptions but for a newer player lets just forget those). It will never be worthwhile to go around the start of a tree like you did in duelist. Also at low level you arnt doing enough to really benefit from life/mana leech nodes since they work as a % of your damage. Rely more on potions rather than spending close to a 1/3rd of your points on that wheel.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
hah yeah that looks good, i realized once i hit A4 shit was actually starting to hurt me. I think i died to the A3 boss twice. Good call

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rolling the unique diviner is a huge waste IMO since you have to use divines and that's just nowhere near cost effective for a longshot at a pricey card.

I feel like they're rare enough that if I have the currency, I'll do it. Waaaay better shot at getting a Fiend/Doctor than mapping, and the one time I've encountered it I rerolled it from sets of 9 to sets of 11 and got a Fiend.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I've rolled one to a good set number and found one with a good set number and neither gave me the pricey cards so I stopped. Can go either way, I suppose. If people like to roll them then more power to them, i'm definitely not one to criticize where and how people spend their currency considering how much I spend rolling items.

Funnily enough, I found more of the unique diviners in delve than I did regular diviners (3 vs 2).

I wonder if GGG would ever consider letting scions pick 2 ascendencies from the same class, like elementalist/occultist or raider/pathfinder etc. Would open up some more interesting builds I think (for 6 points same as it is now to get 2 of them).

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
My damage SUCKS like in pitifully until level 80 normally, but most especially at the start of a new league. Treat this game and your character more like an MMO and it will reward you for it.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My damage SUCKS like in pitifully until level 80 normally, but most especially at the start of a new league.

I think this is just something that comes with experience, eventually leveling gets to the point where you hit level 60 or 70 on your first character for the league and you're like "huh, I'm still wearing white level 12 gloves" or something equally ridiculous because it doesn't make sense to invest a whole lot of currency while leveling once you know all the tricks, the best skills to use, and how to path around the skilltree. I haven't died to leveling since the A5-A10 release where A5 Innocence caught me off guard.

Caliane

of course, part of that "experience" is experianced players making a beeline for the big health passives.

byr's suggested tree is decent. just grab those life nodes he has asap. you can refund the extra stuff later as you go.

Vit void/life leech is more of a late game thing. probably around level 50+ is where it becomes actually usable. you have to consider the damage scaling. 1% life leech of 400 damage. ohh 4 hp/hit. while when you hit level 75 and its 1% of 90,000 damage. 900 hp/hit.
Same with mana leech. Early game life/mana on hit or kill is more useful. leech is not something that needs to be rushed to, to get. your damage is too low to make use of it.

Also, also, life and mana leech have fairly complex CAPS on rate.
Life gained on hit, is instant.
Life and mana leech are not instant.
Each hit while leeching, creates and independent instance of leech.
The leech value is then spread over 2% of the characters max life per second. meaning, a character with 6000 life, will gain 120hp/s per leech instance. that 900hp leech from earlier then would leech for 7.5seconds. A 400hp leech, would be 120/s for 3.3s.
These independent leeches from hits add up. until you hit the default cap of 20% of max life per second. 1200hp/s for that 6k life character.
This is where the cap increase of vit void, and the like are very important. esp when max life is not 6k+.

the 2%/20% are true for mana as well. Rarely an issue, however, on occupation, if you hare haveing mana issues on an attack based character, lack of total mana might be the cause, as that 20% cap is crippling you, despite very low mana costs, and lots of easy leech.

Leech

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
pvgis3hinq021.jpg

• 1Mic Drop

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Sometimes I think "I'm kinda starting to get this game" then I read a few pages of this thread and have no fucking clue what half the people are saying.

And I can have a blast while bathing in ignorance.

Wish the graphics weren't so rapey on the Xbox

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What is up with the fragments like Sacrafice at Dusk?

I put 1 of each in the map and nothing happened, I also tried 4 of the same kind, still nothing.