Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Jesus they fucking gutted alot of stuff. I wanted to try a MS Jugg build this time but with the nerfs to lgoh - i'm not sure.

I love that someone, somewhere is already abusing the fuck out out these changes.

I'm going with a HoA build, used that shit to clear deep delves I couldn't do on the witch last time and it was fast as hell to 90 and did most maps comfortably.

Was thinking about joining the guild too, although I'm EU - hopefully i'll be mapping pretty fast and can help anyone out etc.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Just wanted to add - the move to standard is diabolical. I'm never logging into standard again that stuff can go fuck itself.

I wondered why nobody plays it and now i know.

The begging at the league end is also a embarrassment. Some people have no dignity.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I'm just gonna fuck around with Ice Spear, Vortex, and curses on an Occultist and see how far that gets me in a week. Respec or new char if it's a total fail. New league day is fun regardless. I'll have beer, hot wings, and Twitch nerds on the tv. Can't wait!

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Jesus they fucking gutted alot of stuff. I wanted to try a MS Jugg build this time but with the nerfs to lgoh - i'm not sure.

I love that someone, somewhere is already abusing the fuck out out these changes.

I'm going with a HoA build, used that shit to clear deep delves I couldn't do on the witch last time and it was fast as hell to 90 and did most maps comfortably.

Was thinking about joining the guild too, although I'm EU - hopefully i'll be mapping pretty fast and can help anyone out etc.
The hit to MS is small, I doubt you'll notice it.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The hit to MS is small, I doubt you'll notice it.

I know the balls got a boost but losing 2 from the tree and 2 from the enchant seems like alot (tho i would have never seen the enchant most likely as it's too expensive for a casual player unless you have much luck). I'm not so worried from a DPS angle just the life gain, tho i doubt that matters till t16 and then you could switch in a anger life leech jewel or something maybe. How fast is jugg at levelling and is there a build you would recommend?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I am going to go for that cool ice trap build I saw on the starter builds guide I listened to yesterday.

Invited you to a Discord, in the PoE channel we linked a ton of starter builds with guides for our homies.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
EE has a Jugg of all trades that will prolly be good all the way to mapping alongside his thicc jugg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I know the balls got a boost but losing 2 from the tree and 2 from the enchant seems like alot (tho i would have never seen the enchant most likely as it's too expensive for a casual player unless you have much luck). I'm not so worried from a DPS angle just the life gain, tho i doubt that matters till t16 and then you could switch in a anger life leech jewel or something maybe. How fast is jugg at levelling and is there a build you would recommend?
You lost 1 from the helm enchant, not two. And since MS projectiles hit Shaper-sized targets at just a bit under 50% on average, you effectively lost 1.5 balls. If you were playing a build that had 14 projectiles overall, your overall LoH is now ~22% lower.

Forum - Marauder - [3.4] UNDENIABLE-JUGG | 1H Sword'n'Board | FARM ALL CONTENT - incl. Uber-Elder - Path of Exile I like this build, of course I tweaked it a bit, but it's still quite solid. You can level with MS if you want, but I would recommend using Frost Blades at least for clearing.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

I never had the enchant last league and only about 35 lgoh and was still melting almost everything. I'm going in thinking it will be a little less tanky and see how it feels. I also never used Dying Sun but it may be ela big gain now?

Goonsquad Officer
Sticking with trying minion physical damage build! incoming me bitching!

I'm going through home rennovations so i won't be on my actual computer for a few days. I hope the ol laptop can run it not like ass :(

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why do you think a build centered around Malachai's Awakening is too weak?

It's got almost no defensive stats, just resists and a little bit of strength, while my Incursion temple helm had 10% phys taken as cold and a lot of life/ES. I'm sure it's great for damage, but I didn't feel like my Arc trapper needed any more at the time, and I was already squishy enough to be afraid of those chaos spell damage fuckers. I definitely preferred mana MoM + essence worm to EB. Don't think I'd want to run an essence worm on EB+MoM+Malachai's Awakening either, two slots with almost no defensive stats.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Arc Totems can scale up all the way to endgame, right? I've gotten to T12 maps, but haven't gotten further, or killed Shaper/Elder/Atziri yet.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's got almost no defensive stats, just resists and a little bit of strength, while my Incursion temple helm had 10% phys taken as cold and a lot of life/ES. I'm sure it's great for damage, but I didn't feel like my Arc trapper needed any more at the time, and I was already squishy enough to be afraid of those chaos spell damage fuckers. I definitely preferred mana MoM + essence worm to EB. Don't think I'd want to run an essence worm on EB+MoM+Malachai's Awakening either, two slots with almost no defensive stats.
Well, you can't run EB+MoM+Malachai's Awakening ;) Well, you can, but you definitely shouldn't. There seems to be 4 variants:

Life - Loreweave - Malachai's Awakening
Life - Loreweave - MoM
Life - Tinkerskin - MoM - EB(?)
LL - Shavs - MoM(?)

The questions marks imply optional. I still want to get the Tinkerskin variant working. Only ways I see that working is with huge trap trigger area but I have no idea how much is enough. Or reduce trap duration down to 0. Traps that expire count as being triggered by the enemy. But that then takes away some of the appeal of playing traps: stacking a bunch before a boss.

EDIT: rethinking the EB+MoM+Malachai's Awakening...maybe that's not such a bad idea. You wouldn't be able to run Discipline though.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had the same dilemma and decided not to even try reducing trap duration. Loreweave + MoM is sooo much better defensively than Loreweave + Malachai's Awakening, especially now with Fossil crafts being a thing. But yeah, that's the HC life, I'll give up beaucoup damage if it means better survivability.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Arc Totems can scale up all the way to endgame, right? I've gotten to T12 maps, but haven't gotten further, or killed Shaper/Elder/Atziri yet.

Even a perpetual scrub like me ran T15 and T16 easily with arc totem, although I only beat one Vaal'd Guardian map. I ended up using arc totem as my boss killer and BV as a map clearer because my BV build was too squishy and I like how I can run like a chicken with totems.