Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It opens up crit options for builds/skills that had trouble reaching the crit cap before. Think maces, axes, 5% base crit spells, etc.
Yeah, this helps diversify CoC builds. Juggs, for example, might have issues reaching a consistent crit rate to keep CoC on cooldown, but this will help.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It requires large cold hits and a specific unique though(or well one of 2 or 3). That doesn't open up a whole lot and it's not that strong either if the scaling is the standard stuff, you can't really expect to get the full value very easily. I think it should give some crit multi too.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have a link or idea to a scion arc trap build as league starter? I’m planning on switching later to an rf build that I have setup around the scion area so want to do arc trap with scion as well

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I fucked around with that Herald of Purity/Dominating Blow build last night, played it almost to the end of Act One I assume (the ship graveyard zone), and while I don't actually get either of those skills yet, I was using the Holy summon thing (I forget the name), Smite w/ Ancestral-something modifier, and the summon phantasms on kill modifier. I realize this is all newbie shit to you guys, but holy shit that was fun. I can't wait until I actually get the intended abilities.

I did get Leap Slam since I can't get Consecrated Path yet, but let me get a little guidance from you guys please. Am I correct in thinking that, for now, since I was only level 12, I don't want to replace my left-click-to-move with Leap Slam yet, because it will just eat through my mana for no real purpose right now? But later, when I am much higher level with better mana regen and mana-on-various-events procs, and specifically when I'm slamming through zones over and over for xp/drops, I will want to put LS or CP as my movement click? I'm assuming that's what I'll eventually do, but it was killing my mana to do it where I'm at now. And if that is the case, for those times when you don't/can't use LS/CP for movement (like in town), what do you guys assign your walk key as? Or if you do it some other way altogether, what setup works best? I'm struggling with the whole 3 buttons thing because I refuse to use my mouse-wheel-click.

Fuck, while I'm at it, is there a quick explanation of gems in the skill tree? I'm not at that point yet, and I won't be before the reset tomorrow, but how does that work? Do you put normal gems in there, like say the Glacial Slam one I got at the beginning of the game? Limited, I assume, by the fact that it says Str, Int, and Dex on the gem slots, so you have to have the right color I assume. If so, does it matter what skill you put there, and what level it is? I'm sure there is a video somewhere, but I'm at work and can't watch, and the written stuff I'm seeing sort of assumes you already know wtf they are all about. Sorry for being such a n00b!

Also, if someone wants to send me an invite to the FoH guild (not Korrupt's, because I'm way too green to be around people I don't sorta know from here!), I would really appreciate it. Ingame name is ToadkillerDog. Oh, and do I have to delete that character if I want to use the same name in the new league, or are names per league? I'm assuming they are global, since everything gets rolled into Standard later, but I am often wrong. Not that I am necessarily going to reuse the name, but it helps to be prepared ahead of time.

Thanks!

EDIT: Will definitely be watching that video tonight, thanks for the link C Captain Suave .

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck, while I'm at it, is there a quick explanation of gems in the skill tree? I'm not at that point yet, and I won't be before the reset tomorrow, but how does that work? Do you put normal gems in there, like say the Glacial Slam one I got at the beginning of the game? Limited, I assume, by the fact that it says Str, Int, and Dex on the gem slots, so you have to have the right color I assume. If so, does it matter what skill you put there, and what level it is? I'm sure there is a video somewhere, but I'm at work and can't watch, and the written stuff I'm seeing sort of assumes you already know wtf they are all about. Sorry for being such a n00b!

Do you mean the jewel sockets on the passive tree? Those aren't for skill gems, those are for jewels, which you can roll like normal gear to have regular stats, and then there are unique jewels which can do fancy shit like change skill or skill tree behavior like adding projectiles, changing life to mana, etc etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why do trappers and miners usually go MoM? I haven't seen a build that has the mana sustain to make MoM much of a benefit beyond the first hit. On top of that, trappers and especially miners usually have quite high mana costs.

The only time I've played traps, it used Malachai's Awakening and the Blood Magic made traps much more convenient.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
After the frustrations with spawning his first Aul on the 2nd to last day of the league, he said he wanted to play a game that is cheaper and has less RNG.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Do you mean the jewel sockets on the passive tree? Those aren't for skill gems, those are for jewels, which you can roll like normal gear to have regular stats, and then there are unique jewels which can do fancy shit like change skill or skill tree behavior like adding projectiles, changing life to mana, etc etc.
Yes, that's what I was referring to. I didn't realize they are actual drops, because I haven't ever seen one. Makes a lot more sense now though, because it didn't make any to use skill gems. Thanks!

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why do trappers and miners usually go MoM? I haven't seen a build that has the mana sustain to make MoM much of a benefit beyond the first hit. On top of that, trappers and especially miners usually have quite high mana costs.

The only time I've played traps, it used Malachai's Awakening and the Blood Magic made traps much more convenient.

Probably using tinkerskin + EB

Xevy

Log Wizard
Saboteur Pyromaniac node too:

1% Life Regenerated per Second for each of your Traps Triggered Recently, up to 20%
1% Life Regenerated per Second for each of your Mines Detonated Recently, up to 20%
Immune to Shock
Immune to Ignite
25% reduced Mana Cost of Skills that place Mines or throw Traps

That's massive regen.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I think i'm going to give arc traps/mines a go as a starter this season (never played a shadow). There are a few different guides for them on the official forums. Any particular one that might be better than others by chance (if someone has already done some of the research that is)?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'm stuck between traps, molten strike, and doing something stupid.

Prolly do traps tho

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Saboteur Pyromaniac node too:

1% Life Regenerated per Second for each of your Traps Triggered Recently, up to 20%
1% Life Regenerated per Second for each of your Mines Detonated Recently, up to 20%
Immune to Shock
Immune to Ignite
25% reduced Mana Cost of Skills that place Mines or throw Traps

That's massive regen.
But not on mana.