Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah playing in a friend's guild, I'll check the market place.

I'm a complete noob though. When looking at these gems what am I looking for when I see a hundred vaal summon skeletons for sale
The cheapest one but if you're in a guild I'd just ask your guild since vaal gems drop all the time in side areas and generally people don't need them.

Eventually you'll want a 20% quality one if you stick with skeletons, but I wouldn't make that a priority until you've got your gear squared away for resists, ehp, damage, and whatever else you really need.

What's the key to blade vortex?

Feels so clunky getting the charges up
Get enough damage so you only need 1-2 charges to clear trash. You should only be doing a 10 stack on bosses, betrayal encounters, etc.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The cheapest one but if you're in a guild I'd just ask your guild since vaal gems drop all the time in side areas and generally people don't need them.

Eventually you'll want a 20% quality one if you stick with skeletons, but I wouldn't make that a priority until you've got your gear squared away for resists, ehp, damage, and whatever else you really need.

Get enough damage so you only need 1-2 charges to clear trash. You should only be doing a 10 stack on bosses, betrayal encounters, etc.
Yeah just casually picked up a 7% quality because it was same price as 1%s. The build calls to use vaal skeles so I'll keep an eye out for higher quality

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Arc Totems is so 2018, Storm Brand is the new hotness.

EDIT: But the answer you're looking for is Void Battery, it's a wand.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Could use a guild invite if theres room on Warmuth. Doing ok with a 2 hand molten strike but I know its not going to last playing my usual facetank style.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Arc Totems is so 2018, Storm Brand is the new hotness.

EDIT: But the answer you're looking for is Void Battery, it's a wand.
Cool, I am also going to get that shield with +1 totems.

Brand was fun but I am not a theorycrafter just yet so not sure how to build that from scratch and nobody has a real build for it just yet that I have seen. It’s pretty much the exact same tree except brand instead of totem right next to each other.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
It does look like the +1 totem mod is going to be rare; I've been live searching it all yesterday/today and haven't had a hit. It costs 1 ex to get it crafted on a shield according to the datamine info.

uberelite has been playing storm brand and yeah, it's basically the same tree as a totem build with some minor differences. Look for "UberBrandNewBuild" for his storm brand character:

View Profile - Path of Exile - TheuberClips

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It does look like the +1 totem mod is going to be rare; I've been live searching it all yesterday/today and haven't had a hit. It costs 1 ex to get it crafted on a shield according to the datamine info.

uberelite has been playing storm brand and yeah, it's basically the same tree as a totem build with some minor differences. Look for "UberBrandNewBuild" for his storm brand character:

View Profile - Path of Exile - TheuberClips
There is a unique shield with it.

Tukohama's Fortress

Is that not what people want?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Not as hierophant; you usually go MoM and that shield gives you blood magic which sets your mana to 0. It's mostly for AW totems.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I wouldn't do a build solely based on storm brand. It is decent at clearing but it's absolute shit for single target unless there is some way to make all your brands stack on 1 target instead of just 1.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'd love to mess around with the custom sounds, but I'm not naive enough to know that I wouldn't get tired of them after the first hour. But what I thought would be cool would be to have a bunch of custom sounds play for super rare tiers of currency and items that cycled. Is that possible without programming it yourself?

I was thinking some sort of simple script that could read when the sound was read from and then directed the new audio file for the next time it was called on. I'm far from a programmer so I have no idea if this is even possible.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't do a build solely based on storm brand. It is decent at clearing but it's absolute shit for single target unless there is some way to make all your brands stack on 1 target instead of just 1.

This is what Brand Recall does. Only 1 (2 with heiro) will attach to the target but the others will be activated on the ground.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
You can also throw in lightning spire trap. Brands also mean you can use stuff like onslaught on kill for clear.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
This is what Brand Recall does. Only 1 (2 with heiro) will attach to the target but the others will be activated on the ground.

So all 3/4/x will hit the same target then? I've been using it as my clear skill while levelling since storm call isn't great yet and using that for syndicate/bosses/high hp mobs. Just have it linked with added lightning, innervate and crit chance.

I think my goal this league is gonna be to craft a real nice staff for wild strike (something better than hegemony era).

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These new MTXs are ridiculous.

20181209230107_1.jpg

Goonsquad Officer
Most micro skins are too much for me. I would love to have a skeleton skin, but I don't need to be a hovering green glowing ghost with flags for wings and skulls trailing in my wake.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played this game a few years ago, got to level 50ish and just couldn't handle bosses anymore. Just started again. I'm following the noob advice now (max resistances at all times, guided build) and just finished act 3. I'm doing much better than before. Sort of confused about the best way to gear up though. Do you just wait for the right rare to drop? Sell drops to get orbs? Doing SSF currently.

Also is there some way of getting items identified other than scrolls of wisdom? I'm always running out of them.