Path of Exile

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
EDIT: If anyone has a link to some good video capturing software (not Fraps), I can record a video when/if I hit maps tonight so you can see it in action. It really is an amazing playstyle.

I'd use OBS. I've been streaming my Arc Totem guy since league start. So I've got a ton of video of Arc blowing shit up. Now, I move like a snail between packs, I just waddle between them, dropping totems on my way while killing all the things. I know I could make things faster by decreasing the amount of time it takes to move from pack to pack. I fill that time picking up shit and scratching my balls.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
decoy totem, minion/totem life resist, multiple totems (always have 1 up in transition to the other)

s'fuckin nice

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'd use OBS. I've been streaming my Arc Totem guy since league start. So I've got a ton of video of Arc blowing shit up. Now, I move like a snail between packs, I just waddle between them, dropping totems on my way while killing all the things. I know I could make things faster by decreasing the amount of time it takes to move from pack to pack. I fill that time picking up shit and scratching my balls.

Here's a vod I just recorded at my maximum streamable settings, 1080p60fps.

You can do much better than that using OBS, just use the local record function and push them to YouTube. Plenty of guides out there for it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If the comparison is between Arc Totems and Storm Brand, Storm Brand wins out in clear 100% of the time for me. I've had multiple Arc Totem characters over the leagues, including one in Incursion, none of them clear as fast and effortlessly as Storm Brand. That spinup time is rough. Now if you're comparing between self-cast Arc or Arc Traps and Storm Brand, that's different, but that wouldn't be an apple to apple comparison like Storm Brand and Arc Totem.
I must have missed the totem restriction. Even with multiple totem support?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Multiple totem support just let's you reach maximum DPS potential quicker -- theoretically a super-built Arc Totem character only needs 1 totem to clear a pack. It's the windup time that you cannot get around that makes totems an inherently slower playstyle. You can have all the totem placement and cast speed in the world, but from right click to first cast it'll be .5 seconds at the fastest.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Why the hell did they change the way using currency works? Can't use specific stacks now, it automatically defaults to taking from your inventory in order. Got a 2nd small stack of wisdoms you want to use? Tough shit, it's gonna take from your full stack. Want to use alts from your stash and not the stack you keep on you? Too bad.

Maximum freaking rustled, what the fuck is even the point of changing how it worked before?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I've been updating this list with the craftin recipe locations I've found. work keeps me way behind ya'll. ha.

there are a few that are fairly out of the way, and could have been missed.
I was really hoping the "missing" vorici 2 and 3 sockets were going to be inside the sarn arena. and no one looked... but I checked, they aren't.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not the greatest example mind you, almost died a couple of times, but this is almost entirely self-found except the chest. Still, I dig the playstyle and there's a lot of room to grow, probably won't take it so cavalier until I get some currency under me. Character: View Profile - Path of Exile - JamesVZ

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Looks like they decided to not activate the +1 totem mod as it was deemed to powerful. Kinda shitty as I rolled heiro figuring I could eventually get it, why even take the second totem away from heirop then?

Wait, what? FFS. Now I am stuck with an odd number of fucking totems until I manage to find a +1 totem unique. Great. THIS is the issue with the multiple totems support.

Edit: Aaaaaaaand just got to your second post. I expect to get the unique before the craft based on that wording. Will probably cost at least an exalt (which I have had one drop to level 80 so far).

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Not the greatest example mind you, almost died a couple of times, but this is almost entirely self-found except the chest. Still, I dig the playstyle and there's a lot of room to grow, probably won't take it so cavalier until I get some currency under me. Character: View Profile - Path of Exile - JamesVZ

After watching both videos, it's not clear to me how you think Storm Brand is 100x better than Arc Totems.

Here's the channel run for comparison.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
After watching both videos, it's not clear to me how you think Storm Brand is 100x better than Arc Totems.

Here's the channel run for comparison.

Second that. I play Arc totem Hierophant (did not trust Stormorb which I reget now a little) and with budget/decent gear I empty that map in like a third of your time. Arc has such a far reach and chains up to 7 time, with only 4 Ascendancy points I can put up 6 totems (with the new gem). And basically you press your flask, zoom in front, place totems, press the flask again (fill on crit mandatory) and just listen if something dropped three screens behind.
I fully expect them to nerf Arc in the near future. It's really OP with traps and totems.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Sure James, my video is longer. I moused over all my gear at the end of the video and I did a Breach. I don't even have a movespeed potion. Do you still want to say it's 100 times better?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, it's unquestionably better clear speed than Arc totems. I cast less Brands than you do totems, my Brands get re-casted instantly, and the pack clear is phenomenal.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Just started this on Xbox One X. Is it just me or is this worlds beyond DIablo 3 as far as content? Fun game so far.

(Sorry I am VERY late to the party here)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Just started this on Xbox One X. Is it just me or is this worlds beyond DIablo 3 as far as content? Fun game so far.

(Sorry I am VERY late to the party here)
yes, yes it is. also, I am not sure if anyone else here is a filthy console peasant. there are some differences between versions.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Oh. I can always get it on PC too. I was just messing around with it. Betrayal patch hit Xbox One X last night while I was playing it. Are they not up to parity on versions? Also wonder if there will be cross play.