Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, this build uses heralds, i have started moving away from them. Thanks for all the ideas guys!

Elementalist should be able to use 3 heralds and a blasphemy, I think, once you get the ascendency point for heralds. If not, i'd probably run ash + ice and warlords mark til you can run more heralds with it via enlighten or get leech through gear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This early in the league, you might have to do the price and adjust approach.

Or if that's too troublesome, I'll give you 10c for it.

• 1Worf

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Can anyone recommend a cheap, easy to play range build that will get me to 100? I am by no means a PoE expert and tired of getting shit builds from youtube, etc. Find myself really not enjoying the my BV Witch/Elementalist in the 60's due to the stupid syndicate npcs starting to wreck, have no real problems with the other npcs..

This builds really nice for levelling up fast and it's pretty safe as it's ranged and you can off screen tons of shit, the scorpion creature just destroys entire screens of mobs when it's got all the buffs this guy gives it. Definitely going to roll it again once i'm finished with this jugg.

Forum - Ranger - [3.5] FunRoom's Crit Herald of Agony PathFinder [Starter] [All Contents] [Endgame 1M+ Shaper DPS] - Path of Exile

Play to 16 and get the herald and it's just go go go.

it's not expensive but you'll need a quill rain (lol) and coming calamity later on.

I just hit the maps and Jugg seems pretty nice - tankyish, although I've had my ass handed to me a fair bit with the new stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I was having a bitch of a time on boss fights until I finally slotted in cyclone. It seems to properly shit on every other melee skill, at least for slayer. I was dying to a lot of ground stuff on harder mobs too as everything else has a stop to do damage aspect. My dps might be the only thing lacking, I see people in the 50s talking about 5k dps, Im at like 2k. My gear is all good and stuff is dying quick enough, Im not sure where I'd get that much more dps. My weapon is end game for the build, main skills are supported with at least 3 gems and my passives are all dmg and health.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm having a blast running a vaal double strike gladiator. My clear speed on maps through T8 is as fast as I can leap slam and attack once at 5 APS, and the single-target damage is absolutely stupid. I'm 85 right now and haven't had a boss fight (phase, at least) last longer than 6 seconds, and it's often 2-3. The only time it gets a little hairy is when I have a betrayal fortification event with 4 allied, promoted, and itemized enemies. I't's immensely forgiving on gear, too, since the build only uses 3 skills that require linked sockets, has no required uniques, and double strike basically scales with haste. It was a little rough until I got my 4-L set up though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I am doing Vaal Double Strike Jugg also. We have almost identical builds. :) It's awesome shit. It's the 2nd time I've done it. Use Automation Herald for the next MTX herald effect if you're using ash.

Side note: I COMPLETELY understand the betrayal mechanic now, 100%. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I've learned a lot through my own trial and error, as well as the ziggy video, but I got it down.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Leon

<Silver Donator>
any movement skill for a champ that doesn't fucking desynch all the time? Whirling blade rubber bands like there's no tomorrow.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
i think the desyncing shit is new. I've used most movement skills in the past without issue, but right now, occasionally flame dash will lag, rubber band me back, then shoot me forward like 3 casts.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I don't seem to have any rubber banding issues with Leap Slam but I am noticing that occasionally it will leap really slow and a glance at the buffs don't show any slow debuffs on me.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah i feel like i'm using leap in D2. I dash forward twice but low and behold i'm 2 screens back getting pounded by stray mobs.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It might be more about your internet connection/route than the skill. I just went through a massive headache with my ISP where I was getting high marks in bandwidth tests but deeper inspection showed intermittent heavy packet loss. Fortunately my provider is great and they spent weeks trying to find the problem, eventually locating a crack in the fiber line several blocks from me, which was only problematic as the line cooled from afternoon heat.

Goonsquad Officer
Hey can I get rights to edit guild stash titles and colors and shit? I want to organize it. On auravel

• 1Like

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sure James, my video is longer. I moused over all my gear at the end of the video and I did a Breach. I don't even have a movespeed potion. Do you still want to say it's 100 times better?

I've used arc totems as a league starter for like 4 leagues now. It is hard to beat for speed/value if done right. You could cut a few minutes off of each run if you replaced a mana flask with a Quicksilver. Even with MOM I rarely ran a mana flask, let alone two. It is also much faster to just constantly stutter drop totems at the edge of the screen instead of waiting to see the packs and dropping them closer to your character. You eventually get a feel for the pacing of dropping them so that each totem drop is essentially clearing one screen ahead (that also helps a lot with not needing to backtrack or wait for looting).

The only builds I ran that were faster were arc/lw poet's pen and a queen of the Forrest bow character.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wanted to do Totems this league and was thinking Arc since I'm lazy, but playing an Arc Trapper last league meh...

So I decided on this:

Ele Hit Hiero.

The build is finally start to come to its own (only level 76) and it actually one of the fastest clearing builds I have ever played. Pretty fun.

Forum - Templar - [3.5] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Totem Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly - Path of Exile

I ran that towards the end of last league and it is definitely good. It was slightly slower for map clear than arc totems, but a lot faster for boss kills.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After watching both videos, it's not clear to me how you think Storm Brand is 100x better than Arc Totems.

Here's the channel run for comparison.

Another important difference here between the two videos: mine is a hardcore build. This means I've got a character with the bare minimum necessary investment in damage, and a whole shitload invested into staying alive. One major implication for this build is that it's only super effective when its mechanics are working together, i.e. multiple Brands stacked on multiple enemies. I've got so little damage, and I'm still blowing up packs like that, and I promise you that Arc Totems does not clear as fast at a similar level in a hardcore viable build.

Take your character, spend a few regret orbs to respec the tree into a brand tree, and then compare. The mechanics of Storm Brand vaaaastly favor clear speed compared to Arc totems.