Path of Exile

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Depending on how you build it, Tectonic Slam can by kinda sorta tanky. It's easier to pick up sustain than it is tanky for that build.

I’m skewed towards the tank end of things, playing a jugg and not a Crit build. Dps isnt awful or anything, just over a mil, but it’s still not a facetanker. The champion is instant leech so I can be more terrible and as long as I don’t get one shot I won’t die. Both builds are pretty well geared and min/max would require a bunch of ex on specific corrruptions and jewels and I’m saving that cash for now to roll up my next build.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I think the problem may be oriath. I've only had it happen when I load in there. What I found is that I have to let it sit for 5 minutes after i've booted it and it's fine. And I set my last town load spot to act2 forest encampment.
That's exactly what I do. Prolly too many MTXs for my comp to boot up all at once.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I had this problem and moving the game to an SSD fixed it completely. Found some post on the forums that said the game's data files end up a fragmented mess over time and it takes so long to load the new zone that it times out and kicks you after about 40 seconds. Once you've tried a few times a bunch of stuff is still in memory and it loads fast enough to work.
I really hope no OS keeps a crashed/exited program's data in memory.

That said, there are still people not using a SSD? Yall deserve the slow load times at this point.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I’m skewed towards the tank end of things, playing a jugg and not a Crit build. Dps isnt awful or anything, just over a mil, but it’s still not a facetanker. The champion is instant leech so I can be more terrible and as long as I don’t get one shot I won’t die. Both builds are pretty well geared and min/max would require a bunch of ex on specific corrruptions and jewels and I’m saving that cash for now to roll up my next build.
This is one of side effects of the stat stick nerf. I had a real hard time finding a better dps weapon than Oni-Goroshi for my Tectonic Slam character. It requires some pretty pricey foils. So a lot of builds that operated just fine throughout all of the game's content are now strained to the breaking point because they can't cover the 4 important parts of each build: sustain, dps, mitigation, and mobility.

Don't get me wrong, this is a good dilemma to have, but only as long the player is given the choice. For a lot of melee skills, and the high end, I would include Tectonic Slam, the choice feels mostly taken away.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor

That said, there are still people not using a SSD? Yall deserve the slow load times at this point.
Just realized I had it installed on my reg hard drive, reinstalling on my SSD today.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Game didn't crash for me, it just sat on the loading screen for 30-40 seconds and then went back to login or character select a few times.

I still install games on HDD, my inner jew can't stand sense cluttering up premium SSD space with gigs and gigs of cinematics, TV episodes and other bloat. PoE just badly fragments its data file which makes HDDs too slow.

That said it does crash to desktop without an error message fairly regularly, anyone have a fix for that? Usually when just starting to engage a pack of monsters.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The fuck else is your SSD for?

I mean, don't put movies and tv shows on there, those never need that kind of performance.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I might be a colossal dick weed. Decided to reboot and so far no disconnects. I'm guessing I need to reboot more than once every 2 months. Who knew

• 1Triggered
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
This is one of side effects of the stat stick nerf. I had a real hard time finding a better dps weapon than Oni-Goroshi for my Tectonic Slam character. It requires some pretty pricey foils. So a lot of builds that operated just fine throughout all of the game's content are now strained to the breaking point because they can't cover the 4 important parts of each build: sustain, dps, mitigation, and mobility.

Don't get me wrong, this is a good dilemma to have, but only as long the player is given the choice. For a lot of melee skills, and the high end, I would include Tectonic Slam, the choice feels mostly taken away.

I got that basic impression about melee in general which blows since I tend to play melee almost exclusively. I’ll just have to eat the price of the boss fight learning curve instead of being able to place two totems that one shot the boss or whatever other op shit I’ve seen.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I had this problem and moving the game to an SSD fixed it completely. Found some post on the forums that said the game's data files end up a fragmented mess over time and it takes so long to load the new zone that it times out and kicks you after about 40 seconds. Once you've tried a few times a bunch of stuff is still in memory and it loads fast enough to work.

That would make so much sense. I've had it installed since beta lol.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Outside of MS jugg and maybe BV I haven’t seen a melee build that looks “fun” or really viable without dropping twice or more currency compared to most ranges builds. Even MS is pretty pricey if you go for dw BIS shanks.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Is Farrul's fur worth the price? Got a loreweave that's reasonable rolled atm, currently running vitality - did think a while ago about switching that out to vaal grace.

how good is aspect of the cat defensively with it? It's a massive investment - got the coin but it'd clean me out and can fuse 6l np.

Delves at 550 are fucking destroying me on and off.

DPS is not the problem here.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't see how Farrul's Fur is going to help you defensively. I *think* most people like it due to brainless frenzy and power charge generation.

If you're solo delving, you might be at the limit of your build. What are you playing? If you go to poe.ninja, you'll notice around 600, the amount of builds and ascendencies that can push that deep are limited.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Aren't you invisible to mobs with one of the aspects? I have no idea, i use phasing to run though shit last league is the only thing. I'm not sure how all that works v bosses or fights really.

Playing a tweaked version of this:

Forum - Shadow - [3.5] Lewd's Cold Hard CoC Build Guide [Frostbolt/Ice Nova] 2.3M+ Shaper DPS Tanky - Path of Exile using loreweave.

It's probably the best build i played, I also got a hybrids jugg at 95 but that's useless at that depth. Maybe i just hit the brick wall i think like you say. Need to find something else then.

Edit: also it's extremely cunty of the devs to have you clear a delve completely, zone out with shit and zone back into the same delve and get one shot cause some mob appeared. That shit's super fucking annoying with the later 3x damage and 400 crit bullshit. Talk about shitty design, a delve should be auto dead once you clear the final encounter.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Half of the rotational buff makes you harder to see, not invisible.

I'm not sure I would call that tanky. High sustain but how much mitigation do you have against big hits?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aul was quite the roadblock to the rest of the city...took a respec out of acrobatics and into scion health wheel to just not get insta 1-shot by the ice spears arc/cleave he does with 9.5k hp/es and 79% resist.
Other than that he hit so hard (even though the area's mods weren't too bad) he isn't too difficult but still took me like 15 trips. Just ran around pressing brand recall on cd so i never had to stop and cast anything and was prepared to flame dash towards him when he did his ice spear arc. In general a big part of my deaths are probably from staying still to throw lightning spire traps on bosses and syndicates (dont want em to run away).
Aul.jpg

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Hit 97 on the HOWA jugg. 11k ES and pretty good dps, I think I might make the push to 100, not sure if i'll have time. I think the last time I died was at level 90, and I've been just straight maping and farming ubber elder, with some delve when I hit cap (delve is fucking amazing XP around 250 depth btw)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hit 97 on the HOWA jugg. 11k ES and pretty good dps, I think I might make the push to 100, not sure if i'll have time. I think the last time I died was at level 90, and I've been just straight maping and farming ubber elder, with some delve when I hit cap (delve is fucking amazing XP around 250 depth btw)
Doing an occultist myself since I want to hit 600 delve, just in case I want to do 40 this league(probably not). Did you pick up the ES on hit Watcher's Eye? Been trying to decide between that one or ES from mana.

ES on hit doesn't actually add much recovery. If you do some napkin math:

9 projectiles/attack * 10 APS * 0.5(average chance for ball to hit humanoid sized target) * 1.5(extra projectiles from good AC positioning) * 25 = ~1700 ES/s. Vaal Pact leech or Vile Bastion are much higher. What would seem really nice is situations where you dash into a pack and take a few big hits, CWDT - Ball Lightning - Slower Proj(or just Firestorm) will get some sustain going before you even start attacking and having to wait for those balls to drop.

Last edited: