Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So i joined breachstone rotation for the first time. I never saw anything expressed in the chat about what the order was, but apparently there was one..how/what? I went through my UI options to see if i could add my name into the party window if that was the way they could tell but i didnt see anything.

How much xp did you manage to get in how many stones? if you don't mind me asking. Was thinking about trying this out to maybe hit 97 as am 94 atm as i've got 3 life nodes I can collect!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
How much xp did you manage to get in how many stones? if you don't mind me asking. Was thinking about trying this out to maybe hit 97 as am 94 atm as i've got 3 life nodes I can collect!

11 pure esh/xoph/tul stones (2 were mine, 1 guy dissapeared/scammed) gave 70+% @ lvl 95, just dinged 96. I dont know how much you've grouped otherwise either but one thing that i didnt know was that it seems the one that puts in the stone gets the maps and other more value drops for that run (or atleast most of them), so when you see people "hosting" runs for 20c or whatever, they're scamming you cause they will get all/most of the maps and stuff and make a shit ton.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
11 pure esh/xoph/tul stones (2 were mine, 1 guy dissapeared/scammed) gave 70+% @ lvl 95, just dinged 96. I dont know how much you've grouped otherwise either but one thing that i didnt know was that it seems the one that puts in the stone gets the maps and other more value drops for that run (or atleast most of them), so when you see people "hosting" runs for 20c or whatever, they're scamming you cause they will get all/most of the maps and stuff and make a shit ton.

Thanks, I figured it would be like that if I went into one of the paid for groups with the loot. There's so many scammers in this game it's crazy.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just jump shit with it, I use a quicksilver for move speed. That's of course useless on bosses so I'm going to have to switch out the gems for it. The only time I miss whirling blades aside from boss fights is mapping in a group with the 1,000,000% run speed screen clearers where a flask doesnt keep up.

What I found out in this league playing Ele Hit totems is that for bosses, I used Phase Run as my movement skill. It really does makes Guardians/Elder/Shaper fights much easier combined with a QuickSilver flask on cool downs. In fact I unslotted Blink Arrow entirely (except for annoying maps where I want to quickly traverse obstacles) where I would swap back.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hosting a run at 20c/spot isn't really a scam, though... The stones have a value/cost, the fee is to cover that cost.

Not a scam perhaps but a noob trap. I probably got atleast 3 T16 maps from each of my stones (and some t15 and other reds), and those are like 15c each or so. And the stones are around 120c. So he gets 5x20 chaos from the party he's hosting...essentially he's out 20c and gets 50c+ from maps at the minimum.

As a party member you get a few alchs and jewel orbs and perhaps a chaos or 2 back from drops after you pay 20c for the spot. Or atleast thats what i noticed.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I will say it takes 82 uul stones at 99 to get to 100. Everything before that is drastically less.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Not a scam perhaps but a noob trap. I probably got atleast 3 T16 maps from each of my stones (and some t15 and other reds), and those are like 15c each or so. And the stones are around 120c. So he gets 5x20 chaos from the party he's hosting...essentially he's out 20c and gets 50c+ from maps at the minimum.

As a party member you get a few alchs and jewel orbs and perhaps a chaos or 2 back from drops after you pay 20c for the spot. Or atleast thats what i noticed.

Hes also fronting the stones taking time go buy them etc. The profit is there for them but it's not much. I've done runs with 0 t16 drops. 20c per run is reasonable. I rolled with a guy that did 11 uul runs for 3ex when the stones were 1.3 each.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was watching it earlier. Someone already hit 85?

Havoc won on a storm brand Trickster, learned a shit ton watching those guys. I didnt know you could double click the swirl to port to someone and skip the "press enter" top confirm box.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Storm Brand winrar

double click thing is nice. I wish they would publish more of this shit though.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I finally got my first tier 16 map and I figure it’s time to work to killing shaper. Pit of the chimera is the map I got so I watched the video of a guy playing the tec slam build I’m using do the fight. Looks like pure aids. The actual shaper fight honestly looks easier to me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The adds on Chimera can be more dangerous than the boss. That said, none of the end game fights are actually that hard. They are "artificially" difficult by limiting attempts and making them inherently expensive. Once you get some practice with a build that can afford a few mistakes, they become much easier.

It also helps that the game has power crept past Guardians and Shaper, and is in the process of doing the same to Uber Elder. Feel like you're not ready for a boss fight? Go get some better gear.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
General tankiness question. I got a Tectonic Slam Scion(Slayer/Elementalist) to a pretty good gear level. Every slot has at least an exalt invested into it. I was a bit disappointed that I had to swap out inc aoe for conc effect at T16, thus neutering much of the appeal of tec slam, but whatever. The big issue for me is that even with a Kaom's Heart(7k+ life), Taste of Hate, and Basalt, my health bar would still ping-pong on some encounters, mainly syndicate. They said they made the telegraphing easier, but fuck if I can see what they are doing through all the tec slam fissures. I just make a habit of moving every couple slams.

If I want to take the tankiness another level(I hate dieing), is Jugg or Occultist the only options?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
General tankiness question. I got a Tectonic Slam Scion(Slayer/Elementalist) to a pretty good gear level. Every slot has at least an exalt invested into it. I was a bit disappointed that I had to swap out inc aoe for conc effect at T16, thus neutering much of the appeal of tec slam, but whatever. The big issue for me is that even with a Kaom's Heart(7k+ life), Taste of Hate, and Basalt, my health bar would still ping-pong on some encounters, mainly syndicate. They said they made the telegraphing easier, but fuck if I can see what they are doing through all the tec slam fissures. I just make a habit of moving every couple slams.

If I want to take the tankiness another level(I hate dieing), is Jugg or Occultist the only options?

One of the things I swap to when mapping to 100 is a purity + physical damage taken as "X" element. With just a watcher's eye or armor piece you can get 15% phys taken as which helps so so much. I almost always also run Vaal grace also.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The adds on Chimera can be more dangerous than the boss. That said, none of the end game fights are actually that hard. They are "artificially" difficult by limiting attempts and making them inherently expensive. Once you get some practice with a build that can afford a few mistakes, they become much easier.

It also helps that the game has power crept past Guardians and Shaper, and is in the process of doing the same to Uber Elder. Feel like you're not ready for a boss fight? Go get some better gear.

Yeah it’s the wasting the map issue. It’s not like I can’t afford to buy maps but it irritates me to no end to do so, don’t know why. I’ll probably use the double strike champion to get it done.Tectonic is more fun as a build but doesn’t have the horsepower of double strike nor the forgiveness of screw ups.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
One of the things I swap to when mapping to 100 is a purity + physical damage taken as "X" element. With just a watcher's eye or armor piece you can get 15% phys taken as which helps so so much. I almost always also run Vaal grace also.
I try to incorporate "phys as element" where ever I can. That they put one of the most accessible affixes on helms is fucking annoying. Really hope they do something with helmet enchants soon, it's way overdue.

Good advice about Vaal Grace, I forgot about it. They made it instant this patch, right? Casting time on that skill was always kinda stupid.

• 1Like