Path of Exile

Loyang_sl

shitlord
going to be starting Anarchy as soon as its up. I'll probably go with lightning strike templar.
Ash, I'll team up with you if you still have room. Added you to my friend list

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Thinking of getting back into this; either onslaught or hardcore. What's a good first pick assuming I don't have any stashed items to fall back on (probably not much)?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Onslaught you start with no items in the stash anyways so go for it!
Any recommendations for build? And why, hopefully? I'd rather drive someone else's well-oiled machine than try to cobble together my own... hah.

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
The rogue exile's in Anarchy are no joke. Faced one in the cave on act 2 normal. Was quite disappointed when her unique bow she was using did not drop though.

Man I havent been able to find one yet i hear people saying act 2 cave, I didn't see one when I was there I mite try to go thru the map again and see if I can see one in there.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Thinking of getting back into this; either onslaught or hardcore. What's a good first pick assuming I don't have any stashed items to fall back on (probably not much)?
onslaught is like mega hardcore, but since its a new league and everyone starts fresh, it might be fun

Despite melee buffs, ranged are still flat out better. Not getting hit>getting hit, times 100 in any hardcore league. LA, dual spork, and a tanky cold caster are cookie cutter ranged builds. See exilepro for first two, search aimlessgun's post for last, or just visit witch/shadow forum. I have a Mara ele cleaver as well, lvl 71, but he's becoming fragile. I tried a few lowest maps with no mods and the bosses 1 shot me.

So I'm curious about anarchy league: does it actually feel different? After all the shit I talked I wanted to make a char there just because everyone was doing it and new ladders are always fun, but I'm pretty new to the game and just finally became NOT poor on standard and didn feel like starting all over.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I found a rogue exile in the crematorium right before piety. He was a dual wielding poisoner, made for a fun little fight. It's a cool feature and I like what they add to the game. The new amulets are much more interesting than the old onyx amulet.

It's more refreshing than I thought to start in a clean economy.

Yeah i like Anarchy , like the random exile encounter...cool idea. Ran into 3 of them so far on Normal , Templar and Ranger. The Ranger appeared in 2 connecting zones , Crossroads and then Broken Bridge. My client pauses for a second when an exile is near , seems almost as it spawns at that moment. But no uniques off them , just rares and decent ones at that.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just started yesterday, got a Marauder to 10 but it think I am going to reroll as ranger. Which league should I play in?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
This game needs an AH bad.
Strongly disagree. AH leads to no-effort accumulation of optimal items and massive deflation just like in D3. I like that buying items is effortful in PoE. That's the tradeoff to finding shit yourself. In PoE you can't just AH your way to a near-perfect character given enough currency. Currency should be a component of the game, not the final answer to it.