Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I imagine it'd be pretty hard to set up an AH that can sort things by 80 different types of currency too but maybe i'm wrong on that one (no idea what the programming would actually be like).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Have you done much trading in this game? It's pretty much impossible without consuming an immense amount of time.

If you had an easy way to exchange currency the community would more easily gravitate toward a common currency (instead of right now being exalteds, gcps, chaos and alchemy). Programmatically being able to set arbitrary currency cost wouldn't be that bad. Making a user friendly interface for it would be much harder unless you limited it to the previously named big 4 currencies.

Even if they just made it so you could mail people with a currency on delivery system you'd improve things dramatically. Using third party sites to find buyer/sellers is a pain, but finding a time to meet up with that person if you both aren't playing a lot on the same time zone is a real pain. The opportunity cost of trading is just so high in this game and doing maps is so trade dependent that it's a dead end for me.

I believe they will make an AH of sorts , but using the forums. Yeah its damn difficult selling shit , i have tried countless times with some good gear and even asking for nothing pretty much and just wanting to empty my stash and never sell much of anything. So i just vendor the shit and move on. Never bought anything either , just craft it or find it.Why i enjoy this game , can gear yourself up without the need to scour an AH for gear just to progress.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I think build-in forum trading that also works/displays well on mobile devices would be a good middle ground. Pure AH I am cautiously against after my experience in D3, pure forum or in-game trading with EC tunnel feeling is not something I'm doing.

Caliane

yeah, a store front.

as seller.

place item for bid.

buyout:
asking price: have each currency item selectable, and enter an integer.

Bid:
asking price: have each currency item selectable, and enter an integer. highest bid wins. Radial or list?
set duration. currency for this might be tough to decide. ID scrolls?

Trade:
accept trade requests yes/no.
Dialogue box to enter some words on what you might be looking for.

As buyer,
buyout:
auto withdraw from stash or player.

Bid:
set bid:
basically same as setting asking price.

Trade:
place the items you wish to offer in trade into the menu. hit ok. they go into escrow. unusable, until canceled by you or the seller.
Seller then can review the trade offer when they are online. and pick the one they want.

Falmer_sl

shitlord
Does anyone still play the hardcore league or is everyone jumping into the new ones? I'm a level 54 duelist, just starting act 1 on merciless, if anyone wants to team up. Name's Debyl.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Maybe one of the reasons they don't want to do AH is because that creates a lot of space for abusing the economy and thus stresses the CS. Once you can automatically pawn off anything you farm, botting makes much more sense. Right now most of the stuff you get is worthless if you can't find a person who buys it. Hacked accounts ? Just load all the gear onto AH. Right now you can quickly move only orbs and skill gems.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I don't want a game where you in 6 months you spend 2 exalts worth on the AH and suddenly you go from scrub farming docks to doing 80% of maps no problem. That's how d3 is. If you go self-found in d3, you actually can't progress. If you use the AH, spend 50k and you're clearing inferno with ease.

ARPGs are not meant for efficient economies. They take away from the game, not add to it. The focus should be on farming gear yourself, and buying/selling stuff opportunistically. That's how it is now. If you end up vendoring gear, well it sounds like it wasn't really worth selling.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't want a game where you in 6 months you spend 2 exalts worth on the AH and suddenly you go from scrub farming docks to doing 80% of maps no problem. That's how d3 is. If you go self-found in d3, you actually can't progress. If you use the AH, spend 50k and you're clearing inferno with ease.

ARPGs are not meant for efficient economies. They take away from the game, not add to it. The focus should be on farming gear yourself, and buying/selling stuff opportunistically. That's how it is now. If you end up vendoring gear, well it sounds like it wasn't really worth selling.
Yeah I see where you're coming from, I just disagree from a player perspective. I'd rather liquidate my stuff, buy gear and progress than take the slower route of finding nearly all my gear.

And the other thing is that it's difficult to do continue to do maps without trading for crafting reagents which is a pain without an AH.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Just gotta lose the have it now attitude and get in the trade channels and try to work some deals.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's less about the 'have it now attitude' and more about the 'I don't like sitting in trade channels all day attitude'.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Trust me I feel your pain. It's a double edged sword. There is probably an undue amount of time spent in trade channels, and everyone is probably just trying to tip every trade in their favor rather than make an even deal.

But I don't think I'd give up haggling an actual trade or making a list of people who have an item I want and what they want for it.

There's so little player interaction in a lot of these games and so much RMT finds it way in one way or the other.

I'm sure PoE could draw up an in game auction house, hell, maybe even one that allows for "Exile Bucks" (USD baby) but they're going for the more traditional experience here and I respect that... understanding the pitfalls of both systems of course.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally started this weekend (wanted something more than Marvel Heroes). Took the advice from earlier in the thread going to exilepro and working on a shadow Freeze pulse tank. Like it so far, only lvl 11 but mobs go down quick. Haven't figured out if it's better just buy better gear or stockpile currency/wait for drops. Playing in Anarchy, player name is Deathbishop.

stockpile your orbs for now wait till you get mid of the second difficulty to spend if you can, that is when it will start getting rough.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Got my shirt today, unfortunately, when FoH went down in a ball of Trex fail, I couldn't get the shirt changed.. but oh well.

smile.png

rrr_img_30260.jpg

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It's less about the 'have it now attitude' and more about the 'I don't like sitting in trade channels all day attitude'.
Amen. Sitting in trade channels is for people with too much free time. I spent way too long doing that in D2 and have no desire to go back. If I wanted to spend six hours reading commercial spam instead of playing a game I'd just watch the inbox of a hotmail account.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I too, must agree. You have to carry items around with you if you want to sell aggressively and kill monsters with any efficiency. With the limited time I have to play, I can't be assed to spend time derping about in town.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think I understand both points of view but I have to say that I haven't sat in town to trade anything in PoE.. Ever.

I go herehttp://poe.xyz.is/, type in what I am looking for, select online only option, then contact a few offering chaos, alchemy, fusing, or whatever I can get away with. I usually try a really polite "Hello, will you accept 3 fusing for that lvl 47 rare 3-linked helm?" and even when I feel like I am severely low balling an item's worth the way I deliver the polite question is usually enough to get a polite answer leading to a fast closure of a deal. Sometimes they even list buyout prices in their shops which makes trading even easier.

Now there are times when I have gotten deals I know were great for me (2 fusing for an 11% quality spark that should have been 1-2 GCP) and there were times when I am pretty sure I paid to much but I wanted it so it was worth it. One thing I am sure of is that in D3 I rarely got deals this good as they were always snatched up.

I like the AH and I don't like it at the same time.