Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I guess there might be some shitty niche for twisting defensive auras in certain conditions. For example a boss phase with a bunch of aoe dodging, you switch your boots and start twisting purity of x and some other defensive aura even some of the shittier ones like vitality. Then phase is done, you switch back to normal boots. I guess for lab too, can twist regen+armor or regen+movespeed to do traps more easily.

Hopefully the duration isn't long enough that it'd be viable to twist 4auras, because that'd lead to some really stupid gameplay optimization. There's not going to be that many boots that can beat having hatred(if phys/cold)+anger+wrath+haste at the same time, if you can afford the buttons(and a bunch of the more simplistic one button builds can). I hope it's more meant to twist ~2auras with supports like generosity/empower.

It'd be cool for passive builds like summoner, but it's not like summoners have room for aura twisting though, with flesh offering/desecrate/convocation already eating slots for utility.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I've alyways thought 3 month league was too short but I have barely logged on the past two weeks. Did today, tried to do a safehouse, got killed twice and actually said fuck this and quit. But I'm excited to try something new next weekend.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe if the changes to inquisitor are interesting I'll try the whole divine arch type thing, but I also really wanted to do a freeze build, but holding out on picking a skill until more details on the self casting revamp.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think leagues are a bit short for me. Probably perfect for those that play more hardcore or, frankly, better skilled.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I seem to average 2 months in a league, but it also depends on the league. I noped out of beastiary pretty early for example, but stayed longer in delve.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I don't mind the waiting but it would be nice if they showed us the numbers so we can see what's been nerfed and what hasn't and plan something.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone posted notes on the interview Chris did about PoE this morning. Wasn't aware of any problems with trade or melee in particular.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I could work with 4 months leagues, I rarely go for the 36 challenges in 3 months. But I can see how the players drop away after 6-8 weeks, so 3 months is probably better overall.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Someone posted notes on the interview Chris did about PoE this morning. Wasn't aware of any problems with trade or melee in particular.
You must have never bought maps or crafting currency to think that.

Melee as a whole is not competitive with other skills, one exception aside. You can push spells or projectiles much higher per equal amount of currency with relatively lower risk. Note, this is not the same as saying melee can't do all content.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Melee is just Molten Strike right? Maybe double strike? They removed the rest I thought.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tectonic Slam is also pretty meta atm. MS is the boss killer, Tectonic for clear speed.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1551554377765.png

1551554403497.png

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think Uber atziri is the boss I've done the least. Since they have nerfed the gauntlets it's really not worth it to me IMO. I want my furry card!!

Melee has been in a rough spot for leagues and it only gets worse for most of those skills outside of the outliers of MS, Double Strike, BFlurry, etc and it gets even worserer for 2hand melee.

Caliane

I'll also point it out, as its usually noted.. Chris is the CEO. Company has well over 120 people. Chris not the greatest for asking real specific questions about the games balance, and intricacies. thats not his job. his job is running the company, being the figurehead, and collecting rare magic cards.
Forum - Announcements - Grinding Gear Games Staff Overview - Path of Exile

rory and Jonathan are the two most in charge of that kind of stuff.
not sure on Rorys job title. but he is in charge of skills, bosses, and league content. Jonathan is chief technical officer.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Alluring abyss frags dropped in delve last league but they didn't this one, unless i was really unlucky.