Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I kind of wish they’d flat cut down on the loot in general and make some uniques more useful. Hard balance since I do like that it’s about rares.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Chris Wilson is a huge fan of MTG's "shit cards so you appreciate good cards" design philosophy.

He'll be on Baeclast this Saturday, go to Tarke Cat's youtube channel and suggest some questions to ask him.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I kind of wish they’d flat cut down on the loot in general and make some uniques more useful. Hard balance since I do like that it’s about rares.

The lootsplosions of worthless shit is a turn off for new players, IMO. They could definitely streamline it. The fact you need a third party filter to play is bad.

Caeden

And really, there’s nothing wrong with the shit card approach, but I think he also is a big fan of “but it goes to 11.”

I’m seriously debating doing SSF this league and crafting a lot. With the “frozen” or whatever items, it seems you might could do a lot.

Caeden

Chris Wilson is a huge fan of MTG's "shit cards so you appreciate good cards" design philosophy.

He'll be on Baeclast this Saturday, go to Tarke Cat's youtube channel and suggest some questions to ask him.

Also, thanks! Managed to finish my goals last night using those scarabs. I’m an addict though so I’m still going to poke some shit tomorrow night and so on. Thinking about trying Uber Atziri. Got pretty close on Elder but lost focus on him. 30ish percent.

I also finished out a bow and loreweave for my ranger but goddamn she’s a glass cannon. Clear is amazing and ST dps is great but if you miss something she drops. Probably needs more life at 5000.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Well the Hall of the Grandmasters just melted with Occultist and I ended up doing the others so..

Uber Elder was hardest, went through lots of sets to get the kill. On my last portal on the kill set I rubber banded across the entire screen and I thought, fuck i'm dead but miraculously survived. Am pretty happy, even though it's this late in the league.

Untitled.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are pet classes AIDS-y to play? Like all these necro builds...

One guy I know plays one every single league and I refuse to group with him. I get pissed just recasting my heralds/auras so that gonna be a hard pass for me until they improve the UI system.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Never played one. Just watching the videos and streams of all the stuff running around would get annoying it seems after a while. Maybe it's just me, probably is. Stick to my one lonely golem lol.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think pet classes can ever be first class until they do something about convocation's cooldown. They might clear as fast, kill all content, be as tanky as the juggiest jugg, but those times where your pets are off being fucking idiots is going to ruin it all.

caveat: hyper aggressive melee-only minions(Dervishes and Ice Golems) kinda sorta work around this issue. Dervishes come with their own annoyances(Worm flasks) and Ice Golems honestly don't clear that fast.

Caeden

My first ever build was dom blow and HoP. Biggest issue was bosses without great adds. Jesus it sucked.

• 1Solidarity

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah hoping with this spell revamp they are going to do something about convocation. After using brand recall there really isn't a reason why convocation shouldn't be lowered.

Generally like pet builds though, multiple ways to go and are cheap outside of Golems(which aren't even that expensive compared to maxed out bow/molten strike builds).

Xevy

Log Wizard

Depends. Different pets have different AI levels. Spectres are arguably the "smartest" pet class. Solar Guards will fucking play the game for you. I've run a Spectre Necro with every league except this last one. They're amazing. Convocation gets reduced by Necro ascendancy and with the quality CDR on it now, it's pretty manageable. You can do it like every 4.4 seconds or something without CDR on gear or something. With the new enchant changes you could get Convo Cooldown reduction on your Bone Helmet too.

Endless Hunger unique jewel + spectres make mapping/delving too easy. They also keep adding little buffs to minions that spectres benefit from such as just a shit ton more damage with Spiritual Aid nodes and the Soulwrest staff is pretty nice if you're not going tanky. I ran a Soulwrest for lulzy clear speed and could clear an entire T14+ map in less than 2 minutes, boss included. When I started delving I wanted to get tankier so I just got a shield and a Sai I Bound fossil crafted with +80% minion damage on it. I got to something like 65/65 block chance and 2 curses on my necro with 6500hp and MoM.

Golems are good dmg potential, but retarded. Skeletons are the same. Zombies are mostly for meatshields. SRS are heat seeking missiles so they're better than the others, but they can't take hits for you. Spectres are truly in the sweet spot for summoners if you want an army. And you can generally run with multiple zombies/skeletons to accompany your 3-4 Specs.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Still got 4 maps to do.

Perandus
Vaal Temple
Dorinyani's Machinarium
Hall of the Grandmasters (this one can go fuck itself, i've never been able to do it any character). How the fuck does anyone do this? Tried on cyclone/coc and got buttfucked maybe occultist will have better luck. I don't want to buy a carry for it as that sucks.

You corrupt T15s for Vaal Temple? I've got a fair few cards but i've not bothered to map much as I spent nearly all league in the mine. Can't remember how I got it before.

Hall is ez. Pay someone 5c tops to run it for you. Done. Because yes, fuck that map.

Side note, the only way I know the beat it is to have a build specifically for it, something about really killing off all the regen or something. I don't know the specifics, because I just pay someone to run me through it, which they do in 5 seconds.

I ran Perandus several times, and incredibly got the 50% run speed boots every time. I was so disappointed that I didn't get a flask, well, until I realized its worthless now. Then I was happy, as the boots are apparently the only thing that drops in Perandus worth anything.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Looks insanely strong, but fucking miserable to use and not nearly enough skill buttons?

vyc4nyoyfdj21.jpg

• 1WTF

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks insanely strong, but fucking miserable to use and not nearly enough skill buttons?

That was my impression too. Assuming you want all 4 sockets being auras to make these boots worthwhile you just dont have enough buttons for vaal skills and other neccessities.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They basically make worse Vaal auras. It'll still reserve your mana, but give you a temp super aura. As a Necro that would be insane, but you're already full on skill gems and skill buttons. They really need to do some sort of skill chaining or UI overhaul. My necro had to shield charge, ball lightning for curse, then convo, and then desecrate corpses. All constantly. Adding in MORE shit to the rotation is very unfun and complicated. Especially during very technical fights like Uber Elder or something.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

vyc4nyoyfdj21.jpg

this is not the direction I like to see the game going

OP creep if you feel like going full autism with your keyboard, fuck that shit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
how does sulphite node sharing in a party work? like if i you a niko on my map and invite others into it, is it less sulphite at all for the map owner?

unrelated - ive only done carcass boss maybe 8 or 9 times this entire league and got 2 of the 6-link prophecy cards from him. obviously some luck but i think he may have a relatively high drop rate on that card maybe 5-10%