Path of Exile

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So far this league, most of my time seems to be spent just wishing Everquest TLP was out. Synthesis has been very underwhelming, especially from an item standpoint. Just like last league, most of my time away from maps seems to be spent in Delve or trying to get more sulphite.

The past two leagues have been pretty bad and I have 0 fucking idea why they decided to make Syndicate core. The mechanics as a league weren't that great, but as a "random" encounter now? Fucking awful.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah i spent an hour in aquaducts and got 1 card so quit it.

Game's really becoming bloated, feels like it's a bit too much mapping now. Intervention are still assholes and will be a problem on later stuff.

Delves been nerfed to shit, they are gating alot of it behind azurite and sulphite. it's considerably more time consuming to get light radius and resists up than before.

GGG are a good company and the game is great but they have real problems when it comes to balancing it all out.

I'm not sure how i feel about the new stuff, the crafting seems like a pain in the arse and having to keep all this shit just seems like a way to flog me more quad tabs.

You can also really see why new players are turned off, this games becoming EVE levels of complex.

Caliane

Right now my main experience with Synthesis is setting up my shit to get the achievements done early so I don't have to care later. I got the link 20 places with 2 boosts and 1 distant, that was pretty easy, now trying to get the clear one memory with 5 mods on a boost which isn't too hard but requires a lot of set up, I'm almost done but that fucker only has one charge so if I fuck it up I'll have to redo the whole thing, and some of these memories are retarded how fast they collapse or how there's like 1 good path and if you take any wrong turn you're super fucked.

Once I'm done I can just start linking random shit in one go and what not instead of trying to find the right pieces.

The loot has been god awful though, these fractured items are basically worthless unless they can lock a shaper/elder mod and the whole "chaos recipe" gameplay to get a new item with a potentially good implicit but mostly shit or with a shit base(getting 15% ES on non ES armor for example). And then when you do nexus memories you can't actually go back to sell so even if you get a ton of items you have to leave most of it, it just feels bad. And those chest memories are also fucking bad so far, I went to one that has 2 "valuable" chests and 4 other chests, and couldn't even tell what was the difference, it all just dropped random rares. It's weird they don't drop synthesized items in these tbh, it's just standard rares with no implicits, so there's really no fucking point at all. The currency/abyss/breach/whatever at least drop special stuff.

It all feels very unrewarding basically. Luckily since I haven't played in a while, I'm discovering shit like the mine, the beasts and the syndicate, so the league feels fresh to me.

Oh and fuck Aqueducts, fucking Humility cards not dropping for shit for whatever reason.
yeah. Synth paths decaying on you mid run, while back at the nexus is a huge no fun.

4 pathway memories. or the end zone ones, where you are racing to find the end, and yeah, deadends for instant loss is super un-fun. This one has a good amoung of RNG where, picking the wrong path is an auto fail. no way to outplay it. its just rng.

And yeah, the rares from crafting seem largely not remotely worth it.

Caliane

Such a useful video. I wish they explained this shit in-game.
Big takeaway here is. return to nexus mechanic is bugged.
To create long chains, and to keep your loot. Hoof it back every time, through your created chains.
If you manually run back through your created zones, they won't consume charges and decay on you.
When you do an special memory an tap the machine. collect your shit, and then just run into the blue. this will put you back at the entrance. and you can now safely run back through all the previous zones, picking up your loot as desired.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I would just like this opportunity to say: Atodaso when it comes to Delve and loot rain ruining future leagues for people because it spoiled people way too much.

That being said, synthesis does seem pretty mediocre. RNG crafting and 10 stash tabs needed to save up 3 of every single item type for synthesizing, meh.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Do you guys that farm Humility cards run blood aqueducts or the map that drops it (channel?)?

I got one off like the 2nd pack in blood aqueducts running through it on the story, may as well try for more.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Either works. I think a fair amount of people do it while farming blood aqueduct for exp

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I've not had time to start this league but wanted to try a storm brand, is there a particular build that's good for league start? Too many options with google search and I'm too n00b to understand the differences.

I was thinking I'd run storm brand into maps, then if I can find the time use the cash that makes to do a MS jugg.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do you guys that farm Humility cards run blood aqueducts or the map that drops it (channel?)?

I got one off like the 2nd pack in blood aqueducts running through it on the story, may as well try for more.
I do blood aqueducts since it's much earlier and you don't run out. It's just pretty fucking bad sometimes, I went an hour without getting a drop to begin with, but then it started dropping alright. I stopped at 6 cards and bought the remaining 3 cause I already spent way too long in there.

Caliane

now, heres what I am wondering... is Storm bursts DPS high enough, that I can run cast while channling lit warp in it. And NEVER STOP channeling it. There will be no build up, its just always at 9 balls bouncing around..

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Take it back about Delve it's only up top where it's all a bit weird. It's pretty much the same as it was before once you get down about 100 levels or so.

The only thing is you have upgrade the resistances and light radius slightly more often or seem to.

Anyways it's better once you get a bit deeper.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So am I missing something on the nexus shit? The whole point of it is to connect to memory modifiers, but to connect you have to run to those memory modifiers but you kill all the mobs on the way through to get there so whats the point of modifying your shit? Do mobs respawn when you re-enter and use another charge?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So am I missing something on the nexus shit? The whole point of it is to connect to memory modifiers, but to connect you have to run to those memory modifiers but you kill all the mobs on the way through to get there so whats the point of modifying your shit? Do mobs respawn when you re-enter and use another charge?
The point is to build up a big map, with every node you placed being "active" before you make the run to the Mod Island. When you click the Modifier, every single node you placed (and activated) will gain the Mod. You are limited to a "bank" of 10 nodes that you can place, which you get from doing the Memory runs you see out in the world. Once you place a node, it won't be "active" (and removed from the "bank") until you activate (stabilize) it by running to them (or linking the bridge to it). So it takes a bit of planning to make large maps to buff with the Mod Island.

The issue with this system, at the moment, is that you can get screwed by RNG with the island node collapsing super fast. And there appears to be a bug where the portal you can make back to the Nexus appears out in the "blue" no go zone, thus forcing you to run all the way back. Having to run back can be bad if you've been away from them too long and they respawn mobs... that will make you use consume one of its "uses".

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The point is to build up a big map, with every node you placed being "active" before you make the run to the Mod Island. When you click the Modifier, every single node you placed (and activated) will gain the Mod. You are limited to a "bank" of 10 nodes that you can place, which you get from doing the Memory runs you see out in the world. Once you place a node, it won't be "active" (and removed from the "bank") until you activate (stabilize) it by running to them (or linking the bridge to it). So it takes a bit of planning to make large maps to buff with the Mod Island.

The issue with this system, at the moment, is that you can get screwed by RNG with the island node collapsing super fast. And there appears to be a bug where the portal you can make back to the Nexus appears out in the "blue" no go zone, thus forcing you to run all the way back. Having to run back can be bad if you've been away from them too long and they respawn mobs... that will make you use consume one of its "uses".

OK I see what you're saying. That's pretty cool then. The crafting however is utter garbage. Also I wish you could stack up way more pieces. I'm sure some fixes are coming. It always takes a patch or two for them to smooth out the league. I'm just having fun building soul rend and trying new things out on my own for once.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I have an island that I have to use 6 pieces to connect to, set the outlines up in my nexus map, start running them... Get to the zone-in for the 6th piece which is the one that connects to the island and I can't activate it or use the stabilizer... Check one of the other stabilizers in the zone, and a goddamn island spawned to the left of my last piece and so I can't fucking activate to that piece unless I have a different fucking connector piece that I don't have.

WHY THE FUCK IS IT SPAWNING NEW ISLANDS TO FUCK ME OVER WHEN I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF RUNNING THE GODDAMN ISLANDS. SPAWN THAT SHIT WHEN YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING OUTSIDE OF THE NEXUS.

Sorry, really pissed me off to waste 6 of my memories and 20 minutes and can't even get my loot island now.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Bex posted on reddit/forums known issue about the loop going back to the nexus and the blue stuff coming in nodes before you can move and will be "looked at".

Xevy

Log Wizard
The Ziggy D video Mathil watched is pretty good. Basically the best plan of attack is linking up some big memory mods to your nexus. Then building a path off that nexus you'll actually run. It'll get all the benefits of all the connected mods, but if you don't run the other ones they'll keep juicing them.

The biggest gripe I have is the pieces. I get they want you to puzzlequest tetris this shit, but do we just not get any say in what shapes we get? I fucking never have the right 3-way path. Always have a hanging path that just fucks everything.

Also synthesized items are mostly worthless. The fractured items are much, much better overall. Basically gives you a locked affix for chaos spamming. Pretty major for shaping your character. The synth mods themselves are too underwhelming (so far). Like 4% max hp on a belt instead of 40hp from a leather belt? Okay. 3% cast speed on a ring instead of 32 resists? Nah. I'm probably good.