Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm getting a late start to the league but I'm confused as to why a lot of streamers are picking Occultist over Trickster for Bane. Is it just for the cheap Hexproof piercing? Is it because Occultist might be better than Trickster when finally transitioning into CI?

Profane bloom explosions is real QOL on something like bane which can usually be just large enough to cover a pack. Helps clear up any oblong or irregular pack shapes.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I picked Occultist becaus of easy ES. In retrospect, i think all the free casting speed on Trickster is better for Soul Rend. Fortunately, Bane has exceeded my expectations as a clearing option.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Occultist CI build with a tier 1 spell of your choice should have no problems doing in DPS/tank wise in under 2-3 days. Grinding the maps out though means either a group effort, or a lot of cash buying mass maps on the market to fill the atlas out enough.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Iirc our boy Korrupt Korrupt here runs with a pretty damn solid team and they go at it hard on top of solid gaming sense overall.

This aint how normies go at it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Michael Jordan of All Games not just EQ

also, is this accurate? atlas is so fucking confusing

This is pretty retarded and you shouldn't do it. It's the equivalent of trying to power farm story zones or low-level delves to make money, just doing it in maps for some reason.

His idea here is to exploit how the map drops work to farm a shit ton of the same low-tier map for some reason? That sounds like fucking cancer to me.

Nevermind this is just basic shaper orb strats, just with updated "ideal" maps to do it in. If you want the actual nitty-gritty if what he's talking about here go watch this and the rest in this series that EE made:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Korrupt the michael jordan of multiple games, baw gawd

i'll check that video out thanks. Fuck the amount of research you need to do in this game lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

i'll check that video out thanks. Fuck the amount of research you need to do in this game lol
To be fair the atlas stuff is only relevant if you want to farm currency(as in, LOTS of currency) or if you want to get to 100. For normal play you can just kinda wing it, shape the maps you like and trade the ones you get that you don't like to buy the ones you like. It's just if you shape your atlas properly you can run a map over and over without having to trade(for the most part), so it's a lot more efficient, but it also means you're well, running the same map over and over. Which is fucking annoying imo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

I would start out just following a build guide, get to level 72ish then start researching.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i've just just been winging it, i've done a few T8 and T9 maps already and probably wasted the two shaper orbs i got lol

Xevy

Log Wizard
299% increased leech has to be a fucking typo from whenever they made this mod I assume. It's literal immortality lol.

As Zhawk said, it's to counter the changes. Everyone ho-humped when they made it so you can only do 10% life in one leech, but they snuck in modifiers on items. So you still only get 10% per hit, but covering that 10% over time can easily be shorted to near OG -vaal-pact-levels if they've got more than just amulet affixes. It's pretty nice of them. Means people can keep their sick passive hp regen from shit like Chieftan and Jugg too.

The same can be said with %elemental as extra chaos. They nerfed the crafting recipe, but they added multiple affixes. You can get %cold, %fire, and %lightning damage as extra chaos as a natural affix on shields now. I think it goes up to at least 10%. Pretty nice.

Korrupt works with a group which synergizes really well for many, MANY reasons. Considering buffbots are immensely helpful as well as the +50% quant and rarity PER PERSON in team, you can very easily fill out your maps and get to guardians etc pretty fast. I think Ziz's team was technically able to do Uber Elder Sunday morning if they wanted, but they held out. For a game that for YEARS had very punishing mechanics for grouping (lots of abilities not stacking, low quant bonus per person, insane mob hp scaling) the last 4 or so leagues they've really buffed grouping. It's pretty neat, but usually their new league mechanics (delve was one PRIME example) are very group unfriendly. Memories aren't too bad except if the "owner" of a frag gets blued you can complete the whole mission, wait for it to decay, and you'll get no loot sometimes. Not always, but sometimes. So if my partner gets blued out early (fun bug) I make sure to pick up fucking everything I can.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
As far as occultist vs trickster, not sure which would come out on top for damage or tankiness but occultist is a bit more flexible. Can go the vile bastion route for more ES, withering presence for damage, or malediction for damage and extra curse/ignore hexproof and kinda pick any 2 of the 3 as you need it.

Trickster is kinda stuck going patient reaper to prolonged pain and ghost dance to escape artist (or sacrifice escape artist to grab 2 small nodes for a little more damage, definitely not worth vs escape artist IMO).

If I wasn't using ED then i'd say occultist is better but I really hate profane bloom for ed/contagion. If you're only using bane or soulrend then that negative goes away. Haven't messed with POB any to see if 3 curses on bane is stronger than 2 but it probably is, especially since you get a bit more defensiveness out of the 3rd on top of the damage (despair, tc, enfeeble).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Don't forget the main way to get to uber elder on day 2 or 4 mirrors by day 5 etc.: play 20+ hours a day from the minute league launches. Obviously you still have to know what you're doing and have a plan/teamwork but time investment is the biggest factor in anything lategame whether its stacking currency, getting to uber elder, getting to 100, getting 40 challenges, whatever.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So someone explain to me what I did wrong here, or is this shit just buggy? I was at red circle going for that memory modifier node, but hit full inventory so I made a nexus portal back to dump, and now I can't take my portal back? It gives me the "entering memory" thing up top, then times out and says my memory has collapsed, despite the memory my portal is going to being very obviously not decayed and still active? Now I have to burn a run off that entire path to get back to that modifier, and I don't even have a proper piece to replace the first memory with 1 charge left.

Edit: oh look, it's just a buggy pile of shit, cause I can't leave my memory nexus at all now and had to fucking quit the game. goddamn my salt levels are through the roof with this stupid league

fuck you nexus.PNG

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jumped on the Bane bandwagon, and I'm currently using this guys passive tree as a guide:

View Profile - Path of Exile - RaizQT

I just got up to and finised Whispers of Doom and Corruption nodes, but now I'm not sure which side would be more beneficial to concentrate on. Going down to the left for MoM (not sure the reasoning behind the dual wielding wand nodes) & the templar stuff, or head off to the right side towards hex master / atrophy / shadow area. Any suggestions?

Caliane

So someone explain to me what I did wrong here, or is this shit just buggy? I was at red circle going for that memory modifier node, but hit full inventory so I made a nexus portal back to dump, and now I can't take my portal back? It gives me the "entering memory" thing up top, then times out and says my memory has collapsed, despite the memory my portal is going to being very obviously not decayed and still active? Now I have to burn a run off that entire path to get back to that modifier, and I don't even have a proper piece to replace the first memory with 1 charge left.

Edit: oh look, it's just a buggy pile of shit, cause I can't leave my memory nexus at all now and had to fucking quit the game. goddamn my salt levels are through the roof with this stupid league

View attachment 198352
They were supposed to have fixed that. I was getting that happening since the start of the league, but after this mornings fix, it has been working.