Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think they mentioned they are working on at least some of the issues you have mentioned. This honestly seems par for course for a release.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The synthesis issue would be easily fixed by just not putting a cap on your pieces and letting them stack up by piece format. If I want to hoard 100s then use them all at once why not?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The synthesis issue would be easily fixed by just not putting a cap on your pieces and letting them stack up by piece format. If I want to hoard 100s then use them all at once why not?
It's because they have stats, so they can't really stack. They should have let you upgrade the amount you can hold or some shit though, 10 is too few considering it isn't guaranteed shit like Temple was with Incursion. Best way to do it I've found is to just replace everything at 1 charge. Plan whatever to "lock" the pieces and keep running until you find replacement for the crappy ones on the way then run that. It does waste pieces but seems more efficient than starting a route then fucking up half way because of a decaying area and getting nothing while also probably having more 1charge areas on the way now.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The decaying mechanic is just annoying for sure. I'm not sure why they feel the need to put in artificial difficulty like this., it just doesn't work sometimes and feels like they just add this shit to make things harder.

Ii hate timed stuff anyway, i don't find it very interesting.

Also this league is just a bit buggy.

Caliane

I'm coming to the conclusion, the only way to fix it. is remove the decay mechanic entirely. At which point you remove the key aspect of the league content, and you are just left with a lesser version of Incursion.

Edit: actually no. What this league NEEDS is the standing stones, and shit, from Zana maps. Tag markers to expand safe zones, etc.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fuck this league, I'm done with it until half a dozen patches or something

Building a new path, nexus portal back from blue circle before doing the memory modifier node. Take my nexus portal after emptying inventory and it shits me out to red circle because fucking reasons? Now that entire path that has been sitting there building modifiers forever is fucked because I can't replace this node I am on and it's gonna decay.

fucking nexus.PNG

b49.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Easy solution to fix nexus shit. Every map you get has one charge. Placing a map activates that map so you don't have to run through to place shit and activate it to get it out of your inventory and worry about the bug cucking you out of your "planned" path with a random popup node.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
It would be nice if you could put pieces that have entrances that are adjacent to a no-entrance piece. That would make this so much easier. Oh and the whole disconnect when trying to take the portal back to the map is kind of annoying.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Random crashes to desktop are really getting on my tits. Happens all the time in research, the nexus, and it's started to happen in delve too.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought the best way to go about the bridge building would be to save a path to the east say and then go around the other sides to get memory modifiers, then i noticed that the modifiers don't actually propagate the whole way even though stuff is connected. Some of the mods are crazy though like divine cards or even shaper/elder drops for exalt vendor trades. Makes me wonder what effect this will have on the economy.

And i agree there is so much stuff to do you never really get into the rythm of anything cause one league mechanic or another will either cap out or run out when you least want it so you always feel interrupted.

Caliane

Apparently there is a max on memory modifiers.
200 modifiers across all islands.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Still leveling up(I missed the weekend) and I finally got to try Bane last night. It's definitely powerful but I'm not sure I like it. I feel like if I have to stop moving to kill, I shouldn't have to aim(that much). I frequently get stragglers that quite clearly LOOK like they were in Bane's visual effect but didn't receive the dot nor curses. The skill already doesn't feel great because you have to apply 2-4 casts to clear a screen. I know that sounds ridiculous, but consider the relatively slow cast speed this skill will have compared to others. Adding more to get stragglers makes the skill feel even worse.

How have others dealt with these issues? I'm already considering switching to GMP-Soulrend for clear. Not sure for single target, probably gem swap.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Bane aoe looked pretty bi when I watched streamers play with it, and it popped all the mobs instantly under it. Honestly looked really strong but I haven't played with it, maybe you have to use increased aoe for it to feel good? Maybe leveled a bit more if you're still leveling you might not have high enough to see the full effect don't know.

Soulrend looks ok but the projectiles are slow as shit so it feels like you really want proj speed(even though technically proj speed also means you lose on damage per cast since the projectiles leave the target faster so there's less dot duration). It's a bit weird, looks ok-ish.

Btw if any of you fucks is doing red maps already, I need some two-toned boots, armor/evasion, i86 to craft shit, I'll buy them 15-20c, I just can't get someone who's not afk to buy some. Need to craft my spectre boots so I know what to buy for my ring and get all my gear finished.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
It's because they have stats, so they can't really stack. They should have let you upgrade the amount you can hold or some shit though, 10 is too few considering it isn't guaranteed shit like Temple was with Incursion. Best way to do it I've found is to just replace everything at 1 charge. Plan whatever to "lock" the pieces and keep running until you find replacement for the crappy ones on the way then run that. It does waste pieces but seems more efficient than starting a route then fucking up half way because of a decaying area and getting nothing while also probably having more 1charge areas on the way now.

My solution would be to have the memories have NO stats until you place them on the board. I don't care what stats they have when you run them, I didn't even realize they went into your storage already modded. Put them in there unmodded, allow them to stack, and mod them randomly when you add them to your board. SOLVED.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bane aoe looked pretty bi when I watched streamers play with it, and it popped all the mobs instantly under it. Honestly looked really strong but I haven't played with it, maybe you have to use increased aoe for it to feel good? Maybe leveled a bit more if you're still leveling you might not have high enough to see the full effect don't know.

Soulrend looks ok but the projectiles are slow as shit so it feels like you really want proj speed(even though technically proj speed also means you lose on damage per cast since the projectiles leave the target faster so there's less dot duration). It's a bit weird, looks ok-ish.

Btw if any of you fucks is doing red maps already, I need some two-toned boots, armor/evasion, i86 to craft shit, I'll buy them 15-20c, I just can't get someone who's not afk to buy some. Need to craft my spectre boots so I know what to buy for my ring and get all my gear finished.
Perhaps. I was really hoping to use Bane in a 4L to clear and apply 3 curses. Shoving increased area in there might be too much sacrificed dps.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
They can also fix some of these issues by auto opening nexus portals every time you activate a map and in the area if a decayed area. The fact you have to do shit like purposefully walk into blue and backtrack before instances close shows how rushed the implementation if this league was.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
My solution would be to have the memories have NO stats until you place them on the board. I don't care what stats they have when you run them, I didn't even realize they went into your storage already modded. Put them in there unmodded, allow them to stack, and mod them randomly when you add them to your board. SOLVED.
Honestly there's a lot of things they could have done to make it way less annoying than it is currently. I really hate it, first I have to constantly take breaks from mapping to go do the nexus shit, ok it's the league mechanic but it adds up with all the previous league mechanics(incursion temples, delve mining although this one is fun and just the whole atlas minigame when you're first leveling with getting elder to move in the right spots while doing the "daillies" shit).

And then it's a pain to run, you need the right pieces, you have to basically go to place in one try because otherwise you get shit that will decay next time which means you need to find replacements if you want to link the memory mods back through the nexus, that's assuming you don't get fucked by the decayed room setup which is TERRIBLE on specific tilesets(shit like solaris temple, vaal pyramid, the other vaal area with little bridges, really anything with bridges, prison and so on). You're constantly stressed about doing the side content "properly" and not getting fucked by RNG or planning ahead, when really it should be like, charge up your tiles, draw a path to where you wanna go and enjoy the ride for a bit.

It's just not very fun. It is pretty rewarding, kinda, not so much in terms of new league items, but in terms of currency/xp/old league stuff but it sucks to run it.

Sidenote got one of the side bosses to pop and fought him, but fucked up the "don't get hit achievement" cause that fucking thing spawned on top of me and somehow hit me in the 4seconds it took to kill the boss, zzz. Now I know I have to stand inbetween the little things instead of on top of them. Thinking of maybe bringing frostwall next time and just afk behind a wall while my summons kill the boss. It's not like I'm doing anything usually anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
it's a cool concept that was executed horribly, i stopped doing them entirely until they get fixed lol

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The fact I can't place and confirm an entire path from the nexus and then run it all in one go is pretty crazy to me. This whole doing it one node at a time then getting randomly dicked on by a newly spawned island is just the worst. Also not being able to directly curate the nodes I own is stupid too - making me place it, activate it, leave, then delete it from the map is just needless crap. Let me just delete that shit from my storage bank so I can farm pieces with the connectors I need.

That is all fixable logistics stuff though. I'm actively ignoring the mechanic entirely until they patch it though - I've had quite enough getting randomly ported out of my path to a new location, or my portal failing, or the blue crap eating me instantly on activating a reward node. It's just nothing but frustration given the amount of time and planning it takes to create some decent paths, so I'll come back to it after some updates. Not like there is a shortage of other content to do right now.

Speaking of other content though, surprising surprise Betrayal is fucking awful like everyone said it was gonna be? The intel gains for safehouses is a complete joke given how rarely you encounter syndicate members now. I'm gonna be level 93 and in red maps before I see a single safehouse, and even when I do find one oh fucking boy I get a couple mediocre chests full of nerfed scarabs and shit? You can't even reliably control your board with this new setup as you'll inevitably get 2 syndicate members with detrimental choices on them from an encounter, so you either have to fuck your board or leave them alone and give up the rest of your encounters for that map? I'm really not sure what world GGG lives in that they think the rewards from safehouses are good enough to justify the abysmal intel gain and random assfuckings you take from ambushes.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This guy is almost full-blown autistic when it comes to min-maxing currency gains per hour. And his results from testing 2 10 chains are pretty depressing.

I know I'm still leveling my first character, but this league is not rounding out well at all. I really like the sunstone portal effect, but these kind of results do not deserve money. Maybe if they turn it around quick.

That being said, all the changes they've made outside of direct league content are still quite considerable. Testing new builds is a lot of the fun I get from the game. I wish I could add a note to my supporter pack purchase.

• 1Like