Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Path of building is the only reliable dps check. Tool tip varies from skill to skill and is unreliable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah just imporrt your build to PoB and check the dps, make sure you check/uncheck all the boxes that apply in the calculations tab. Let us know what your dps is next week after you get done playing with PoB lol. Remember if you play like a totem build the DPS shown is per totem (I think). There's a pulldown to show how many stacks for stuff like blade vortex.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah DPS should be per totem, as well as per spectre if you're that type of build (and you have to Add Spectre and pick the NPC youre using).

TBH the 3rd party tools, while super useful and easy to use now that I know them all, are a turnoff for most new players.

Bandwagon Bandwagon if you see a build guide with a Pastebin link, that is for Path of Building and can be imported.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
That's weird. Everyone I know really liked incursion.

I can see why many people would drop that league early. I'm sure the game has a huge following of people that do not take it serious enough to use PoB or copy builds, and just wing it. If my unique snowflake build is bad for incursions for some reason (time to kill, ramp up, bad single target dps) and I fail many incursions, the league content becomes decidedly unfun. It's worse than Betrayal even where you always progress towards the safehouses, just slower if you fail the encounters. Too many fails in your 11 incursions actually also bricks your temple. Instead of just the same rewards slower, you get shit.

Incursion also didn't have many chase bosses. You fought the same boss at the top of every temple, architects were always there, and Atziri was elusive and also a "known" boss. The huge rewards were double corrupts and gem corrupts, both great for us but not that shiny to a less invested player.

So yea, I can see Incursion having low retention.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Incursion was alright. I think that was my first 37 league. And it was my first league to kill Uber Elder. So I probably look at it with more favorability than it deserves. The mechanic is fairly shallow. Who goes "Ooooh, an Alva mission!"?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I like running the temple and it's a neat design buit it's lucky heavy.

Sometimes it's just utter shite no matter what way you do the rooms.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If I could target corruptions, map, and currency rooms, Incursion would be rewarding which might up the excitement. It still wouldn't make the mechanic itself interesting.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I liked it because the first one I ran I got a bisco's at the altar of sacrifice.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The temple is just a mildly annoying “free” map that has good map returns. I don’t mind running it, gets me a few maps and breaks up the map grind. Shit rewards otherwise but PoE gonna PoE.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you can get the T3 corruption room, it is like playing the lottery though as well. For example I have a couple heatshivers I am hoping to use for the chance at a +8 skills hat.

Also.. I have tabs full of jewels that I have no idea what to do with. I know I could probably combine the viridian jewels to try and get lucky on a %life roll and decent attack skills but other than that, abyss jewels under lvl 81 and cobalt etc I am thinking about just throwing out.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Is Atziri in the temple the same as Alluring abyss? Whatever i do get from there sells fast though.

Good to farm now as the frags are really cheap. 40c a set or something.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think she's a step above Alluring Abyss. The most common thing is that people say her double Flameblast is even faster.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think she's a step above Alluring Abyss. The most common thing is that people say her double Flameblast is even faster.

Her loot table is normal atziri. But yea she's harder then uber depending on temple level and mods. You really only do her for a chance at a mortal fragment.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah she killed me in temple last league and the fight seemed harder, I thought it was just me.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I'm gonna level up a Voidfletcher/Arborix Pathfinder this weekend. EE has a good build guide and it looks fun and a good bosskiller. I'll go back to Soulrend and Nexus farming once my Atlas and achievements are completed.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
people should really watch this

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
If I cast Contagion with Intensity, does the Intensity buffs affect Contagion's chain area?

Not sure, it was hard for me to tell if the chains had the bigger AOE, or smaller in places like delve nodes where i'd stand still long enough to get the reduced aoe from multiple casts. I was using it as my 4th link anyways and don't see a reason not to unless you need a 4l for something else and can only spare a 3l for it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's been a pretty good weekend. First attempt of the league and deathless for:
  • Shaper plus anomaly challenge
  • Uber Elder(first ever deathless for me)
  • Level 83 Incursion Temple Atziri
Probably combination Trickster, DOTs, and retarded amounts of cast speed. Has me thinking I shouldn't upgrade from dual wield wands to the popular caster bow setup. ~0.22s cast time on flame dash is fucking nice.

• 1Like