Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So how rapey is Hall of the Grandmasters? Got a corrupted version out of that Corrupted Map div card handin. Never done it.

I'm an 88 Necro Summoner with spectres, about 4.5 mill DPS.

It's got some tricky mobs and you get every fucking debuff under the sun on you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Learning to use PoB was probably not a sound life decision for me to make. Now I can’t not check every goddamn item combo in the world to see if it’s better by 5 more dps.

• 1Solidarity

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Enjoy losing 12 hours when they release patch notes for an upcoming league cause you're spending the whole day figuring out your build.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So how rapey is Hall of the Grandmasters? Got a corrupted version out of that Corrupted Map div card handin. Never done it.

I'm an 88 Necro Summoner with spectres, about 4.5 mill DPS.
As far as I've tested(and it's little), it's basically undoable as a summoner, because it uses pvp rules and they made minions specifically garbage in pvp to prevent "boring" gameplay or whatever. Basically a bunch of the masters you'll just stomp, and then some will start shitting permanent aoes and instantly kill all your minions over and over without being able to damage them, while they have 15k ES or 12k hp with high regen. There might be some sort of summoner that can, but it wasn't skeleton/spectre.

It's an easy map for certain builds and impossible for others due to how it's designed.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah it's impossible for some builds.

I didn't know that about the minions, they should remove that - who pvps in poe?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't know why, just can't get excited about this league. Not really about the mechanics everyone is griping about really. I have enough ex in the stash to make a decent get going build but just meh at the moment. My started build got 5 ex in one of the first maps he ran. Been sitting there ever since.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'm kind of in the same boat, the only thing left for me that i want to do is kill uber elder.

The nexus mechanic really doesn't fit into a game like poe for me. I just want to zone in kill some shit and get some loot or whatever as fast a possible in the time I have. Pissing around with routes and mods and stuffs a bit of a hassle and breaks up the play.

It's a bit of shit league. I'm really hoping they do something simple next league and take this as a lesson learned.

The lag issue seems to have resolved itself for me, they didn't patch it (well did but that never fixed it) but i downloaded the game a second time and installed it on my 2nd SSD drive and it's not lagging on that.

Maybe it was the cached files or something.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've been liking the nexus now that the rewards are there. It takes a bit to figure out the paths, but it still feels worth it. And I like the "hurry" that decay can add to zones. It does help that I'm playing a Trickster with tons of cast speed, so this has to be one of the fastest builds barring MF QoTF builds.

Synthesizing, however, can fuck off.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looking for advice from ED/Contagion players. I'm considering eventually transitioning to the popular bow setup for ED but I'm still hesitant for a couple reasons. The bow offers less cast speed than two wands.

And I'm actually not sure how to best utilize the 6L in my chest that ED would vacate. Contagion easily benefits from 3 supports(Intensify, Inc AOE, Arcane Surge) and I could add a Faster Casting, but I'm really stretching it for the last support. I could put my self cast blight in there, but I was also planning on putting that in a Hungry Loop.

Oh, and why is no one using Vaal Righteous Fire? I understood why when I was EB-MoM. To support LL characters, they stupidly made a change to VRF that it will take completely from energy shield before taking from life. Thus, if you're EB-MoM, activating VRF empties your casting resource! But if you're not EB-MoM(and I guess not hardcore) and do spell damage, why wouldn't you use VRF?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah, iv'e been running it alot as it's so rewarding.

I just don't like it very much overall compared to the rest of the game. The decays alright but sometimes rarely it fucks you up so bad cause of layout. I can live with it now though as 3 and 4 pieces are more common.

I'm thinking part of my lethargy is playing vortex, it's decent but it's super boring compared to something thats direct damage rather than dot.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone on reddit said Chris has said in the past the retention thru the league of incursion was really low. I guess I'm the only one that liked incursion. Got the furthers in any league I've done in the last 1-1/2 years I've played. Shaper down and such, no uber elder tho - didn't try tho.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Someone on reddit said Chris has said in the past the retention thru the league of incursion was really low. I guess I'm the only one that liked incursion. Got the furthers in any league I've done in the last 1-1/2 years I've played. Shaper down and such, no uber elder tho - didn't try tho.

That's weird. Everyone I know really liked incursion.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Do you guys input the build codes on PC and get s projected path or something? Is that possible on ps4?

Most players use path of building to plan/follow their builds. It's software for the PC that's what the codes are for.

It's a mock up of the skilltree and you can add/remove points and it will calculate the values. it also allows you to input gear/gems so you can get an idea of what you're endgame build will play like.

You can also do cool stuff like break a build down into various levels say 1-20, 20-40, 40-60 etc so you can plan levelling builds and the respeccing of endgame points (alot of people play a skill to level up with and then switch later on towards the end game).

If the guide you follow has a code then it's for that. So you can use a pc to load it into.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do people generally only do heavy +levels caster bows if they're only casting one spell? I've been trying to compare the bow setup to a dual wand setup. The gain to ED, which I didn't really need for clearing, it was already at 1M dps, is lost by Blight. On top of that, dual wands has a ton of cast speed.