Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The range on Cyclone looks nutty. I wonder if this is another case of poor showcasing and even a decent attempting as maximizing AOE will be able to push it much farther.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some maxed aoe shit for sure, but I guess they tweaked some other stuff, probably half revert the aoe nerf AGAIN for melee skills. They don't display too many aoes but a few looked pretty big. That said on every gameplay shot in the talk part, you can see the supports and they all have Increased AoE in there. Which is fine imo, even as caster you will use increased aoe often if your skill can be supported by it, and just switch it to conc for bosses(when needed). Might be some Slayer increased aoe shit too mixed in there.

Fairly excited, although I'll be out like 2 and a half weeks after launch to prepare for FFXIV, so hope I'm done with challenges and shit.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
ZIggyD video up going over stuff in a little more detail:

I bet the AOE on that cyclone is due to the new Rage mechanic.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
How did "incubating" make it to the final draft? That was the best word they could come up with?

Instant turn off in the video when he said "symbol over their head" just a huge turn off from WoW days heh. I thought the league was going to be geared toward melee and fixing stuff. I'll have to wait and see how it turns out. First impression, more gimmicks.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Animation cancelling, what exactly does that mean? Multistrike wont suck dick now?
Multistrike doesn't suck now, you just need tons of attack speed!

Animation cancelling usually means you can interrupt a skill with a (usually different) skill before the animation would normally finish. The intent is to let you get out of harm's way quicker, not more dps.

Borzak Borzak WoW did not pioneer that.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Animation cancelling usually means you can interrupt a skill with a (usually different) skill before the animation would normally finish. The intent is to let you get out of harm's way quicker, not more dps.

Yeah, but I got tired of it then.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Watching this atm, it's a podcast but they have Jonathan from GGG explaining a lot of the changes directly on his dev client. For example he explains how the instant movement skill works out. Basically the delay is added as a hidden cooldown after the skill is used, so if you repeat the skill, it'll be delayed longer, which gives the same speed for moving around as currently live, but it gives a much faster reaction when you're using movement skills to dodge stuff.

Edit: Finished watching, was really informative. Seems they are changing a lot of core things, they changed how their distance system is calculated, which led to changing how the pathfinding is calculated, and now it's 8directions instead of 4 so it should make pathfindings in various cases like weaving into monsters or using movement skills near edges a lot more fluid. Also the animation changes they're doing makes it so the animation follow the movement of the skills kinda, so for example if a mob is swinging left to right, if you dodge right you have more time to avoid it than if you dodge backward, shit like that.

Lots of preview of changes too like bleed/poison changes(no details just that they're changing some), physical damage and melee damage will have bonus to stunning while casting and elemental will have penalties, support gems for each weapon type, 2 new movement skills for low lvl(dash for melees and an undisclosed one for casters), a low level defense skill(maybe another I'm not sure) that negates a lot of damage for a short time up to a treshold and molten shell is changed the same way but scales the treshold on armor so armor stacking with molten shell actually gives relevant mitigation against bosses. He shows how cyclone works with weapon range and that's probably the big ass cyclone shit that they've shown, if you use a 2H with the weapon range stuff, unique, tree and what not you'll get the big cyclones. Shield charge will use shield damage like Shield Throw and apparently that's being adjusted too. The new dash when used with Shift(hold still default) will instead dash backwards and he talks about how they're thinking about using that for other skills too as a modifier.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Looks really good, time for me to roll up a melee and play this league to check it out. I also like how they toned down the league mechanic to be more simple shit like they had before. When does it release, june 8th? Perfect timing to play until wow classic releases.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Welp, so much for me going a cheapass caster this coming league! I'll still probably start Occultist with Vortex or something, but shit if I aint ready to do a jugg or champion or some shit. Would LOVE a boost to something that would play well with Templar melee, but I doubt that's happening.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider

Yeah getting out of harms way is the shitty part of multistrike, being locked in. I pushed attack speed hard but still, the way the game plays for non molten strikers is you must move every .25 seconds or you die. I can attribute just about every death to, well you attacked twice asshole, you know better. Mostly my fault but I've been accidentally locked in more than a few times.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I did dom blow, but everything melee templar seems subpar to jugg or champion.
As a newish player, the defensive luxuries afforded by certain ascendancies is definitely going to be painfully missed. Templar will always be an offensive ascendancy and you'll learn to cope without jugg or champion as you get better. 3.7 seems to help a lot too.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
As long as you pick up some armor/hp nodes and stack more armor/hp on gear you should be fine DEF wise. Especially with new patch from what they said. You should aim for about 180% ish from tree in life, maybe less if you feel confidant.

But it seems from what they are saying that phys does more dmg now vs elemental and bleed rework, why not go with Jugg or Champion and just go all out on bleeds and phys dmg.?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The range on Cyclone looks nutty. I wonder if this is another case of poor showcasing and even a decent attempting as maximizing AOE will be able to push it much farther.

Shitty thing about cyclone has always been the speed. It feels so slow unless you stack the shit out of run speed.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Shitty thing about cyclone has always been the speed. It feels so slow unless you stack the shit out of run speed.
Overcoming Cyclone's 30% less movement speed isn't that hard. The annoying parts to me was the non-channeling aspect(fixed) and maximizing the "double hit" mechanics of the build(not fixed?). Cyclone may feel slow, but moving while killing is almost always the fastest way to clear in PoE.