Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Where do people normally get builds? I've always been pretty lazy. I had to give up on my cyclone build for reasons not related to the game. The official forums are the only ones I've used and it seems like a lot of them are just the same builds over and over and get updated each league.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
What type of build do you want to play? I usually start with that in google if I have no idea how to make it work.

Borzak

I guess I'm going to do he ED/Contagion again. I couldn't play cyclone cause I had issues keeping the cyclone key down all the time, not game related. Just grabbed one from reddit. Didn't realise they had sub just for builds. Just Ziz league starter build. He had a video on it but I never watch his stream or videos so saw it linked on reddit.

Yeah I got the cyclone build by using google. Seemed like an OK build that was done on the forums.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Where do people normally get builds? I've always been pretty lazy. I had to give up on my cyclone build for reasons not related to the game. The official forums are the only ones I've used and it seems like a lot of them are just the same builds over and over and get updated each league.

I find the best thing to do is go to poe.ninja and look under the current league (i use the hardcore league normally as i like to not die). Find your skill, see what gear and gem setups people are rolling with in the top end of the game.

It's much better as if you have problems or dont like a particular aspect of your build you can find someone else with a slightly different setup (especially for defenses), roll with that and see how it feels.

Plus their trees are often better optimised than the board builds and also the world and his wife aren't reading it and following it step by step so it opens up a choice of gear.

I'd say it's a stepping stone in between following an ABC board guide and creating your own. It's really good if you have a basic understanding of what does what in the game. But it requires a bit of thought so it's not 100% lazy but you'll get much better results than 90% of the boards builds.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Inpulsa mob splode will work with Kitava feast equipped? Prob jump in after another patch.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For fucks sake. Not sure if I dont care because I haven't had anything of consequence drop from those encounters or if I should care because I'd be getting drops from those encounters if I could full clear them.
It's likely a moot point. If you go for the generals and mobs with symbols, you're likely getting 90% of the loot that a full clear would get.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I only did low lvl ones and seems like a lot of them were in hallways and such. Blah. Just moved on. I'm sure in mapping you get them in the open a lot.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, getting both sides in a place like Flooded Mines or Cursed Crypt is really annoying. Don't shape those maps!

Needless

Toe Sucker
lmao that VIN video is wild.

I'm pretty bored of my bladestorm gladiator so im rolling a flicker strike slayer to try it out, i might end up doing a ice nova build that people are running as well though, both look pretty neat!

yeah fuck it im gonna make an ice nova assassin. Kinda dumb to have a gladiator and a slayer in the same season lol

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, getting both sides in a place like Flooded Mines or Cursed Crypt is really annoying. Don't shape those maps!
Speaking of shaped maps what are the go to maps now? Got first two fragments but been sitting on them.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
lmao that VIN video is wild.

I'm pretty bored of my bladestorm gladiator so im rolling a flicker strike slayer to try it out, i might end up doing a ice nova build that people are running as well though, both look pretty neat!

yeah fuck it im gonna make an ice nova assassin. Kinda dumb to have a gladiator and a slayer in the same season lol
This sounds cool. Just started leveling a duelist but still low enough to make easy adjustments. What have you been looking at for flicker builds?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of shaped maps what are the go to maps now? Got first two fragments but been sitting on them.
Shape what you want to run. It's mostly subjective, based on your build and playstyle preferences. If you're going to setup a longterm Elder map farming session, then it becomes a bit more important. But until then, just shape what you like.

Also, do NOT shape maps until you've completed the atlas bonus for the tier that the map would end up. The shaped map becomes part of that tier's drop pool, so it inherently competes with natural maps as drops, making completing your atlas harder.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
WTB advice / fixes.

• You're running 2 curses without the ability to use them both. Pick vulnerability out of those 2.
  • You should get the scion life wheel somehow. Unless you're married to it, I'd ditch impale nodes for those. PoB says they're crap, but it could be bad calcs on PoB's part? Not sure on that one. If you don't want to ditch the impale stuff then you'll have to choose some damage nodes.
  • Especially since you're running brutality, you should run blood and sand and flesh and stone and roll around in blood stance for huge dps. Pride... I'm not sure is worth it yet, it seems not worth it for that much mana reservation (so far).
  • Get a lion's roar at least. You may want to check PoB to see if it's worth it to run Atziri's flask vs brutality.
  • Looks like you're going max range on cyclone, you might consider swapping out increased aoe for something else, infused channeling for example.

I'm probably missing some obvious stuff, but that's what I've got. I yield the floor to more expert opinions

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Started up a cyclone slayer cause may as well. Pretty fun so far, really smooth to play with the channeling. I’m going to assume that the Tabula + random levelling uniques are giving me a false sense of power. The extra mob health is unnoticeable now, it’s cutting rares down like its pre patch.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Curse limit

By default, creatures can have one curse active at a time.

Fuck me. Well thats going to fix my mana issues. Lol. Being a casual at this game, and skipping leagues, there are a ton of things I forget.

The impale nodes are good for single target / bosses etc, afaik. More life would be nice, going to pick up the life / dps on the far left side of the tree and finish that out. Planning on taking this guy to 95?

Lion's roar, I would but that knockback etc is bleh, dont want to chase shit. I definitely need to fix my flasks, but havent found one I really want. Using the quicksilver / crit ones to cap out resists right now.

JUST got the 5th link on my chest, was testing the increased AoE. Seems ok, helps with clearing out the legion stuff. But I dunno, at T5 maps I'm still 1 and 2 shotting regular mobs, and melting bosses insanely fast.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
PoB doesn't calculate impale btw. If you have high % to impale and high attackspeed it can be really strong but kinda depends. Great for cyclone though.

Knockkback isn't so bad on cyclone since it doesn't push stuff too far and basically prevents a lot of stuff from being able to attack you.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Holy flame totems are great but the playstyle isn't very good for me personally. It's not very smooth and they are not that good for the legion content (even with the extra fire stream enchantment). It just makes it arkward when you need to get rid of the harder mobs first when they pop after the initial encounter. That aside they are pretty good for bossing and I could definately see an easy shaper kill down the road with them. Just this league mechanics a bit weird to use them.

Think i'm gonna have to either reroll this cheiftan or roll a melee over the next few days and grab it while it's hot.

I dont' want to roll cyclone as i've played it before, what's the other flavours of the month?