Path of Exile

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah yea it's not an actual resist reduction I guess.

How does flesh and stone interact with having a maim link in your main skill? Does the 7th link maim from a chest override flesh and stone maim, or does it still count for the increased damage?

From my build guide:
Why do you link Maim with Flesh and Stone?

The Flesh part of Flesh and Stone applies maim with a "Enemies Maimed by this skill take #% increased Physical Damage" modifier - We use this together with Maim - Which has been changed to support anything that applies maim, to get an even bigger bonus.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What does a foil get you over a good 2H sword? +1 range?

Top end foils win for raw DPS if you're crit. Plus, streamers do it so duh.

It's mostly personal preference vs a good 2h and a Kaom's or like an insane 6l Warchief. Nerds keep buying them though so I keep making them.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
First time corruption altar has done anything other than "poof", "wreck" or nothing. Normal 6link ones are like 6ex. How much extra are people willing to pay for white sockets? I'm guessing not that much.

I was considering tryin a carcass jack for a while so i bought it for 20c and 6linked it in 250fusings so i made some profit on it so its good in that way but damn if the -15 mana cost fossil craft i got on my regular chest isnt too good to give up, or atleast i didnt feel like even crafting - mana cost on my rings to give this a go. Atleast not whitout a good corruption hence the visit to the altar.

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Assuming Rite of Ruin for all Berserker builds. And the slayer belt. If you take Blitz, Berserker is *much* more attack speed, +20% move speed, more reasonable uptime of Berserk, and higher dps. If you use Inc AOE on the Berserker, their dps and AoE are close to equal while the Berserker maintains crazy attack speed and slight move speed advantages.

If you take Aspect of Carnage, Berserker trumps Slayer dps even more, but loses most of the attack speed advantage. I don't like AoC.

Honestly, it's the existence of Soul Tether and no real strong belt alternatives(fuck off HH) that makes this scenario kind of stupid. If Slayer or Scion was the only way to get Slayer leech, I'd probably be playing Slayer too.

I'm sure Ill end up rolling one up since there are only two more months left of path of cyclone. Just did a shaper to see how my dps felt. Easily as good as my old 8mil tec slam build, probably even a little better, I didnt previously kill the void guys at the end of the gauntlets as fast as I just did. Thats with my shitty farm T2 legion set up. The legion fights in the guardian maps were easy but if I were doing it all the time I'd definately switch to the soul tether timeless jewel set up for some security. That and fuck lion's roar, I kept it in because no way would I ever remember to switch it in for boss fights but that shit will get me killed mapping against legion rares.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider

I kind of switched from Lacerate to Cyclone on my Berserker. 8.3m with Berserk up. Utmost Might was taken cause I got a Timeless jewel that gives me intimidate. Biggest change was going from Blitz to Aspect of Carnage as I didn't really need the attack speed anymore. AoE radius is up to 36 with Pulverize only so it's decent. My rings are definitely not meant for Cyclone so I gotta decide if I'm gonna stay cyclone permanently I'll invest into some non-garbage rings.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure Ill end up rolling one up since there are only two more months left of path of cyclone. Just did a shaper to see how my dps felt. Easily as good as my old 8mil tec slam build, probably even a little better, I didnt previously kill the void guys at the end of the gauntlets as fast as I just did. Thats with my shitty farm T2 legion set up. The legion fights in the guardian maps were easy but if I were doing it all the time I'd definately switch to the soul tether timeless jewel set up for some security. That and fuck lion's roar, I kept it in because no way would I ever remember to switch it in for boss fights but that shit will get me killed mapping against legion rares.
What's the Soul Tether timeless jewel combo?

Why the hate on Lion's Roar?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I kind of switched from Lacerate to Cyclone on my Berserker. 8.3m with Berserk up. Utmost Might was taken cause I got a Timeless jewel that gives me intimidate. Biggest change was going from Blitz to Aspect of Carnage as I didn't really need the attack speed anymore. AoE radius is up to 36 with Pulverize only so it's decent. My rings are definitely not meant for Cyclone so I gotta decide if I'm gonna stay cyclone permanently I'll invest into some non-garbage rings.

Shitty place for a Timeless Jewel. That slot should be for Transcendent Flesh.

Blitz might be too much on a dual wield setup.

y u no impale?

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Things die in 1-shot 99% of the time and shaper dies in 2s, I ain't got time to impale. Don't want the crit multi jewel there cause it costs me too much life in strength.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
What's the Soul Tether timeless jewel combo?

Why the hate on Lion's Roar?

You can use a doriyani jewel and it corrupts the keystone to give 20% of life as extra ES. Soul Tether gets 5%? extra on top and lets slayers save points on leech.

Lions roar makes the legion rares moonwalk backwards and their most dangerous attacks are ranged. When it combos with the proximity shields it's a pain in the ass.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Things die in 1-shot 99% of the time and shaper dies in 2s, I ain't got time to impale. Don't want the crit multi jewel there cause it costs me too much life in strength.
I would love to PoB these jewels. I'm assuming you're getting more than just strength from them? What's a good way to test them? I haven't really looked into them.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
It gives me strength on every node, 15% multi, 30% melee crit, and 10% intimidate. So perhaps slightly less damage overall but I gain about 250 hp and intimidate.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the Karui jewels are nuts. The one I have in the socket up in the west near the big axe wheel is like 20% bonus str on every str node, 5% double damage chance on strong arm, bunch of crit multi and some %life regen.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I kind of reached a wall. I need to make some gear changes in almost every spot. Not a fan of the market tho :(

I'm making progress on the map but it's slowed down and I still get one shot every so often by someone out of view. Going to work on my cyclone range and see if that helps.

Are people use molten shell as opposed to immortal call. Was reading up on it today looks like it has possibilites. Most likely the build I was following as a rough guide was made before league came out.

I haven't done my uber lab so that might help. I'll have to get off my ass and do it.

Borzak

I'm gonna give molten shell a go. I put iron reflexes in PoB and armour went from 9300 to 10,100. That's with 4 nodes total to get to it and use it. Dunno. I get 3k armour from Lion's roar flask. 1300ish from chest armor. I don't even know what's a good armor to shoot for. I had immortal call before.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Vaal Molten Shell (self-cast only) is very, very strong. 80% of armor as an absorb shield AND it is off cooldown with all the other guard skills (Steelskin, Immortal Call, and regular Molten Shell). So you just break a Legion, then head for the bigguns and pop VMS and win the game with your effective doubled health pool.

Borzak

I mentioned this in chat but had to log because of freezes, gonna change servers. Anyway, when you put an incubater on an item didn't it used to show kill totals and say what incubater it was. Now it just shows kill totals but doesn't show what it is. Anyone else notice that.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I’m back from vacation. What’s the melee hotness now? I was thinking berserker cyclone. Two plus weeks behind.