Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No adrenaline suffix hurts. And I don't see how you're self cursing without Shackles.

Are dual foils better dps than 2H Sword? Or are people using that JUST for the extra area. I can't get a PoB where dual foils beats 2H sword for pure dps.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I don't roll Kaom's, so I bet that's it. I have seen several people running my setup without Kaoms, so I guess they all suffer from it. As I said its not bad, it goes nice and quick, but other times it seems like I just never get moving quick.

View Profile - Path of Exile - RexieRabbit

How is headhunter whitout the self temp chain + solstice vigil and stuff like that? Is it still worth to get?
Also, unless i'm missing something that prevents you to you should definetly get some curse on hit corruption on your gloves or ring suffix. Vulnerability corrupt on shapers touch gloves (4link) is only 15c for example.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
No adrenaline suffix hurts. And I don't see how you're self cursing without Shackles.

Are dual foils better dps than 2H Sword? Or are people using that JUST for the extra area. I can't get a PoB where dual foils beats 2H sword for pure dps.

Well when I say self-cursing, I just mean the amulet. It's not temp chains, but it slows you down in a similar fashion. I don't run both amulet + temp chains, just the one which seems good enough for me, clearing beach elder takes 30-40 seconds and since I always run at least 1x beyond, so long as I can initially move fast-ish on the 4-5 packs at the entrance then I'm good. It's when those packs give 0 movement is when it starts taking longer and leap slam has to come to the rescue heh.

I find dual foils 10 times better than a 2H axe, but don't know about 2H sword. I was actually having a really hard time getting the build working AT ALL with a 2h axe, to the point I just ditched the entire 2H setup spent 60 regrets, respeced, sold off my disvavor/atziri's acuity/etc. It was awful, but I wouldn't put it past me doing something wrong. I could barely clear a tier 14 map with it. However, the moment I switched to the foils, everything fell into place beautifully. The only pieces of armor changes between the two were the amulet and the gloves.

How is headhunter whitout the self temp chain + solstice vigil and stuff like that? Is it still worth to get?
Also, unless i'm missing something that prevents you to you should definetly get some curse on hit corruption on your gloves or ring suffix. Vulnerability corrupt on shapers touch gloves (4link) is only 15c for example.

It's still nice, I mean, it's a fuckin' headhunter. The thing with solstice and/or temp chains is that you're able to keep your buffs up longer. I think this matters more in a 5-emblem fight than it does clearing maps.

Good call on the gloves, I'll give that a check.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well when I say self-cursing, I just mean the amulet. It's not temp chains, but it slows you down in a similar fashion. I don't run both amulet + temp chains, just the one which seems good enough for me, clearing beach elder takes 30-40 seconds and since I always run at least 1x beyond, so long as I can initially move fast-ish on the 4-5 packs at the entrance then I'm good. It's when those packs give 0 movement is when it starts taking longer and leap slam has to come to the rescue heh.

I find dual foils 10 times better than a 2H axe, but don't know about 2H sword. I was actually having a really hard time getting the build working AT ALL with a 2h axe, to the point I just ditched the entire 2H setup spent 60 regrets, respeced, sold off my disvavor/atziri's acuity/etc. It was awful, but I wouldn't put it past me doing something wrong. I could barely clear a tier 14 map with it. However, the moment I switched to the foils, everything fell into place beautifully. The only pieces of armor changes between the two were the amulet and the gloves.

It's still nice, I mean, it's a fuckin' headhunter. The thing with solstice and/or temp chains is that you're able to keep your buffs up longer. I think this matters more in a 5-emblem fight than it does clearing maps.

Good call on the gloves, I'll give that a check.
You might be right on the double beyond then. I've never use a HH, so I'm kinda useless here beyond basic theorycrafting.

I did not find 2H Axe as good as 2H Sword in PoB. However, Atziri's Acuity should work in all crit cyclone builds. I plan to weapon swap to that 2H axe to get Rampage going and then that's it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea I’d love to comment on Hh but I’ll never be in that group that can buy one. My income every league is ‘too much to know what to do with but not nearly enuf for a hh’ so I’m left pondering what overpriced watchers eye or something else marginally fun to blow my spare currency on. It’s kinda stupid, I wish they had more 5-15 ex chase items

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So I crafted something. First item in 2 years. Someone in guild chat talked me into it. I think total with the base and resonater I have 35-40c into. I had the fossils. Go ahead and laugh but it's something I can use. I know there's 1,000 better ways to do it or make something 100x better. Still pretty happy. I only needed life and some small resist. I needed to recolor since I wanted to try something else and I've been using a corrupted one.

Anyway a quick run thru trade macro says 1.4 to 2.2 ex. It's probably worth 35c but I'm happy with it and will use it. Said in chat a while back my only goal this league was to craft something I could use.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
[Ignoring HH, though I have seen builds like the one I use with a HH too...] Is normal cyclone actually better than CoC? I mean, with almost all the pieces put together for CoC it's goddamn ridiculous. I might not have quite as much cyclone radius, but since I'm covering the screen with fbolts and novas it doesn't really matter. I'd really like to swap to a Devoto's for the extra movespeed somehow, I feel like the build would be just about perfect then.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
[Ignoring HH, though I have seen builds like the one I use with a HH too...] Is normal cyclone actually better than CoC? I mean, with almost all the pieces put together for CoC it's goddamn ridiculous. I might not have quite as much cyclone radius, but since I'm covering the screen with fbolts and novas it doesn't really matter. I'd really like to swap to a Devoto's for the extra movespeed somehow, I feel like the build would be just about perfect then.
The major difference is the requirements of CoC make you pay in build rigidity and defense. CoC might make that up with the selection of spells lead to a significantly different gameplay. But since the nerf Arc's chain range, it's really hard to feel like CoC offers something much different than regular Cyclone.

For example, can you build an optimized CoC character without Assassin? Can you build a tanky character based on high HP and armor?

One more difference that may or may not be minor: you can easily outscale the area on Ice Nova and especially Shock Nova such that it hits far beyond your trigger Cyclone. Sounds great? Well, it means the CoC character has to get closer than the Cyclone character to do damage.

Vorph

I'd say no to both of those, but I never play tanky characters anyway. I find it easy to dodge one-shot mechanics since I'm always moving anyway, so ES on hit is enough to make me nigh invulnerable to everything else. Lab isn't a whole lot of fun to do with the build, but I'm sick to death of lab anyway. That shit is about 10 leagues overdue for a total revamp, but instead it just gets shittier and shittier as they add more skills every league to clutter up the enchant pool.

One more difference that may or may not be minor: you can easily outscale the area on Ice Nova and especially Shock Nova such that it hits far beyond your trigger Cyclone. Sounds great? Well, it means the CoC character has to get closer than the Cyclone character to do damage.
You lost me on that part. I pretty much just have to leap to one back row while they're spawning, clear the icon ones, then leap/do a quick cyclone to the other back row, and the novas take care of everything in between (on a map like Glacier). That's without a Carcass Jack still, so I'm missing some AOE size. I do use a Zeel, but I don't think it actually triggers on the mobs while they're in stasis(?).

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Assassin can be very tanky, I took my coc ice nova assassin to 875 in the mine solo. Just a cospri's and a loreweave. He did everything in the game except for uber elder which I didn't know how to do back then.

Fair dos' all my gems were 21 etc and it's had a slight nerf since betrayal.

It's a great build but normal cyclone is stronger if you can put enough coin into making/buynig nice gear.

Coc can still faceroll everything in the game i'd imagine. Plus it's better for mapping with all the balls.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The build and gear that the Assassin is playing can be tanky. There's nothing tanky about the Ascendancy itself.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'd say no to both of those, but I never play tanky characters anyway. I find it easy to dodge one-shot mechanics since I'm always moving anyway, so ES on hit is enough to make me nigh invulnerable to everything else. Lab isn't a whole lot of fun to do with the build, but I'm sick to death of lab anyway. That shit is about 10 leagues overdue for a total revamp, but instead it just gets shittier and shittier as they add more skills every league to clutter up the enchant pool.

You lost me on that part. I pretty much just have to leap to one back row while they're spawning, clear the icon ones, then leap/do a quick cyclone to the other back row, and the novas take care of everything in between (on a map like Glacier).
A character playing Cyclone can have a range of 60 units, meaning they can damage the boss farther away, thus arbitrarily safer. I'm relatively certain your Cyclone range is around 40.

Vorph

Yeah, I think I cap out at about 50 with CJ and full Zeel stacks. Bosses probably 44 with just the CJ since Zeel isn't going to be in effect except for add phases. Got just about enough currency fora 6L CJ finally so that will be my next upgrade this week.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Next patch has an indicator on the monolith if there's a general present. How the fuck was that not a thing day one lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
A character playing Cyclone can have a range of 60 units, meaning they can damage the boss farther away, thus arbitrarily safer. I'm relatively certain your Cyclone range is around 40.

I feel like an idiot but where do I check the range?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Ok, that flask macro suspend thing doesnt work or I didnt do it right (more likely).

So if someone wants to idiot proof this I'd be thrilled.