Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Servers were rather flaky during primetime last night. No disconnects other than when I resized the window (which is annoying) but the game felt out of sync by at least a second most of the time.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
anyone have a good screenshot of a good chaos inoculation/high ES build for witch? I am mostly going fire dmg, no minion crap.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This game and it's passive tree are built for hardcore. The nature of how powerful the defensive passives are compared to the offensive ones, and the fact that you can generate a ridiculous amount of damage from one or two items and a good skill gem setup just screams "Always stack defensive passives and play default like it's hardcore anyway". Going pure offense with your passives nets so little in offensive power. I'm a little dissapointed I decided to play default this time around but the synch and lag issues I have make it frustrating to attempt HC. I desynch several times in every map/instance I am in and end up getting close to death from stuff hitting me that isn't even in the same area/room I am in. The funny thing is this game doesn't seem to rubberband much... I just... keep getting hit from stuff (even melee) that is nowhere near me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Short video of a Felshrine run on my new explosive arrow witch, surprisingly powerful and fun to play. Video I was still 2 levels under Felshrine (so 57) and was already killing stuff super quickly as shown, and that's without the big fire node or the burning node.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Died at lvl 47 last night

Feels bad bros
frown.png

frown.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Short video of a Felshrine run on my new explosive arrow witch, surprisingly powerful and fun to play. Video I was still 2 levels under Felshrine (so 57) and was already killing stuff super quickly as shown, and that's without the big fire node or the burning node.
What's the radius on the explode? seems pretty large. Looks fun.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm finding it difficult to get ANY good support gems for a Ice Spear Witch. Anywhere with higher drop rates? Need Multiple Projectiles/Elemental Proliferation/maybe Totem/maybe Arc.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What's the radius on the explode? seems pretty large. Looks fun.
Well I have the radius passives in witch and templar, but also using concentrated effect. It does a pretty large aoe when you stack the charges though(each charge adds +2 radius) and proliferation itself which spreads the burning is like even large than the explosion so even if mobs aren't in the explosion, they end up burning and die regardless. Using Explosive, concentrated effect, chance to ignite and elemental proliferation.

Anyway, went to Vaal and died to falling rocks, so well RIP the explosive arrow char. Was 66 with 2.8k health and like 1700armor so figured I'd be alright, should have granited every rocks I guess. I basically got hit twice in a row and wasn't at full health from a rock just before(was potting), and dropped about 2.4k health instantly. Didn't think Vaal would rape so much, guess next time I'll bring Enfeeble and just granite+TP out when he does the rocks. Funny enough I joined a pub to make it easier, and 4 people died. Also just before I was in another vaal group, I got hit by a rock, stunned and then bugged where I couldn't move at all anymore, had to log out to survive.

Meh.

Edit: Logged back in to check what gear I lost, mostly annoyed at my 38all stats amulet and 30%cold 17%all resist 57health ring and my "powerlvling" boots which were lvl 24 boots with like 50%total resists(like 25cold 15fire 10lightning or something), 57health and 20%movespeed. Rest of my gear was pretty good but not amazing. Anyway decided to go do vaal and see, and yeah even with granite up, I was taking large chunk of dmg on the rocks. Should definitely have leveled an Enfeeble to like lvl 10 at least and used that. Still killed him without dying but came awfully close once when I got hit by rocks while running to a TP to refill my health flasks. Now to figure what to reroll, I kinda liked this char and had plans to try maps at least.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I might roll a ranger this time, my lvl47 was a life leeching marauder which was very tanky but didn't have good dps so was taking some time killing mobs

We should group up sometime Pyros since like 99% of pubs are ninja douches. We need to set up a list of forum people playing this game.

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
I'm playing this game casually. I've been told though that high quality gems are valuable and can drop at low levels. Is a 17% quality Ground Slam worth anything or am I under the wrong impression?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I think you should sell it before they nerf the stun.

Ground Slam is pretty popular now since a lot of people are trying to copy Kripp's stun build. You should fetch at least a GCP out of it I imagine

Dashivax

N00b
For anyone having sync issues, typing /oos instantly re-syncs your character.

I created an autohotkey script so I can just press a button to do it for me.

XButton2::
send {Enter}
send /oos
send {Enter}

XButton2 is a mouse thumb button, change it to your preference.

Luxentir

Trakanon Raider
Have been getting a BSD sometimes while zoning, not sure what's going on.
Do you have a Creative sound card? If so this fixed all the BSODs for me: In the properties for the Path of Exile shortcut add the --softwareaudio switch -> example: "D:\Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe" --softwareaudio

It needs the double hyphen to work correctly.

See the following page for reference:http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vie...unt-type/staff

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think you should sell it before they nerf the stun.

Ground Slam is pretty popular now since a lot of people are trying to copy Kripp's stun build. You should fetch at least a GCP out of it I imagine
Quality gems are worth more than that. Rule of thumb is 1GCP per 5% past the first, so 5-9%=1GCP, 10-14%=2GCP, 15+%=3GCP. The actual usefulness of the skill influences the price too, so like a 10% lightning strike or freezing pulse is going to be worth more than a 18% righteous fire. If it's a good skill, add one GCP, if it's bad, remove one, and if the quality is very good(some quality aren't that useful, for example auras in general) and it's a good skill you can sometimes add 2. In the case of ground slam I'd say a 17% is worth at least 4 GCPs, can maybe even get an exalted for it.

Oh I should say, that's hardcore prices. Default prices tend to be lower from what I've heard of my friend buying stuff there.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Orbs of Chance are pretty fucking ridiculous. I've used about 35 on studded belts now and I've got exactly one [terrible] rare and zero Magnates.

What's even more frustrating is that I hated playing a summoner witch and so naturally I've gotten two Sidhebreaths and a Bones of Ullr to drop for me.

Squiggoth

Golden Squire
I rolled up a caster-centric templar just because i had no idea what i was doing. I'm feeling pretty papery in A3 and am a bit at a loss on how to up my damage output. everything resists most my spells and i just feel like the mob health has scaled dramatically faster than my dmg output. Had my first headache on the A2 boss, and then the first time you run into piety. Basically couldn't survive enough hits and had to corpse hump my way through. Not sure what i need to be doing but all i've found for DD spells is Fireball and Spark. I have Firestorm, Ice Nova for AOE's.