Path of Exile

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played through all the acts with zerker RF and was able to kill everything pretty easily. Only item I bought was a 3c pyre early on. I just cant do mapping anymore though, its been the same for 2+ years now and is boring as fuck. Guess Im done for another league.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Finally got to maps and I have to congratulate GGG, their tuning felt pretty much spot on. However, few fights stick out like a sore thumb, particularly for melee.

Arakali. 50% is a snoozefest, then Silk gets turned into a snack and she basically murders anyone who gets close except for a few seconds when she is on fire. The damage is mostly chaos, so unless you are twinking, your chaos resist at that point is probably -30%. Ranged can keep dodging, melee not so much. There's also a general visibility problem, since the room is black and all the bullshit on the floor is slightly darker black.

Quicksilver jizz boss. You get stalked by his bubbles and you can't really shake them off, they just stack up during the fight and melee is generally much pickier about places they can fight in. Weirdly enough, the boss himself felt mostly harmless, if not for his balls.

Kitava v2. I basically deathzerged the boss, since the closest WP is 2 maps away (come on). He is Malachai 1.0 with even less room to dodge his crap. His black breath oneshot me, his fire oneshot me, both with max resist thanks to basalt flask and then there are the add phases, which turned it up to 11 in my opinion. Dodging all the crap they spew while trying to do some sort of dps is next to impossible, unless the way the phase is meant to be played is dropping Ancestral Warchief and playing Ikaruga where a single stun kills you. There are also quite a few bugs, mostly related to things not showing up on the ground, because as far as I can tell, the fight doesn't stop when you leave the arena and there's no zoning immunity, which can get you murdered upon getting in. Oh and somebody tell me why those two flying twats have to be there and get in the way ? They are just window dressing instead of contributing any meaningful mechanics as far as I can tell. The mechanics were fine and quite interesting, however when a fight murdered me 10 times more than the rest of the campaign combined, you should probably tweak the numbers a bit.

Anyway, the story is awesome, fights are good, the monsters interesting and varied, if a bit too inspired by Dark Souls. 10/10 expansion.

Myst

Peasant
How does one know which base weapon has a chance to turn into a unique weapon? And is it worth doing at lower levels to try and roll uniques?

Caliane

How does one know which base weapon has a chance to turn into a unique weapon? And is it worth doing at lower levels to try and roll uniques?
memory. pick a unique. know its base, using the wiki.
if you are running a player made item filter, it will highlight typical chance items. leather belts-headhunter in the correct league., cold flasks-taste of hate, sorc boots-skyforth, etc.
imperial claw=touch of anguish.

of note, many uniques are just plain cheap enough, its not worth chancing for, unless SSF. Also, many uniques share a base. "troll mjonir".

Ryanz

<Banned>
GGG has always had an issue with introducing difficult content. Their idea of making things difficult is to have so much shit going on that you can't really tell or handle what is happening. They tend to have bosses overtuned at release and then nerfed a few weeks later, or by next league.

Myst

Peasant
memory. pick a unique. know its base, using the wiki.
if you are running a player made item filter, it will highlight typical chance items. leather belts-headhunter in the correct league., cold flasks-taste of hate, sorc boots-skyforth, etc.
imperial claw=touch of anguish.

of note, many uniques are just plain cheap enough, its not worth chancing for, unless SSF. Also, many uniques share a base. "troll mjonir".

Thank you. I really don't know how I missed that on the Wiki page. I am mostly looking to acquire a Soul taker for my build but they are asking for 90+ chaos orbs for that unique on PoE.trade. Kind of ridiculous. I wanted to try and acquire it on my own.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah a lot of the new bosses are visually great but mechanically boring or cheap as fuck. It's as if they have one dev who's job it is to introduce as many room wide aoe's as you can in every boss fight then stack 3 more abilities firing off on top of that. I thought they would have learned with Malachai's absolute clusterfuck but no apparently that person still has their job. Act 3 felt super long while the moonside half is cancer on another level; let's make 90% of the mobs chill on hit. Pantheon system is not bad and I like the idea of it and its progression, but game definitely needs some tuning.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Took a well needed break from PoE. I just got burned out running maps nonstop. After playing D3 for about two weeks I got bored with the necromancer so going to give this a whirl again. Saw Ziggy feature this build and will give it a try.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Playing a Righteous Fire Totem Chieftain build, I made it to 45 and crapped out in act 5 to the god-king guy.

I like some of the changes they made, but they also switched voice actors for a couple NPCs?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Saw Ziggy feature this build and will give it a try.

I've been playing a scorching ray build, but Shadow (Trickster) instead of Templar. Only level 33'ish, just got into act 4, but it's been a lot of fun and powerful so far. First 16'ish levels were meh, but once I got scorching ray into a 3, then a 4 link, it melts everything including bosses in seconds. Very tanky as well, with infinite mana from the extreme regen.

A downside is that it can feel clunky with the slow rotation when aiming the beam, but supposedly that's improved later with higher cast speeds. Overall I'm happy with scorching ray and would recommend it as a starter build.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I don't know what they did to the game to improve the performance but PoE is running like horse shit for me.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm surprised there isn't a new base class with this new expansion. What are they waiting on?

Chris

Potato del Grande
How can they have a new class with how it's set up? There's one character for each base stat combo.

Caliane

Pretty sure charged dash is going to be reworked. It seems broken.

first. leveling it, has little effect. its weird. level 1. 4 mana, 99% of base damage. 50% phys conversion. 40% more attack speed. 100% more damage with hits at max distance.
level 20. 4 mana, 99.6% of base damage. 50% phys conversion. 40% more attack speed. 100% more damage with hits at max distance.

It gains .6% damage, from 1-20..

But more importantly. It makes a # of attacks per channel, as a function of increased attack speed, and increased/reduced move speed.
Channel duration has no effect on the number of attacks made. This is the important part. My current charged dash is 6 attacks per channel. It is the same 6 attacks if I do a .5s channel, or if I do a full 2s max range channel. So, doing a bunch of short .5s bursts deals 4-10x more damage then full duration channels. This is more pronounced the less movement speed you have, and weaker the more you do.
Shaper will be one shot with this skill.

Im breezing through act 5 atm with a 2 link. Charged dash+faster attacks.

ideal links I would think are CD+FA+Elemental attacks+conc effect+mphys+icebite
(ice bite as raider with 40%phys-cold, phys to lit if you dont have winters.)

I went raider.. but increased move speed actively hurts it. slaughter and veil is a bad idea. rapid assault+poacher+veil I think.
More Ideal, is probably duelist entirely.

Last edited:

Caliane

looking into. Ideal charged dash is easily Trickster. far and away.

A quick rework of my raider. Needs to be optimized greatly.

Trickster is going to get you a ton of inc aoe. gets you attack speed without move speed. Get you MoM, and elem overload. no mana movement cost.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know what they did to the game to improve the performance but PoE is running like horse shit for me.
I was surprised but it's the opposite for me. Heard at the end of beta that they'd done something to break AMD support, but they fixed it right before release and I've had solid 60fps with everything maxed on DX11/64 client. I do only run the game at 1904x816 windowed (love the 21:9 width for ARPGs but can't find an actual 21:9 monitor that has all the features I want for under a grand still) but in the past the framerate would always fluctuate wildly between 40-60. The game looks a lot better now than it ever has before too.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Running silky smooth @ 60 fps, though I did turn vsync off for a while because I thought it was causing some issues. full screen windowed 1920x1200, gtx 970.

On the topic of screen ratios, is there a zoom hack out there? Fighting too many off-screen enemies... And how looked down upon are zoomhacks these days?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know of any way to force it to letterbox and zoom in while using fullscreen, but putting it in a window and shrinking it vertically works fine. You can go as low as 600px if you want, but 21:6.6 looks rather silly.

I'm curious if anyone has found a better loot filter for leveling than Neversink? I've tried a few and they all show me shit I give zero fucks about. I'm not crafting anything while I level, and even if I was I don't need to see anything that isn't already 4L, I certainly don't need a notification that sounds like a good currency drop when a (white) leather belt drops, etc. I know I should just make my own, but I'm lazy.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know of any way to force it to letterbox and zoom in while using fullscreen, but putting it in a window and shrinking it vertically works fine. You can go as low as 600px if you want, but 21:6.6 looks rather silly.

I'm curious if anyone has found a better loot filter for leveling than Neversink? I've tried a few and they all show me shit I give zero fucks about. I'm not crafting anything while I level, and even if I was I don't need to see anything that isn't already 4L, I certainly don't need a notification that sounds like a good currency drop when a (white) leather belt drops, etc. I know I should just make my own, but I'm lazy.
My thought on seeing that loot filter:
"Oh I've been writing code for twenty years now, I can just quickly write up a lua filter for what I need and it'll be perfect."

After seeing the lua filter produced by neversink and all the different conditions involved:
e65.gif

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm using my own simplistic filter. It highlights all the stuff I need, while the rest is still displayed but in a much smaller and less colorful font (using a slightly different one for the clutter overload in maps, obviously).
It's easy to write your own in like 50ish lines (can't stand 1000+ lines filter monstrosities). That's what I would recommend.