Path of Exile

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
Am I just having bad luck with 2Hers dropping? Because I have yet to find a 2H weapon for my marauder with more dps than my best 1H weapon, which still sucks. I started 1H+shield and I want to try 2H out but it would actually be a decrease in damage to do so right now. Are 2Hers supposed to have more dps? I thought maybe they just scale better with strength or something.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Am I just having bad luck with 2Hers dropping? Because I have yet to find a 2H weapon for my marauder with more dps than my best 1H weapon, which still sucks. I started 1H+shield and I want to try 2H out but it would actually be a decrease in damage to do so right now. Are 2Hers supposed to have more dps? I thought maybe they just scale better with strength or something.
You can literally buy 2h mace from shop and throw alch on it to have much stronger weapon.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
So I just installed this and haven't quite figured out what build I'm gonna go with yet after a few hours messing around. I have a question about hardcore though: I've never played hardcore on any game, though always intrigued. However, in PoE, since your hardcore character can only be sent to the softcore server, is there any downside to always starting hardcore? The only negative I can foresee is if you die in hardcore and continue playing in softcore, any items you accrue won't help future hardcore characters. But then the worst case scenario is you can always just make your futures characters on the softcore server and benefit from those items, or kill your existing hardcore guy(s) to access items on the softcore character. In the end, every worst case scenario ends up being the exact same thing as softcore. And the obvious benefit is the excitement of hardcore for as long as you want to play it, or as long as you can hack it. Am I missing something?

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
patch 0.10.8 is out, yay

You've pretty much got it Dabamf. Hardcore items/currency are typically worth more too. I don't personally play on HC (just because), but I do the HC races whenever I can.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dabamf *I think* any items in your HC stash when you die are still available for new HC characters you make.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
So I started a duelist and decided to go sword and board, loving it. Lots of defensive passives and using cleave and leap smash as main aoe, heavy strike/double slash as single target. I can tank crazy amounts of mobs and zip around from target to target with shield rush. Having a lot more fun and feeling far more powerful than my ranger. I don't know how viable my build will be later on, but I show no signs of slowing down.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Decided on Ethereal Knives Strength Tank Witch, linked herehttp://www.exilepro.com/builds/witch...gth-tank/build

Seems noob friendly, simple, without major flaws. That site in general has a pretty limited number of builds listed. I guess I should just play the damn game beyond lvl 8 before giving a shit about making a good long term build. I hate being inefficient though. I'm gonna reroll in hardcore just for the hell of it. Guaranteed to die early but it doesn't really matter

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Almost everything works early on but if you take a bunch of damage increasing passives instead of health or other survival related passives then you'll have a much harder time in cruel and impossible if you make it to merciless.

That said cleave is an excellent way to quickly pass through normal so learning it and using it will allow you to play towards other builds while using cleave. One thing to note early on is the gems you will eventually be using. Even if you can't use them now you should be wearing them so they level up with you. Also remember gems in secondary weapon slots also gain experience.

There are a number of very successful cookie cutter build out there but as you play you will quickly find out where they nodes best suited for your desired goal are located.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you have a tough time in cruel/merciless you can always run docks/felshrine/ledge in a pub group for a few levels, and have someone run you through the quests.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I think I'm ready to start playing this game again. Had to take time off from gaming as I had recently started a new job and had to concentrate on that. I've settled in now and have some free time. I have to be honest, I don't have much left from when I played previously so I'm looking for a kind of OP, low gear requirement starter build to get me off the ground running. Any suggestions?

I play softcore, I don't have the patience or computer required to play Hardcore. I used to get way too many rubberbanding and lag related deaths.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So if you have shitty luck like me with map drops, catacombs off marketplace is a convenient high level zone level 67, can get ivl69 items in there, glorious plate and Vaal regalia both drop, etc. xp is also miles better than docks if you're high 70s (but still shitty compared to map xp)

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I highly recommend Lunaris Temple. The waypoint area (level 2) is ilvl67 but the bottom floor with piety is 68. There are two important pieces for farming lunaris temple though:
(1) Ruby Flask - there is a lot of fire damage (especially from those bastards that use righteous fire)
(2) any Flask of Warding - Having a flask that gives curse removal and curse immunity is very important to mitigate the vulnerability using whip dudes

With a fire flask and a curse removal flask it's MUCH easier to do, provides better loot, and with the added piety kill makes it overall the best area to farm (so far I've been 2 for 2 getting maps off piety, 57% +quantity)

Yeah the level changes were nice , i just alternate between docks , catacombs and lunaris and maps. But kinda bored with it now , had fun trying to get to maps with a random build and rerolling when it was shit....tried a ice nova totem build with high crit, Kinda sucked but will try again as would be great to blanket the screen with ice novas hehe.

Baraz_sl

shitlord
Just got my first HC char to cruel (My Templar Cleaver). Lots of fun so far. Only pita is getting the right items/trading for them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Few interesting news popped up. First, next big patch won't be until may 29th. They'll do smaller patches inbetween with bug fixes, cosmetics and new uniques and maybe some stuff that's ready, but otherwise won't be anything major(probably no new skills).

Here's a preview of that big patch, titled 0.11.0:
More party loot allocation options
Direct melee buffs
Rebalance of monster damage
Improved resync code. The scope of this patch doesn't include the more complex changes to the action prediction system, but will hopefully prevent deaths by resyncing more aggressively when needed.
Some secret awesomeness that I'm not able to reveal just yet. It's bigger than the other changes in the patch.

They're also planning to add a small change to fusing/jewelling. You'll have bigger chances to get better results if the item is 20%quality, however using a fuse or jeweller on an item will remove its quality. That means you'll be able to sink a ton of those useless quality items to get a better chance at a 6L, which is nice I guess, but you're still probably going to need a fuckton of fuses regardless.

Assumption for the bigger changes they can't talk about is probably the 2nd part of Act3 that they cut before open beta. Which means, new content yay.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They really need to work on their desync issues, I get 3-5s spikes constantly, playing anything but Marauder on HC would probably make me want to kill myself.

Just got back into Town today and thinking about picking up my HC marada again. Good to see some Patch news on the page.