Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I might buy one of these supporter packs when the Sin and Innocence mystery box's contents come to the store as regular items so I can finish my sinnocence set. But, uh, fuck these packs otherwise. Chris was saying in the interview ZiggyD published today that they get most of their revenue from the lower price packs. Which I believe, but that trend isn't going to continue. The War, Harbinger, Bestiary, and Incursion packs have all been subpar. Abyss packs were both good though.

I buy packs with cool shit that look like normal cloths / armor. Luckily those are cheaper. I dont like looking like some anime character.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I buy packs with cool shit that look like normal cloths / armor. Luckily those are cheaper. I dont like looking like some anime character.
Examples of both? I don't like looking like an anime character either but I haven't felt anything has approached that. Maybe the chaos armor set.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Examples of both? I don't like looking like an anime character either but I haven't felt anything has approached that. Maybe the chaos armor set.

Id have to look at the names but the theif or rogue set. The minatar set. Umm vagabond i think. The executioner. Stuff like that. Ive got a bunch of other more normie sets i mix and match with.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Elementalist seems like it's going to be kind of catch all this league with all the changes and new skills, looking forward to putting some serious time into this league.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This post has a bunch of decent info based on all the various websites articles about the league. Put on spoiler tags because I can't seem to just link it without having the whole thing embedded in the page.

Notable stuff, you'll get Alva in every map. There's some RNG on which rooms you get so I assume some will be rare but give more shit. You can choose to kill one of the 2 bosses to change the room type or kill the other one to upgrade the current room(better rank means more rewards for this type of room, but also stronger modifiers on whatever it does).

Also the video in there shows a bunch of gameplay, including what seems to be vaal groundslam. Seems about the same, kinda like an instant EQ second wave thing. Might have cool secondary mechanics though.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Nah, hopefully they make it so I can have 5000 exalts and a full set of perfectly rolled uniques and mirror tier gear for the slots I don't want uniques within 8 days of playing 2 hours a day. Also I want to be able to hit level 100 within 24 hours playtime.

You keep acting like loot dropping like crazy is a problem. I grant you that if there really was a league where everything dropped in the first few hours it might be boring. However, given the leagues that we have had, has there ever been a league that dropped too much loot? Perandus had lots of cheap uniques, was a shitload of fun and I don't remember getting bored because I ran out of different shit to do. Breach was fun the entire time. Once harbinger's got fixed a few times, people liked it even though it had the "problem" that you could easily sustain highlvl maps.

What makes leagues shitty is unfun mechanics that slow down your gameplay for no good reason or that feel pointless. Or that are wrapped up in so much pointless "complexity" that you would rather just fucking ignore it and kill shit. Lots of prophecy where they kept sending you back to lowlvl zones, the endless shitty talismans to get anything worth using, original beyond mobs with necrovigil and super regen bullshit, harbinger initially where you had to wait forever for stuff to spawn, original abyss that was annoying to follow. The worst offender really though, was bestiary. Bugged nets, mobs dying before they could get netted, and an endless series of shitty recipes and how difficult it is for people new to the mechanic to figure out if something they killed is worth anything (genus, group, family, rarity, affix), all wrapped up in shitty search functionality when trying to find crap.

So until they actually release a league where people start quitting in large numbers early because of all the loot, I think we will be fine.

On the subject of bestiary, I think it is a huge waste that it isn't going core. Tthey should have scrapped at least about 3/4th of the recipes, increased the rarity of endgame beasts and had them kneel down when defeated and then be able to be netted. In other words, discard the junk and make it feel worthwhile everytime you see a beast. Much like how this worked with essences, where now you don't see them as often but when you do you will see an essence with 3 or 4 things and it is likely worth some good money. They clearly put a shitload of development work into it, but I guess given its horrifically bungled release, it was just too toxic to spend time on.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

Right now, Seeker pack from War of the Atlas is pretty neat and easily mixed with other stuff. I tend to buy the first 2 or so tiers only since the big packs past 100 bucks just look ridiculous. Minotaur, Legacy and Outlaw are the ones I use most.

The league-specific packs are hit and miss with me since they are themed to the league. Beastiary and Abyss were mediocre, with Abyss being the first I did not buy any pack for in years. Incursion I kinda like both, but will probably settle for one of them.

Caliane

I might buy one of these supporter packs when the Sin and Innocence mystery box's contents come to the store as regular items so I can finish my sinnocence set. But, uh, fuck these packs otherwise. Chris was saying in the interview ZiggyD published today that they get most of their revenue from the lower price packs. Which I believe, but that trend isn't going to continue. The War, Harbinger, Bestiary, and Incursion packs have all been subpar. Abyss packs were both good though.
really? I love both of incursions. portal mtx is rare. This is the cheapest supporter packs to have one. And I love both the aztec and conquistador designs.

Wish I could swap a bit.
Conquest armor and weapon effect.
With council portal.

conquest weapon effect has baller trails. conquest portal is a bit too much.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kiroy Kiroy I also meant ones that you think make you look like anime characters.

Mr Creed Mr Creed Seeker pack was good in a sort of plain clothes sort of way. I liked Scholar too, especially the weapon effect. But I don't find myself using either that much.

Caliane Caliane idk, the overuse of feathers and ribbons/streamers. Feels like I'm going to a 10yo's party.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Keep your pants on, Soul Eater eats vaal souls. Your skills wont gain charges while Soul Eater is up. The best youll do is 30 seconds of Soul Eater followed by a long downtime.

Long downtime? even nerfed with 1 Chill of Corruption fill you fill a vaal skill almost instantly still with a big pack.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Right now, Seeker pack from War of the Atlas is pretty neat and easily mixed with other stuff. I tend to buy the first 2 or so tiers only since the big packs past 100 bucks just look ridiculous. Minotaur, Legacy and Outlaw are the ones I use most.

The league-specific packs are hit and miss with me since they are themed to the league. Beastiary and Abyss were mediocre, with Abyss being the first I did not buy any pack for in years. Incursion I kinda like both, but will probably settle for one of them.
Dunno, I like the roman legionnaire in the Bestiary pack, the character effect looks tacky as hell, but otherwise it look awesome.

As usual, GGG know how to hype people up. Now to decide whether I should roll Saboteur or not.

Last edited:

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It blows my mind that they make target unique farming nearly impossible and almost non-existent before blood aqueducts. The card-based system is so great, but the cards are so pain in the ass rare in leveling zones as to make farming them worthless. I don't understand the idea that having strong, appropriate, generalized leveling gear that players can effectively farm is so anathema to this game. It is amazing that they'd rather me be tabbed out staring at poe.trade for hours on end trying to shore up resistances rather than playing the actual fucking game to accomplish the same goal. They have all the tools available to make crafting really awesome, but they completely squander it for the entirety of the leveling process. I can trade in a shit-ton of ass-tier unique rings for a fantastic unique chest. Why the fuck isn't that same type of system used for a much wider range of great, but not amazing, gear for either leveling or starting maps?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Doing the flashback, I didn't feel like that was necessary. I farmed up a Tabula Rasa at the blood aqueducts and bought two Wasp's Nests for cheap(1c each). Boots for movement speed, chest for damage skill, every other slot dedicated to life, resists, and stat requirements. I didn't cap my resists but I didn't need to either. Buying those weapons trivialized the game from there out.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It blows my mind that they make target unique farming nearly impossible and almost non-existent before blood aqueducts. The card-based system is so great, but the cards are so pain in the ass rare in leveling zones as to make farming them worthless. I don't understand the idea that having strong, appropriate, generalized leveling gear that players can effectively farm is so anathema to this game. It is amazing that they'd rather me be tabbed out staring at poe.trade for hours on end trying to shore up resistances rather than playing the actual fucking game to accomplish the same goal. They have all the tools available to make crafting really awesome, but they completely squander it for the entirety of the leveling process. I can trade in a shit-ton of ass-tier unique rings for a fantastic unique chest. Why the fuck isn't that same type of system used for a much wider range of great, but not amazing, gear for either leveling or starting maps?

Yeah, I mentioned it a few pages back, but the leveling system in this game is shit-tier - especially with 10 acts now (fucking TEN, really!?). If you don't have a plethora of game knowledge about skills and the handful of "cheap" leveling uniques, it's a painful slog.

Like I said, Diablo 3's systems of slowly "transitioning" your build from leveling to farming is 1000x better than PoE's. It's amazing that PoE has and adds as much content as they do, but all those layered systems end up making the leveling portion of the game unnecessarily complex/tedious. This game is fucking fantastic at the end-game, miles better than D3 and their boring Rifting system, but they seriously need to take a look at the leveling process and how arduous it all is - especially for new players. Expecting players to do hours of build research, item research, and YouTube watching is crazy. It's the single greatest reason why I stayed away from the game for so long and I imagine it's the reason for many people not giving the game a fair shot.

• 1Like

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
For new players, this game sucks big ass. The tutorial system is poor. They need to integrate the numerous game mechanics into act quests. Target farming before maps is kinda silly too, imo. There's not big enough packs in acts to make it any worthwhile, cause by the time you finished farming your tabula, I'm in maps.

As an experienced player though, I don't find levelling to be difficult at all, even brand new and SSF. Which part is difficult for you(non-bestiary related, cause that is going away)?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I mentioned it a few pages back, but the leveling system in this game is shit-tier - especially with 10 acts now (fucking TEN, really!?). If you don't have a plethora of game knowledge about skills and the handful of "cheap" leveling uniques, it's a painful slog.

Like I said, Diablo 3's systems of slowly "transitioning" your build from leveling to farming is 1000x better than PoE's. It's amazing that PoE has and adds as much content as they do, but all those layered systems end up making the leveling portion of the game unnecessarily complex/tedious. This game is fucking fantastic at the end-game, miles better than D3 and their boring Rifting system, but they seriously need to take a look at the leveling process and how arduous it all is - especially for new players. Expecting players to do hours of build research, item research, and YouTube watching is crazy. It's the single greatest reason why I stayed away from the game for so long and I imagine it's the reason for many people not giving the game a fair shot.
Even without all the twinking, the leveling is pretty easy. Sure you can't expect to do breeze through it on every build, but otherwise pretty much everything can be ignored until you hit maps since it's simply more rewarding at that point. The biggest mistake I have seen is skipping or delaying labyrinth, normal and cruel are ez, but the ascendancy points double or tripple your dps.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Which part is difficult for you(non-bestiary related, cause that is going away)?

Now that I understand the game, its systems, and most of the skills? Nothing, really. Perhaps my post wasn't clear, but what I take issue with or find "difficult" is the leveling process, not the act itself.

Once you complete acts 1-10, it should unlock an "adventure" mode(ala Diablo 3), where all act waypoints are now activated on all future and existing characters. They could even take it further and add a "Tier 0" series of maps that starts at level 40ish or so. There's zero reason that this doesn't exist.

It's an effort in needless tedium to force players to repeat TEN fucking acts of gameplay over and over for each and every single character. Honestly, it'll likely be the number one reason I eventually give the game up. I love trying out new builds, skills, etc. and GGG makes it an extremely frustrating process to do so.