Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
I recently returned after several years and it runs far better. The point at which you hit that particle effect lag soup is a lot higher now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wat? Did you not watch mathils storm call vids from Delve (or any of the other leagues he's done it)? It smashes stuff, especially with the way vaal gems work now.
That's the effect of the gear, not the skill. Arc, spark, ball lighting, etc, will clean up just as well, if not better.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's not necessarily a problem. I've never used the skill, so I was hoping there was some combination of supports and/or uniques that gave Storm Call an advantage in certain situations.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I’m slowly working on the atlas. Probably don’t have time to finish due to drops + currency farming + baby coming.

My understand is that Shaping is all about getting a high tier map, cutting its ties to others and running the fuck out of it? For now I’m going with fill in the atlas as much as possible.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well yes that's one of the reasons people do it. If you like a specific map layout, you can do that to make leveling more enjoyable. Another common thing people do is use it for the lower level shaped maps in case they want to farm specific divination cards. Shaping burial Chambers is a common tactic

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shaping burial Chambers is was a common tactic
FTFY.

I actually have no idea what the hell to do at the start now. I finally convinced myself to try the BC grind this league and now that it's gone I'm back to the usual stuff that has never worked in the past.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll probably just rush to completion, scrub all red maps except shaped maps and run those. I wanna hit 100 this league so that's my goal. Dunno what my strategy is going to be for 95+ but that will at least get me started.

EDIT: Was also considering just doing what Mathil does and rush a build to shaper and/or uber elder and retire it immediately and try something else out. Would get me more used to more builds and I could try different things out.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I always go for full completion of the Atlas every league cause personally I like to enjoy all content in the game rather than pigeonhole myself into farming one map for days cause the returns are better. Will probably go for 100 as well this time, and if enough for us wanna group together I think that would be the safest way to do it!

They gotta release patch notes/PoB sooner cause the week prior of a league start is soooooooooooooooooooo long of a wait aaargh

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
That's the effect of the gear, not the skill. Arc, spark, ball lighting, etc, will clean up just as well, if not better.

I'd be surprised if spark or arc were anywhere near as good as storm call for shaper/uber elder/t16 guardians/etc. That being said, some things will always be stronger than others so you could make the same "whats the point" argument for 99% of skills and builds in the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I always go for full completion of the Atlas every league cause personally I like to enjoy all content in the game rather than pigeonhole myself into farming one map for days cause the returns are better. Will probably go for 100 as well this time, and if enough for us wanna group together I think that would be the safest way to do it!

They gotta release patch notes/PoB sooner cause the week prior of a league start is soooooooooooooooooooo long of a wait aaargh

You make me to be your hater/motivator?

Cuz we can start now.

You WONT!

Same goes for Penance!!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Do any of you play this with controller, how is it?

I do on Xbox and it's great. Realized that's the only thing I like about it. And I love it. Spent enough time on a keyboard and mouse, and I'm not trying to be elite.

Found a wireless hookup for my controller, bought a bunch of points. Fuck it going to play on the computer

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I do on Xbox and it's great. Realized that's the only thing I like about it. And I love it. Spent enough time on a keyboard and mouse, and I'm not trying to be elite.

Found a wireless hookup for my controller, bought a bunch of points. Fuck it going to play on the computer

I haven't had a TV in probably 15 years. But I got one to appease the wife and I have a steamlink. So I think I just might.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'd be surprised if spark or arc were anywhere near as good as storm call for shaper/uber elder/t16 guardians/etc. That being said, some things will always be stronger than others so you could make the same "whats the point" argument for 99% of skills and builds in the game.
Spark, no, but Arc definitely is better than Storm Call in single target. Spark is understandable because the mechanics are much different.

Why put up with Storm Call's delay if it doesn't offer any advantage?

Needless

Toe Sucker
anyone able to toss my ass an invite to the guild?
is it account or character based?
GirlsAreYucky if character