Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well right off the bat

In 3.5.0 we are removing the ability to use stat sticks, through the following changes:
  • You will no longer be able to use skills that require a specific weapon equipped if you are dual-wielding and one of your equipped weapons is unsuitable for that skill.
  • Skills that could be used with two weapons, but were main-hand-only when used, now use both weapons when dual wielding.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, expected a nerf but that straight up kills reave/BF if there is no other buff in the patch notes.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else excited about the idea of more powerful uniques? I'm betting that there will be a few new builds based on upgraded power level for certain items.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It doesn't :D
:| I was looking forward to Conc Path jugg. On the extreme high end, this cuts out a quarter of my dps.

So, I guess I might start BV even though I hate the cadence of the gameplay. arc -> gc mines is another choice. Or Toxic Rain Assassin into CoC.

If the "joke" patch notes can be believed, Molten Strike helm enchant was reduced to 1. Probably still viable as a starter.

Last edited:

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
While I was definitely pro-nerf stat-sticks, removing the option entirely...definitely not what I was hoping for. That actually sucks. And it doesn't deal with BV/GC, which was just as busted with them as melee skills. But I definitely like the sound of them buffing the higher-end uniques(aka every shaper guardian drop out there), among others(pls buff Mjolnir).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
While I was definitely pro-nerf stat-sticks, removing the option entirely...definitely not what I was hoping for. That actually sucks. And it doesn't deal with BV/GC, which was just as busted with them as melee skills. But I definitely like the sound of them buffing the higher-end uniques(aka every shaper guardian drop out there), among others(pls buff Mjolnir).

When looking at unique item balance, some items that offered triggered effects had their cooldowns reduced.
Poet's Pen buff ;)

PP, Cospri's Malice, Mjolner...what other items offered triggered effects? Ngamahu's Flame, I guess, but I've never looked into the cooldown for that item. 0.25s CD on Mjolner is NOT the problem with it.

Caliane

"As a further support for Eldritch Battery and Energy-Shield-based builds in general, more flat Energy shield has been added on the tree. "

ha, this was something I asked for. made a post in feedback forums even. specifically after CI. but after/by EB makes sense too. Flat ES should go a long way in making the life-CI transition easier, help with hybrid ES/eva, ES/arm items, and making ES back on par with life.

• Unique items that dramatically affected diversity in an item slot would be addressed, either by nerfing excessive power, or by looking at what else was available in that item slot.
looking at you PP.

"Cast on …
When looking at unique item balance, some items that offered triggered effects had their cooldowns reduced. It was difficult to do this without also looking at other triggered effects. As a result, the Cast on Critical Strike Support and Cast on Melee Kill Support will also have their cooldowns reduced."

This should mean mjollner rebuff? and crimea's buff?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man I love the dual wield change, makes a ton of sense even though it's going to piss a lot of people off. So alternating weapon skills suck balls for a league or two, but it sounds like main hand only skills got the Cleave treatment, and if so I bet they can still be pretty baller. Great manifesto all the way around.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Will have to see how much flat ES is actually on the tree now and its location but Occultist is looking like a fun start from doing Champion the last three leagues.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Man I love the dual wield change, makes a ton of sense even though it's going to piss a lot of people off. So alternating weapon skills suck balls for a league or two, but it sounds like main hand only skills got the Cleave treatment, and if so I bet they can still be pretty baller. Great manifesto all the way around.

They'll be alright, people that want to play them likely will. But GC and BV based builds will make them look silly.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They'll be alright, people that want to play them likely will. But GC and BV based builds will make them look silly.

Keep in mind we havnt seen patch notes yet. Something like BV is prime for a numbers nerf.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if Impale is going to push pure physical over the top or not. Even if it's "just" competitive with BV and GC, that's still more variety without nerfing elemental damage conversion, which is interesting in its own right. And if Impale makes pure physical *better*? Could happen, you know.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Keep in mind we havnt seen patch notes yet. Something like BV is prime for a numbers nerf.
Meh. BV is a thoroughly average skill when you consider its range requirement. Both the Soulwrest and HoAg/DDuo builds I played later on made BV look like a sad joke by comparison. BV is still quite shitty/clunky to play too even with the previous round of changes.

As long as they nerf PP into the ground and leave Dancing Duo and Herald of Agony untouched I'll be happy though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

Yeah, it'll be great needing 2 weapons that cost 10ex to 1 mirror each instead of just 1!
Both the Soulwrest and HoAg/DDuo builds I played later on made BV look like a sad joke by comparison.

Lol. Dancing duo makes BV look like a "sad joke". Nice meme.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user