Path of Exile

Caliane

Going to be a lot of CoC tanky builds. Especially since you'll probably stack high aps and crit. Then use claws for flat life gain or +life gain on hit gem if you can afford it. I'm excited to see what we can do.
yeah, especially deadeye.

more damage with chain. +1 chain.
Rupture:
+40% to Critical Strike Multiplier against Bleeding Enemies
80% increased Critical Strike Chance against Bleeding Enemies
Attacks have 25% chance to cause Bleeding
Moving while Bleeding doesn't cause you to take extra Damage
Gain +30 Life when you Hit a Bleeding Enemy

note, the crit and and life gain, does not say "with attacks". only the chance to bleed does. Which is fine.

go sire of shards CoC! magma orb+conc path?!

you know what, fuck it.
Plan A was that conc path scion.
But, static strike coc was on the table. So, thats my plan. static strike CoC arc, deadeye. It has to do physical damage to cause bleeding right? so, if I get the 40% cold conversion, it can't take rupture of the loh, and crit?

wait, no. arc wont work. "projectiles" maybe, static strike, coc, ms, molten orb, volley.

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah, especially deadeye.

more damage with chain. +1 chain.
Rupture:
+40% to Critical Strike Multiplier against Bleeding Enemies
80% increased Critical Strike Chance against Bleeding Enemies
Attacks have 25% chance to cause Bleeding
Moving while Bleeding doesn't cause you to take extra Damage
Gain +30 Life when you Hit a Bleeding Enemy

note, the crit and and life gain, does not say "with attacks". only the chance to bleed does. Which is fine.

go sire of shards CoC! magma orb+conc path?!

you know what, fuck it.
Plan A was that conc path scion.
But, static strike coc was on the table. So, thats my plan. static strike CoC arc, deadeye. It has to do physical damage to cause bleeding right? so, if I get the 40% cold conversion, it can't take rupture of the loh, and crit?

wait, no. arc wont work. "projectiles" maybe, static strike, coc, ms, molten orb, volley.

What about Spark? With chain and more projectile speed it could be decent.

Caliane

ooh! maybe. Ill test it. Just tried magma orb/volley, and didnt like it.
(I have a cocdeadeye from prophecy, tabula, etc ha. my prime standard build tester.)

Magma orb/volley itself is fine. but, she had so much proj speed, the orbs were flying off into space.. not really going the wave of mutilation I wanted.

Testing, the duration on static strikes beams is pretty short. So, +duration nodes is going to be desired, to help enable the autobombing/coc. Spark also has duration.

yep, tested it. spark is perfect mechanically.

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you also consider using ranged with that so you could double up on projectile related nodes/gems?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Going to be a lot of CoC tanky builds. Especially since you'll probably stack high aps and crit. Then use claws for flat life gain or +life gain on hit gem if you can afford it. I'm excited to see what we can do.
Are you sure about that? Here's what I'm having trouble balancing whenever I try to make a tanky CoC build in PoB:
  • Tankyness
  • High APS and CPS
  • Crit rate/consistency(these are separate for some skills like Cyclone)
  • CoC kept on cooldown
To get the last three, I almost always have to go Assassin.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disappointed there's no mention of a curse rework yet. Quad-Curse Bladefall was my first level 90 character on Hardcore way back in Talisman, make curses great again.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw a post where Arc is being teased as in patch notes 5 times, these dudes can be evil

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Did you also consider using ranged with that so you could double up on projectile related nodes/gems?
the old prophecy coc was Ice shot coc icespear using deaths opus. it was one of my strongest characters imho. AB or icespear rework should be really interesting, with that old build though.
However, doing bow again wouldn't be as fun, for me. I like to try new things.
Also, static strike is the only persistent attack. it can proc CoC, after you stop attacking.

barrage coc wand ranger might be funny/fun.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Should we expect patch notes around the same time as everything else? I.E. 6/7PM CST?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Should we expect patch notes around the same time as everything else? I.E. 6/7PM CST?
They usually post when they'll post patch notes, approximately. Sometimes it's early in the day(for them, that's what you listed CST I think), but sometimes it takes longer so it can be several hours later, or the middle of the night for the US.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I haven't kept up with it, but is PoB being kept or going to be updated after the guy went to work for GGG now? Maybe I misread that a while back.

Caliane

the old prophecy coc was Ice shot coc icespear using deaths opus. it was one of my strongest characters imho. AB or icespear rework should be really interesting, with that old build though.
However, doing bow again wouldn't be as fun, for me. I like to try new things.
Also, static strike is the only persistent attack. it can proc CoC, after you stop attacking.

barrage coc wand ranger might be funny/fun.
and, tried to come up with a viable build in path of building for the static strike coc spark deadeye. ugh. Thats.. not looking great. going to have to look at other builds. Getting any amount of viable dagger/dw crit is killing any chance of life.

I could FORCE it to work, with cospris or mjollner. static strike mjoller deadeye def would work. CoC is not looking great though.

Last edited:

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Not only will they probably nerf Arc, the Hiero changes are questionable as well.

Of course, my league starter is, for now, Hiero Arc 5, I mean 4, totem. I guess I may have to go straight to BV Elementalist again instead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'd just gotten a handle on Arc Totems. I loved that build, I keep looking at others but I can't find something I like. I've been messing around with a zombie/skeleton summoner and it's just garbage compared to totems. Sure, I don't have to recast them as often, but they are always behind me killing shit as opposed to being in front of me dropping loot. I also tried building a Cyclone Scion, and with the crying about stack sticks and "melee is unplayable" I'm starting to question that choice as well.

I've got a handle on the basics of the game, anyone got a few suggestions for possible builds?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait on the patch notes, but I'm planning on Dominating Blow again if there isn't a blanket minion nerf, it's an extremely solid skill that will take me to T16 maps for sure. If you like totems and melee, maybe try out an Ancestral Warchief build? I've done that as a Gladiator and Chieftan, both are pretty solid. Hell, the Gladiator got super super rich cause he just wouldn't die.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pick a skill you like and play it. The nerfs are likely not going to make starter builds unplayable. If you're looking for scaling your starter build into the end game, that's a different discussion.

I'm likely going FB Deadeye into some CoC build. Or if CoC turns out too squishy, probably MS Jugg...again...

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Leave Arc alone, buff trash abilities. Once all abilities non trash, then find nerfables.

Stat stick thing is sad. RIP chaos claw champ.

Nerf certain attacks if your offhand isn't also a match or something. Not everything :(. Not_like_this.jpg.