Path of Exile

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Like this more than Betrayal/Syndicate so far, I don't feel like avoiding it since its pretty quick win or lose, and all the loot back outside. Rest of it seems purely optional and something I can worry about once I hit maps I assume?

I really haven't finalized my build I'm aiming for, but this Blight + ED + Contagion combo working really well for leveling. It's relaxing too, like playing with dominoes.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well it has me back in the guild now. No idea what happened or how but for 20+ minutes (dunno exact length) my account was showing as guildless, couldn't use guildchat or anything.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Guild functions were wonky for me. I couldn’t add or take from stash. Was trying to drop some random 4 link stuff in case anyone wanted it.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
You gonna make a hipster build with me this league!?

Self-cast discharge got buffed this league but I don't think it's enough to make it good compared to last league or the one before, whenever I played it.

I don't have time to make a hipster build this time around unfortunately, will have to play semi-meta. I think I'll be doin some kind of inquisitor beam build.

Caliane

Fuckin Mathil, never fails to disappoint.

Will be on at like 10-11pm PST for a bit. For those using new/updated skills, how are you finding it? Still debating on what to start with so I'd like to hear your first impressions.
Tried a bunch of stuff on my way to divine ire.

New flame totem started solid, but tapered off pretty quick.

Purifying flame. similar. seems ok. But it didn't stand out at all.

Wave of convocation is pretty solid. It hits hard. I was worried about it getting hung up on walls, debris. But its goes right through every piece of debris I've seen. walls do stop it. But, it goes through doorways well enough. This seems like a "no brainer" for CWDT for any elemental build, for the elemental shred. Probably viable as a main skill. And potentially as a curse and shred in one applicator. Probably most similar to Ball lightning.

Soulrend is very solid. Looks cool. hits hard, auto pierce, etc...

New stormburst is amazing. as I've been gushing... Its like a bastard child of blade flurry, and stormbrand. (or orianna, and syndra for lol players.)
Forum - Announcements - Skill Rework - Storm Burst - Path of Exile
This vid doesn't really show what it does. The balls follow your cursor. Anywhere on the screen. So you can move that field of death around, and due to their spread, even behind walls/corner. (as well as off screen due to that spread again.)

While channeling you spawn 1 ball every .25s default without cast speed, each with a 1.20 second duration. And each ball strikes again in an AOE burst, every .4s
So without fastercast/inc duration, after 6s you have 6 balls, striking every .45s.
Naked gem is 142.5 ave damage at 20. at 20 ave 855 dps.

Increased duration makes balls last longer.
Faster cast makes you spawn balls faster.
Pob has not updated for this. So I dont have any math on how many balls we can get out and going... but 10? 20? god damn, this thing will just SHRED bosses.
For the same reason I don't have a build set either. plan was for a CI occulist Divine ire. I am pretty sure I am changing course for this. need skill effect duration now. Shifting in needs for skill effect, I probably will go phys to lit now to get 100% lit conversion, instead of the 75% lit, 25% fire of the templar passives.
Also, since its alot of fast small this, I might need to go elementalist to get the "shocks always at least 20%"

The second aspect is letting go and exploding, which I dont make much use of. When you let go, the balls instantly explode for "75% of skill damage for EACH .4s of remaining duration."
The rampup is not instant for trash, compared to autobombers, PP, etc.. it is fast enough vs bosses, that being locked into place is not a big deal. you can move and start up again quickly.

Divine ire is fun too.
Small charge up, MASSIVE burst. Feel like the massive burst is a death sentence vs reflect. ha. Fun skill. Im not sure its practical. I think the charge, burst. charge, burst. will never come close to the massive constant dps of storm burst.

[edit] I was corrected on the balls striking. its not cast speed, but a static .4s. So each ball will hit 3 times, with a basic 1.2s duration.
Breakpoints for inc duration are then 1.6 and 2.0s durations.
34% inc duration, and 67% inc duration needed to hit those breakpoints.
(inc duration support is exactly 67% by itself)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone on reddit posted about the fragment loot drops. If it drops and you pick it up that works. If loot drops and the blue takes it over before it closes or you walk into the blue it pops up outside after you leave. If it drops before the blue over takes the loot itself and you die or walk into the blue before the blue overtakes the loot it goes poof.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
goddamn Was wondering why I wasn’t getting some loot. What a stupid fucking system. I was disregarding drops thinking I’d get them all later.

Has POb updated with all the new gem stuff yet. Am struggling here, the build I planned out is so horrible for leveling and I just happened to run across storm burst which just feels great, atleast at lvl 30. Now debating if I should switch builds

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
...New stormburst is amazing...)

Cool i might try that out later if WO doesnt work out...no problems so far to T4 maps and the WO mechanics does have its advantages but i can see that a storm burst one would probably be a bit more compact.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
fayNzhi.png

A solution to the guild bank thief problem we had last league!

Borzak

Kind of what I was thinking. Didn't realise there was a problem before. I left a couple of ex and about 100 chaos in the bank last league and a few odds and ends.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
This happened in the first few weeks of the league. Nothing very valuable was taken but someone just cleaned house of anything useful one day. No one knew who. Now we can know.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tried a bunch of stuff on my way to divine ire.

New flame totem started solid, but tapered off pretty quick.

Purifying flame. similar. seems ok. But it didn't stand out at all.

Wave of convocation is pretty solid. It hits hard. I was worried about it getting hung up on walls, debris. But its goes right through every piece of debris I've seen. walls do stop it. But, it goes through doorways well enough. This seems like a "no brainer" for CWDT for any elemental build, for the elemental shred. Probably viable as a main skill. And potentially as a curse and shred in one applicator. Probably most similar to Ball lightning.

Soulrend is very solid. Looks cool. hits hard, auto pierce, etc...

New stormburst is amazing. as I've been gushing... Its like a bastard child of blade flurry, and stormbrand. (or orianna, and syndra for lol players.)
Forum - Announcements - Skill Rework - Storm Burst - Path of Exile
This vid doesn't really show what it does. The balls follow your cursor. Anywhere on the screen. So you can move that field of death around, and due to their spread, even behind walls/corner. (as well as off screen due to that spread again.)

While channeling you spawn 1 ball every .25s default without cast speed, each with a 1.20 second duration. And each ball strikes again in an AOE burst, every .4s
So without fastercast/inc duration, after 6s you have 6 balls, striking every .45s.
Naked gem is 142.5 ave damage at 20. at 20 ave 855 dps.

Increased duration makes balls last longer.
Faster cast makes you spawn balls faster.
Pob has not updated for this. So I dont have any math on how many balls we can get out and going... but 10? 20? god damn, this thing will just SHRED bosses.
For the same reason I don't have a build set either. plan was for a CI occulist Divine ire. I am pretty sure I am changing course for this. need skill effect duration now. Shifting in needs for skill effect, I probably will go phys to lit now to get 100% lit conversion, instead of the 75% lit, 25% fire of the templar passives.
Also, since its alot of fast small this, I might need to go elementalist to get the "shocks always at least 20%"

The second aspect is letting go and exploding, which I dont make much use of. When you let go, the balls instantly explode for "75% of skill damage for EACH .4s of remaining duration."
The rampup is not instant for trash, compared to autobombers, PP, etc.. it is fast enough vs bosses, that being locked into place is not a big deal. you can move and start up again quickly.

Divine ire is fun too.
Small charge up, MASSIVE burst. Feel like the massive burst is a death sentence vs reflect. ha. Fun skill. Im not sure its practical. I think the charge, burst. charge, burst. will never come close to the massive constant dps of storm burst.

[edit] I was corrected on the balls striking. its not cast speed, but a static .4s. So each ball will hit 3 times, with a basic 1.2s duration.
Breakpoints for inc duration are then 1.6 and 2.0s durations.
34% inc duration, and 67% inc duration needed to hit those breakpoints.
(inc duration support is exactly 67% by itself)
What would you lose out on with making a Scion (Inq / Ele) Burst build, compared to a Witch or Templar?

Borzak

This happened in the first few weeks of the league. Nothing very valuable was taken but someone just cleaned house of anything useful one day. No one knew who. Now we can know.

Promise it wasn't me that stole the 2 headhunters and a mirror. I'll have to watch myself now with the log...thinking.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I blew through the story and into maps... the memory nexus is like retarded atlas... the fractured/synthesised items seem to be mostly not worth it bar for top ilvl stuff for crafting or just feeding the trash rares into the synthesiser hoping it will spit out something usable. And fuck the syndicate in the ass, dropping an intervention on your head every so often which quadruples the difficulty of any given map was a really great idea.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users