Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, if I find the chance to roll certain affixes, how can I calculate the chance to roll a combination of affixes from alt or chaos spam? The unknown I'm having trouble with is the amount of affixes you get each attempt.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
So, if I find the chance to roll certain affixes, how can I calculate the chance to roll a combination of affixes from alt or chaos spam? The unknown I'm having trouble with is the amount of affixes you get each attempt.

alt should be easier since it can only roll up to 2 affixes vs chaos spamming 6. 50% * mod1weighted value * mod2 weighted value? Assuming that it's a straight 50% chance to roll both suffix and prefix with an alteration. Chaos spamming can roll 4-6 mods, I have no idea on the chances of rolling each quantity. Wouldn't it be about two out of six possible combinations of mods amounts? Idk, I'd have to spend more time working on the chaos spamming. 1/9 * mod weight 1 * mod weight 2?

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Both sound unpleasant, I'm more trying to determine if it's worth just buying the rares rolled the way I want as there are a couple available for 4-5 ex, would just have to multimod then.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
my math seems off for the chaos spamming. it might just be mod weight 1 * mod weight 2. Rolling 3 mods you want...good lord.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Something I learned today which is great for SSF. The map recipe where you trade in 3 maps to go up a tier. If there is more than 1 map in the next tier that the map you traded in is connected to (ex: T6 Waste Pool connects to T7 Overgrown Shrine and T7 Laboratory) you take one map out of the trade window and put it back in, keep doing it until the one you want appears in trade. Apparently this changed a couple of leagues ago but I had no idea until today!

So I tested this a bit more: It's semi random. I tried the same 3 multiple times and I kept getting the same map. I put a 4th map in my inventory and I swapped that map in BAM...I got what I wanted.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Something I learned today which is great for SSF. The map recipe where you trade in 3 maps to go up a tier. If there is more than 1 map in the next tier that the map you traded in is connected to (ex: T6 Waste Pool connects to T7 Overgrown Shrine and T7 Laboratory) you take one map out of the trade window and put it back in, keep doing it until the one you want appears in trade. Apparently this changed a couple of leagues ago but I had no idea until today!

So I tested this a bit more: It's semi random. I tried the same 3 multiple times and I kept getting the same map. I put a 4th map in my inventory and I swapped that map in BAM...I got what I wanted.

My understanding is that each item has a number associated with it. So three Glaciers have three individual numbers. The combo is what tells you which connecting map you get. That’s why swapping out one glacier for another gives a different connector.

I used glacier as a random example. It might only have one connection on this atlas.

Also possible I misremembered exactly how it works. But each map is close to unique.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought a Tidebreaker for the LiftingNerdBro build I'm playing, and it had a currency incubator on it.

Dropped an Exalt. pickle tickled.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I may just resell my starforge and give up and buy a linked one. I’m over 1000 fusings now without linking. Go back add all the fusings I dropped on perfect form last league and loreweave the league before along with some bows last league and I’m well over 3000+ with never linking an item. I am cursed.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A big duh, but at least confirmed. Get your cyclone kicks befores it gets worbed next patch. And then really worbed the following patch.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I just learned how the imprint and split beast crafts synergize. Get the one or two good mods, imprint, regal, then split. If, on the split, the item that drops has the good mod(s) one can then use the imprint on the original in the altar, now with the junk mod, and get the magic version back duplicating the original base. Rinse and repeat as desired. If the original, in the altar, has the good mods one could use the imprint then to start over or just craft it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sorry for the paste issues in chat. For some reason my system keeps copying to my clipboard over and over after I cut a trade. I tried it with several other things out of game and I'm still getting a full clipboard from time to time. Some program is cutting stuff I just look at. Oh well, sorry.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
A big duh, but at least confirmed. Get your cyclone kicks befores it gets worbed next patch. And then really worbed the following patch.

All they need to do is change impale to not work while channeling. What they’ll probably do is bend the entire impale mechanic over and end up nerfing every other skill along with it. Everything else should stay. It’s a great skill and it would be a shame to see it fucked with in any other way than toning down the batshit crazy dps. Part of me does want it to not be touched at all though seeing as how the big melee patch was kind of a let down and once cyclone is gone then 3.7 may as well have never happened.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
All they need to do is change impale to not work while channeling. What they’ll probably do is bend the entire impale mechanic over and end up nerfing every other skill along with it. Everything else should stay. It’s a great skill and it would be a shame to see it fucked with in any other way than toning down the batshit crazy dps. Part of me does want it to not be touched at all though seeing as how the big melee patch was kind of a let down and once cyclone is gone then 3.7 may as well have never happened.
Seems like a clunky way to limit the skill.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Guy messaged me to buy my assassin mark ring for 3ex while I was in lab, killed myself so he wouldn't have to wait, never accepted invite or responded. Then an hour later I got a 21/23 vaal ice nova from a legion mob so I guess it was karma.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Super geared chars strangely die to trivial things this league, pal's jug death makes no sense

And is there something wrong with multistrike? Something feels very wrong

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Seems like a clunky way to limit the skill.

How so? Cyclone dps is getting nerfed. That's probably the easiest way to go about it that doesn't change anything about how the skill functions which right now is amazingly well. They could nerf the aoe to namelock skill size and keep all that dps I guess, that would insure no one played it next league.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Super geared chars strangely die to trivial things this league, pal's jug death makes no sense

And is there something wrong with multistrike? Something feels very wrong

Aside from getting the attack speed shitcanned in this patch it's also self-canceling itself so you rarely, if ever, get the 2nd or much less the 3rd bonus damage strikes out of it unless you play very, very carefully.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How so? Cyclone dps is getting nerfed. That's probably the easiest way to go about it that doesn't change anything about how the skill functions which right now is amazingly well. They could nerf the aoe to namelock skill size and keep all that dps I guess, that would insure no one played it next league.
Cyclone's dps is pretty low on "problem" list. Do you have a PoB showing it doing as much dps as a chaos conversion character? So, I don't understand how nerfing impale's interaction with cyclone actually accomplishes anything.