Path of Exile

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I've spent maybe a whole 2 hours trading and was very successful. No AH plz!

Dangerously immersed in my HC fire shadow.

Let's see how long it takes for a detonate dead to give him a one way ticket to SC when I reach reflects damage packs (really gonna try not to make an oops..).

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Nobody says he lives a glorious life driving Ferraris and shit. But what the fuck do you care what he's doing? It's like that part always gets added in. No one hears a dude works in an office and immediately starts saying "oh but he's just a drone working a meaningless job, that's not a good life," or says "oh running a landscaping business sounds shitty dealin with unreliable employees, lyrical doesn't live a good life," or "building wooden bumpers as a career would get tedious, tuco's life sounds shitty." That would all be weird. Yet you hear a dude plays video games for money and people come out of the woodwork talking shit about it. That's how you know they're jealous. There's no other reason. You can be jealous without actually wanting the entire reality of the person's life. But the guy makes money on something that is a hobby for the rest of us. Whether you want that life or not, that fact is cool and good for him. Haters are just jealous, as always. If you really didn't care you wouldn't say anything

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
As I said before, I really like Krip and think that his steam is great. I was just commenting on the seeming mis-understanding that he's supporting himself through 24/7 gaming, aka living dream.

I know when I graduated from college, I spent a few months rolling out of bed and gaming 18 hours a day with serious bed head and no sense of time or what day it was. It ended up being pretty depressing after a while. I don't know how the guy does it week in, week out.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Looking for a fire penetration support gem if someone wants to trade (may as well drop this comment before braving trading with the unwashed)

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Just a regular one? Can find those any hour of the day practically. Doing discharge? I got some serious deals lately on discharge gear. I'm running almost completely Q gems (discharge, extended range, chance to ignite, burning dmg, flammability, warlord's mark), most in the 13-18 range and nothing for more than a few gcp.

If you do go discharge, I think the fire (endurance) based one is way more solid. The standard build basically requires Voll's which cuts your mana in half and is a garbage chest piece. It also requires more effort/maintenance than simply using 2 enduring shouts, curse, & discharge. Fire-only probably requires a Searing Touch staff, as a majority of your damage is burn, but you really only need to 4L it. Right now I'm at lvl 66 and kind of a shitty hybrid health/es until I can find a good ES chest & gloves to finally go CI, have died 33 times now, but the build is by far the most fun I've ever played. I'm fairly certain it will be nerfed though. If they nerf it before fundamentally changing spark totem (such as making ele reflect hurt the caster, not the totem), I'm gonna be pissed. Look at end game maps groups and it's like 3 spark totemers + people who die easily.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Going with a detonate dead/firestorm/fireball build. Dual curse with flammability, temporal chains and critical weakness. Normal Piety was a joke once I figured out to just temportal chains her right after a portal buff faded then kill her right before she walked into another one.

Got everything I need (really, trading is super fast even on HC for me) minus 2x reduced mana support gems, 1x concentrated effect, 2x increased area of effect.

Later, I'm going for aCarcass Jack.

Going forthis build(it doesn't like IE), feel free to tear it to shit.

As I said before, I really like Krip and think that his steam is great. I was just commenting on the seeming mis-understanding that he's supporting himself through 24/7 gaming, aka living dream.
Can someone actually do a calculation based on facts on how much krip makes? I have no idea. His daily youtube vids seem to get around 30k - 60k views and he has 2-3k viewers on twitch constantly (I haven't actually watched him for quite a while so if that's off someone can correct me).

I've done my fair share of no-life thing of only playing wow and sleeping for extended period of time and certainly not wanting to go back to that.

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
Going with a detonate dead/firestorm/fireball build. Dual curse with flammability, temporal chains and critical weakness. Normal Piety was a joke once I figured out to just temportal chains her right after a portal buff faded then kill her right before she walked into another one.

Got everything I need (really, trading is super fast even on HC for me) minus 2x reduced mana support gems, 1x concentrated effect, 2x increased area of effect.

Later, I'm going for aCarcass Jack.

Going forthis build(it doesn't like IE), feel free to tear it to shit.
First of all, you dont want to plan a spec using all 120 points. Someone like you and me will probably not get much past 80-85 without a couple more acts put into the game.

I'm no expert, far from it, but it looks like your build is a little low on hp for a HC character (maybe another HC player can chime in).

Critting with fire inflicts burn condition, you took alot of crit nodes but skipped the increased burn nodes.

You went and took blast radius on top of the witch area but skipped the 2 4% area increase nodes right next to it.

I modified your build for using less points in some places and removing some less than great passives. The resist nodes aren't that great and you should be easily maxed on resists with gear alone except on -resist maps.

Crazily

N00b
Yea your not going to do maps or even act 3 merci hardcore with that much life. Defense is king and max life nodes (or max es if u CI when u get gear) plus max resists its a must for HC. I have lost a 64 HC and a 73. My 73 had nearly 4k HP's and was 1 shot by a boss in a map.....this was pre-nerf so about 3 weeks ago but still.

HC is 100% about defense and life and then figuring out how to squeeze the DPS needed to kill shit. SC is about maximizing DPS and figuring out how much life to not just keep dying.....

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
anybody have familiarity with immortal call? Im thinking about tinkering with onslaught, i hear with an IC build with increased duration you can be invincible for long durations but not sure how to achieve that

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
anybody have familiarity with immortal call? Im thinking about tinkering with onslaught, i hear with an IC build with increased duration you can be invincible for long durations but not sure how to achieve that
2 gems of Enduring Cry to generate more charges, Increased Duration support with quality if possible on IC, potentially the increased buff duration passive. You're not actually invincible though, simply immune to physical, you can still get killed by spells. Also IC has a short cast time which means you need to start recasting before it wears off and not wait too long, otherwise the mob might get a hit in and splash your face.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Critting with fire inflicts burn condition, you took alot of crit nodes but skipped the increased burn nodes.
Staff I have gives 70% burn. I have it 4L right now with firestorm/fireball and increased critical damage + fire penetration.

I'm running a setup that lets me stack 4 curses. Got a Doedre's Damnation, working on Windscream and have the extra curse talent. I plan on stacking enfeeble/temp chains/flammability/critical weakness on mobs before killing (working with 3 curses atm). I just apply chains then flam first for now and crit if its something extra nasty. Just killed Merc Brutus at lvl 43, popped molten shell, grew a sack and took a ground slam which only took me to half so I'm happy with my tankiness (for now).

What freaks me is your comment about your lvl 73 geared char getting one shot... it makes me want to stay away from maps almost permanently lol. What kind of map was it? What was the boss map? Was it a physical inflicted attack.. or what element otherwise? Were you cursed when it happened? I read nasty things about project weakness casting archer packs.

The good thing, though, I feel like is that by the time you're farming maps you're probably ready for a new char anyways and should have a sizable stash built up for your next char.

(Edit: Got my supports)

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
You can get a couple reduced mana supports by leveling up a marauder. More than one quest reward is that gem.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Not at all, which is why I'm so confused as to why haters like you are so jealous
Why are we still talking about this? The guy is well known and popular so of course he is going to have people attacking him, that's just how people are. I doubt that anyone is jealous over him making money off of video games though, plenty of people make money off of video games. Were people jealous when Yantis was buying and selling RMT companies for millions? Probably but who cares.

Now that I've been playing regularly again I've run into the same problems as I did at the start of Open Beta. Maps are simply too expensive, doubly so due to the poor trading system. You are virtually forced into groups when you reach end-game POE. Not only does grouping the whole way through the leveling process make the game much easier, they then make it nearly impossible to continue while playing solo once you reach the end-game.

The loot changes are good but I still get an unreasonable amount of lag in a group and there's still no way to disable all of the silly spell effects. Summoning a totem still causes me to freeze for a second or two for some reason. The lag and the random freezing is compounded by the people that you're forced to play with in PUGs, holy moly... I'm just not having any fun playing the end-game the way they have it designed currently.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
starting to despise the rng in this game. I can understand burning a lot of currency on high maps. But me and hateyou were doing lvl 67 and 68 maps with close to 100% iq and on several occassions got no map. Got into a lvl 69 once, did 100iq, got a lvl 68 map, did 100 iq, got no maps. 5 hours dozens of alchemy orbs and several chaos down the drain

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that was pretty horrible. Not sure how people can sustain maps with runs like that. Any of you fuckers that quit want to donate some maps hit me up, we need em
tongue.png